Training log/journal section

Bryan Haycock

Administrator
Staff member
If a majority would like a place to log their training and discuss their experiences with others, we'll create a section for it.

-bryan

This should also reduce the traffic in the HST forum by at least 10%.
laugh.gif

I'd keep a log here. But it won't be HST for a few more months. Right now it's just 5x5 and fight training.

<div>
(vagrant @ Feb. 26 2007,16:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'd keep a log here. But it won't be HST for a few more months. Right now it's just 5x5 and fight training.</div>
It doesn't have to be HST.
smile.gif

Cool, because as much as I loved what HST did for me I'm really loving 5x5 right now. Just not growing on it - but like getting strong. When growing time comes again - it's HST all the way for me.

HST = big and lean
5x5 - strong and mean (and grouchy and sore)

Pretty good combination.

Bryan

Should help manage the site a little better, log wise as many post logs asking for info, because of the lack thereof.

Good response so far, I see!
wink.gif

I think Fausto just mentioned this, but any threads asking for advice on their routine/upcoming cycle should be put in the log section as well. This takes care of another 10-15% of traffic in the HST forum. This new forum should be great!

I think it will get muddled with discussion and it will take for ever to see someone's actual progress, just like the &quot;results&quot; and &quot;pictures everyone&quot; threads.

I know as a newbie myself. I would find a log of what someone is doing to be very valuable. I am in the second week of 10's and find myself wondering if i am doing what i should be doing. To be able to stand my routine next to the routine of one of the more experienced lifters here would really help.

<div>
(Dan Moore @ Feb. 27 2007,13:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think it will get muddled with discussion and it will take for ever to see someone's actual progress, just like the &quot;results&quot; and &quot;pictures everyone&quot; threads.</div>
That tends to happen in EVERY log section I have ever seen in lifting forums, but it is not much of a problem. TotalElite has some great logs, and actually their log section is the most popular section. I am going to start a log there soon, and maybe here also if it is started.

One way to stop the logs from getting muddled is to allow only the topic starter to post in their log, but the side effect is that nobody else can make comments or advice. I have not seen any logs like this and I wouldn't want this rule, since advice/commentary can be important.

Inner discussion within logs usually ends up being great. After all, it's why we are on a forum in the first place.

Is there a way to make the thread author the moderator for that thread only? I could be a way to remove unnecessary posts without burdening the moderators if needed.

<div>
(bgates1654 @ Feb. 28 2007,13:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is there a way to make the thread author the moderator for that thread only? I could be a way to remove unnecessary posts without burdening the moderators if needed.</div>
possibly choose that as an option and not for all threads

<div>
(raoul @ Mar. 26 2007,18:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am curious if we could compile results from the combined logs to validate the method.</div>
To validate what method?

HST?

HST works or else we wouldn't have members here since 2002 barking up the tree about how great it is (nothing to sell here, all free). There is a results thread stickied in the HST forum that is 23 pages deep for all the validation you need.

Back