Squats are Evil

leegee38

I'd just like to get this off my chest ... I hate squats. They make my thighs burn like crazy. They cause amazing sounds to come out of me towards the end of a set even with ridiculously light weights. Once I can peel myself out from the squat rack they make me waddle like a ruptured duck around the gym. I HATE them! Of course I do them 2-4 times per week ... They WORK! But I hate them. Thanks ... I feel better now.

Lol.....I hate them too. :mad:
thumbs-up.gif

I actually like them some days. If I'm tired, they are the last thing I want to do. But if I get in there and have a couple of good sets to start off, then I really get into it.

If the first sets don't go so well, I know it's gonna be a long day.

hahaha YEA --- ask someone if they like them whan they are in the hole n the answer will be NO..

but when you're done OHHHH GOTTA LOVE THEM!

I save the worst for last...squats that is and SLDL

My legs don't crap out near as bad as my breathing.

butbut.gif

I alternate squats with leg extensions. Let's just say that I really *love* my extension days
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tcup @ Feb. 01 2005,4:58)]
wow.gif
6-->
[b said:
Quote[/b] (domineaux @ Feb. 01 2005,6
wow.gif
6)]I save the worst for last...squats that is and SLDL
You should do major sets for starters...
doesn't matter as long as he can still use the right weight for proper form. I do the same thing, cuz if I do squats first, the rest of my workout tends to go straight to hell.

I enjoy back squats, but my left knee doesn't. On back squats, I use a bench. I squat down until my rump kisses the bench and drive back up. The bench allows me to perform the exact same range of motion on every rep. It also helps eliminate the "OH SHEET" factor mentally. I'm not a fan of the leg press. (Old school I guess) I perform front squats on a smith machine. Has anyone rotated between front and back squats? If so, how was your experience?

I've had to derive a weird split to do my workouts. I simply cannot give full attention to squats when I'm doing a bunch of other exercises that day. I try now to train my legs/core on its own day, whether squats or deads. I love following up squats w/ SLDL's.
crazy.gif

does anyone have any information on how to do squats properly? i feel muscle strain on my lower back when i do squats.
sad.gif
by the way, i'm a newbie to squats. thanks in advance!
worship.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (da1andonlychacha @ Feb. 09 2005,12:21)]I love following up squats w/ SLDL's.
crazy.gif
Me too
thumbs-up.gif

and I'm sure alot more guys here. Crazy bunch of guys HST forum users are huh??
laugh.gif

I'm still new to squats and have mixed feelings about them. I spent about 3 weeks doing parallel BB squats and made great gains each workout but I was told to drop them and to do ATF BB squats on another board which i really like. Now, i don't like them at all and have a hard time doing ATF squats. I can't even do 70lbs for 15 reps without my knees screaming at me. Had to stop halfway last time. I figure i'll get 'used' to them soon enough. We'll see.

I love squats compared to deads! I do both but when it's dead day I start shaking before I even get started. They are scary but like you all said once you are done it is the greatest feeling in the world.

You can check out bodybuilding.com or exrx.net for some videos on proper technique on doing squats and deads.

I'd rather do 3 sets of squats than 1 of leg extensions! I HATE extensions! I'll tell you why I actually enjoy doing squats: it is what separates you from all of the frat boys and bench press/curl queens out there. By seriously training legs, I'd say you beat 90% of all so called bodybuilders.

Yes, squats are evil and so are deadlifts!!!  
crazy.gif

I've given up squats. And now that I train at home (and very much alone), I'm not betting squats will come up in any cycle soon. I do deadlifts and leg extensions. But I only incorporate deadlifts at the start of week2 of the 10's and onwards, because it wipes me out when I have to do so many reps even if it's light.
I do only core lifts mostly (I have that much faith in the system! ), and deadlifts instead of squats. Of all exercises, the deadlifts seem to take the looooooooongest. I do it last, and during those few times I'm already tired halfway through my workout, I look at the last exercise on my list (deadlifts) and I go "HO-lee crap!" and then grumble for the next few seconds until I grab the barbell and start the set.  
laugh.gif

-JV

Back