Simultaneous cut and bulk

<div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 31 2006,23:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Okay, you're probably right: I just thought that the GI index had something to do with it. I'd wondered about the dextrose myself, but it was recommended by another science-based forum. I just have this thing about junk food I guess. It makes me bloat, like, NOW.</div>
Generally speaking you want high glycemic around your workout and low glycemic the rest of the time (hence sugary bad foods or dextrose after workout!).

However, you then have to consider how much of whatever it is you're eating and how much else you're eating at the same time. E.g. have a massive roast dinner and then dessert, does it really matter that the dessert is high glycemic when you've just eating a load of other carbs? Probably not.

Incidentally I'm no expert on this so people jump in if I'm wrong but my personal approach to bulking is set protein to 1g per lb of bodyweight, 25% of calories as fats (including efas and mostly poly/mono unsaturates) and the rest carbs, as long as plenty of veggies and fruit not too concerned where the rest of the carbs come from, I love sandwiches :-D

Cheers

Rob

<div>
(stevejones @ Jul. 31 2006,18:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 31 2006,17:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Slapshots results from the HFT training. He bulked using HST, cut with the HFT.</div>
Man, this stuff can be so frustrating at times.  No offense to slaps, but he has the body of a swimsuit model, not a bodybuilder.   There's nothing wrong with that.  However, he's giving me advice online, and I'm taking it....and, we obviously have completely different objectives and different physiques.  HFT might have worked well for him because he didn't have muscle to lose.  You do that with more beef on you and you might be in trouble.  

Pretty soon you become so jaded that you're unable to spend more than 10 minutes studying anything about bodybuilding out of fear that it will be a complete waste of time.</div>
steve

i think you hit the nail on the head with this one, and it was funny to. these sites are a great place for info but many times you never know who your talking to or have preconcieved notions about qualifications/results/expertise etc.
im not trying to bash anyone but we are all coming from a differant place when it comes to goals, genetics, exper, body type, diet etc. etc. i enjoy getting and giving advice about basic diet and routine info but tune out pretty quick when it becomes &quot;this is what works for me so it will definitly work for you&quot;

I think you have to be around a board for a while to get an idea of who knows what.

I always try and preface my advice with a disclaimer so people know it's more an opinion of a fellow lifter who's read quite a lot as opposed to an expert.

I guess it's a lot like writing an essay though, you look at several sources before drawing your own conclusions. Looking at his site, dan's, lyle's and so on there's a broad consensus about a lot of the basics to do with training and diet, it's usually the 'tweaking' parts that cause all the debate!

The more i learn the less i know?
laugh.gif

Ain't THAT the truth! Well, I started this thread on speculation anyway, and stated it as such. What a wealth of ideas and science that came of it though! It just helped me get a better understanding and of course, &quot;back to the 'ol drawing board!&quot;

Oh, and Joe, I'll look into the Waterbury plan; it sounds like great advice for what I want to do. Thanks, bro!

Back