What exercises are you doing?

<div>
(TunnelRat @ May 01 2008,11:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 30 2008,3:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(electric @ Apr. 30 2008,11:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Colby, no pecs?</div>Any type of bench press is impossible at the moment with the equipment that I have.</div>
If you don't work your pecs, pretty soon you'll have tits...
sad.gif

How about a Floor Press? You've got a floor, don't you?</div>
Did them before, but I felt there were safety issues with how I was doing them.

I never felt comfortable with DB Floor Presses. I'm not too worried about my chest becoming flabby.

<div>
(bgates1654 @ May 01 2008,1:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You could always add pushup/one-arm pushup/elevated pushup/planche pushup  for chest.</div>
I agree. And you could always have the cause of the wedding expenses sit/lay on your shoulders/back for some weighted pushups!
wink.gif

I had been doing the madcow version of 5X5 since 15 Jan. and was making really good progress in strength gains. Due to shoulder problems I had to stop all pressing and pulling. Every time my shoulder feels better I try something and screw it up again. Recently I've started to develop what I think is a mild patellar tendonitis so I stopped squatting. Now it's started bothering me even bending the knees to do deadlifts. So I've dropped DLs. That doesn't leave me with much.
sad.gif
I'm currently doing the following since these are about the only exercises I can do right now:

Facepulls - very light

Romanian Deadlifts or Rack Pulls 5x5
Hyper extensions 5x5

Hammer curls 3x8
Skull crushers 3x8

With the extra free time that I now have in the gym
tounge.gif
I've been noodling around with trying to properly rack the bar for cleans and/or front squats. Getting the elbows up and the wrists bent is a problem for me, but it's coming along slowly. I'm also working on being able to do overhead squats.

I'm wondering how you were doing deads and squats. Form could be a problem or just the heavy 5x5 stuff after a while. There is a possibility that if your form could be corrected somewhat, you could work very light with 25 rep sets for a while, to let the body cure itself. If that didn't work, and things stayed the same or worsened, you'd have to stop doing legs for a good while.
If your form was proper and the weights not all that hard, then a doctor visit might be in the offing.

<div>
(quadancer @ May 02 2008,8:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If your form was proper and the weights not all that hard, then a doctor visit might be in the offing.</div>
My experience with doctors who don't lift is that it's a waste of time. Their answer is always &quot;You shouldn't lift heavy weights.&quot; I think my form is o.k., but I recently read that flat feet can be a problem and I have pretty flat feet. I probably need some kind of arch supports. It could also be from increasing the weight too fast and working at RMs too often. I was adding 5 lbs per week and doing a new 5RM once a week AND a new 3RM once a week. I may take your advice and start with high reps for awhile. This will also be a good opportunity to work on front squats and overhead squats. Have you tried OHS? They are a lot trickier than they look.

Make sure you work some squats, Bax! Aw, I'm doing the same for bench, but it seems to be stalling out. I'd SD if I weren't on a sloppy cut.

rows, flys, military presses, SLDL/Squat, curls, lying tri extensions

just enough to work everything and feel the burn
biggrin.gif

Current routine, A/B split:
A Deads, Dips, Calf raises, Chins, Upright rows, Curls, and Leg raises
B Squats, Bench, Bent over rows, Pull ups, Military press, Reverse curls, Wrist extensions

It covers the entire body, and they feel gooood and you can go heavy on them (mostly compounds).  
cool.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ May 04 2008,6:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Make sure you work some squats, Bax! Aw, I'm doing the same for bench, but it seems to be stalling out. I'd SD if I weren't on a sloppy cut.</div>
Have you tried deloading? Most 5x5 programs seem to recommend a 10% deload once you have stalled at the same weight for 3 consecutive work outs. Before starting my HST cycle I had been doing a 5x5 and had great strength gains with it but not the mass I was looking for. In that time I stalled several times. Each time I deloaded I was able to progress through the weight I originally stalled at and reach new PR's.

My current HST consist of:
squats (1x15, 2x10, 3x5)
bench (1x15, 2x10, 3x5)
row (1x15, 2x10, 3x5)
press (1x15, 2x10, 3x5)
deadlift (1x15, 1x10, 1x5)
I finish with a tri-set of chin-up, dips, pull-ups (1x15, 1x10, 1x5)

Mon/Weds/FRi:

Clustering 20-30 reps per exercise depending on weight
AM
Dips
Chins
Shrugs
Pullovers
Hack Squats
Barbell Curls
CG Bench

PM
Bench
Pendlay Rows
DB Military
Deadlifts
1.5 pood (~24kg, ~54lbs) Kettlebell Clean and Press from the Floor
Preacher Curls
Skull Crushers

As for Cardio I do Tabata &quot;swinging&quot; 1 pood (~16kg, ~36lbs) Kettlebell Clean and Press after the AM session

And Tues/Thurs Tabata with Recumbent bike broken down like:
5mins SS warm up
5mins Tabata
5mins SS
5mins Tabata
5 mins cool down.

Sometimes I adjust the routines due to time constraints etc.
There have been time when would do both AM/PM at in the same session with a few modifications of course
if that is the case then I usually super set them like this

Bench
Rest 1minute
Pendlays
Rest 1minute
DB Military
Rest 4 minutes

Chins
Rest 1minute
Dips
Rest 1minute
Shrugs
Rest 4 minutes

Then whatever leg exercise I decide for that day usually Deadlifts
Then in the end Tabata &quot;swinging&quot; 1 pood (~16kg, ~36lbs) Kettlebell Clean and Press

Then 2 sets of
Barbell Curls
CG Bench

Back