When I get hungry I get tired

I don't think it's a response to exercise because it happens when I'm not, such as now. What's really weird is I also get tired after moderate-to-large meals as well. I hope that helps rather than confuses :D Like today... for lunch I had a peanut butter sandwich, two high-carb drinks, and half a chinese chicken salad, and about 1 hour afterwards I could barely stay awake for the life of me. I couldn't think either. It's like I shut down. Now, 3 hours post-meal, I'm much better despite not eating anything.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Calkid @ Aug. 13 2003,1:24)]Like today... for lunch I had a peanut butter sandwich, two high-carb drinks, and half a chinese chicken salad, and about 1 hour afterwards I could barely stay awake for the life of me. I couldn't think either.
Now thats the classic response to high blood sugar/serotonin. After playing around with carb loading, my entire day would be spent next to asleep, while trying to force food in.

At least you sound like you are succeeding in increasing your calories.

Elle,

It seems you continue to bring up theoretical implications for BS control. Truth is standard feedings versus multiple feeding have never shown improved HgA1C's or any other measure of control. Our dieticians and Endocrinologists suggest calorie control as in any diet without macro ratios mentioned (again no viable research in BS control). GI index is not a great indicator either. There is a study somewhere (I can find it if you want hough it may take a while) that stated with same calories a high GI versus low GI CHO diet yielded almost identical weight loss. I think the low GI group lost an extra .75 pounds in 6 weeks (or somewhere around that level).

Keep eating Calkid. Oh to be in college again. ;)

Lack of food and lack of energy, is directly correlated. You seem to experience a greater correlation than most.

When the fed signal is not sent to the body, leptin levels dip, and the cascade of effects is not uncommon.

If the problem is that sever, you need to find a way to send the fed signal to the body between meals, to effectively diet.

Or, you can get Leptigen, which is designed to do just that.

But this is happening when he is bulking and dieting. Leptin definately isnt a short term effector of appetite. So 2 hours without eating wouldnt make much of a difference.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Aug. 16 2003,4:33)]But this is happening when he is bulking and dieting. Leptin definately isnt a short term effector of appetite. So 2 hours without eating wouldnt make much of a difference.
If it happens when bulking, as well, I'd agree (must have missed that in this thread).

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Now thats the classic response to high blood sugar/serotonin. After playing around with carb loading, my entire day would be spent next to asleep, while trying to force food in.

Oh great, so I fall asleep when I'm both extremely hungry AND extremely full. For pete's sake that's like 75% of my day! No wonder I sleep so much during class.

Back