Strength and Endurance still matter

<div>
(quadancer @ May 05 2007,14:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have seen enough anecdotal evidence to make this claim...</div>
BLASPHEMY!!! Oh, how the mighty have fallen...let the witchhunt begin! I can see their little fingers poised above the keyboards now....! SURELY not
'brologic' from the mighty Dan!

Faz: For some of us, continuous load is a norm. So go to my truck and bring me 300 2x4's (we carry them 8-10 per load on the shoulder), lay them out for walls, take the nail gun or hammer and assemble them and tell me you just didn't experience a continuous load! Oh, BTW, did I mention we're rebuilding the 3rd floor?

As Sci said, he's growing from 5 reps and such. Our 15 rep scheme has other benefits, but most grow after that, in the 10's and 5's. I can see where you'd grow on the MS, but have yet to try it, as you. But I'd think that MS IS serious if you don't rest too long between reps.
My reasoning is from deads. That massive lift gets me huffin' and puffin' like a freight train, despite unloading the weight on the floor, so I'd see MS as a similar effect once you're at 95% or more.</div>
quadman i was replying to this qoute from martin
&quot;About endurance. I'd like to know of one activity that requires one to repeat the movement under continuous load except during training. Otherwise, M-S looks more like regular activities than any other rep scheme.&quot;

thats why i said hammering,sawing etc.

Back