this is awsome

iceman0625

Maybe its normal. I've been lifting the "old" way for 10+years. I tried HST and I told myself tha tI was going to do it to the letter.
Here is what I am happy with. And maybe its normal and has happened before but I have never measured my muscles. At the end of the first week of 15s I measured my bis flexed and they were 14.5 inches. This morning on my off day, yesterday was the last day of 15s I measured them again and they were 15 inches. I could understand this if I had a pump from lifting but I have not lifted any today. Maybe its the carbs I ate for breakfast. either way I am happy.

BTW don't laugh at how small my arms are LOL.

Don't worry about small arms, mine are only 15 inches as well. A lot of people see temporary and fast gains during the 15s do to water and such, it is a good ego booster. But as long as you stick to your diet and your routine, there is no reason for you not to keep those size gains and gain even more than that during the rest of your cycle.

Heya iceman0625 :)

Nice to know you've had good results so far.

And yep, that's normal. After SD, even as low as your 20RM can stimulate hypertrophy as long as the muscle is properly deconditioned.

And it's not just in the 15's. Lots of great gains are seen during the tens. Perhpas because of proper deconditioning, all the workout from 15's to 10's work like magic, then being overzealous in working out tends to limit the effectiveness of the heavier workouts. But then again, there are lots of reports too from people saying they had fantastic gains after the heavy workouts. It varies, I guess. What's important really is the end of every cycle.

Like Totentanz said, just keep at it, mind your diet, get enough rest, and you'll keep on gaining. :)

- JV

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]My arms are 15.5 cold and hanging.  I didn't realize 15 inch arms were considered small.
:D  I think it would actually depend on your height also. Taller people would need a lot more arm size than much shorter people. For someone who's less than 6'0", I suppose 15" would look huge already, but for someone of about 6'5" height or taller, having 15" arms would look pretty weak coz his arms would be so long.
Hehehe, JMHO  :D
-JV

Yeah, you're right. For that reason I'm glad I'm not 6'5. :)

I'm sure that 15 inch arms on a guy 5 inches shorter than me would look huge.

Back