whistle's training log

UPDATE:

Well, things have been pretty crazy the past month. In case you hadn't heard, there was a severely violent storm system that came through April 27th that killed hundreds. My hometown was hit hard and I lost a few people very dear to me.

The aftermath has monopolized my life and everything other than cleaning up and picking up the pieces has been on the backburner.

I've trained a little, sporadically. Even getting to some classes. And I've actually gotten quite good with the power variations of clean & snatch. I have been doing a bit more stuff outside of the gym - like hill sprints, plyometrics, bodyweight workouts. I've spent most of my time about 40 miles south of Atlanta, where I grew up - with no equipment or gym to workout at.

As soon as I can get back to regular training, I'll start logging again. Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm glad to hear you made it through. I know several people online who have been hit by this. It's a hard situation for many people. I hope things look up for you soon. Stay strong.

Sorry to hear about what happened, Dix. I actually hadn’t heard about it since I don’t watch or read news of any kind. It either makes me angry or depressed since it’s almost never good news. I hope you make it back soon.

Back