Will Smith's Bench Press

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Will smith....benched 385....etc.</div>

If he did do it, I'd bet that it was with 4 other doofuses standing around with their hands on the bar, doing bent over rows....yelling &quot;all you baby all you&quot;...kind of like Larry Allen's infamous 700 bench press.  If Will Smith was really able to do 385 by himself then his 'hollywood number' would probably be at least 430 because that's how much he could push up with the help of some other gym rats.  That's just standard protocol for amateurs bragging about their gym lifts.  
<div>
(EL_VIEJO @ Mar. 27 2008,02
smile.gif
</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Here's Kara.....Are these allowed in sanctioned powerlifting contests?</div>

As far as Kara's bench press performance goes, I know that her max raw is 300 (at least in 2006 it was), and I believe her current record is 451@165lbs.  That translates to an improvement of about 50 percent.   That would be like Asafa Powell slipping on some special Nike shoes that enable him (after some training) to improve his world record in the 100m dash from 9.74 seconds to 4.87 seconds.  Pretty retarded...but the retardation won't change.  Sanctioned powerlifting meets do a better job at showing off technological improvements in gear than strength improvements (unless they're raw).

<div>
(Aaron_F @ Mar. 27 2008,20:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Sci

I will reply to you one day on BR,

really,

but I am lazy</div>
Cool, I thought so.

nothing against Will Smith, but plenty against Men's Health, I don't believe it. MH's training articles are notoriously for sh*t. whether it's advice for the regular man or a star's gym tips, the advice is generally poor. IMO, Men's Health is every bit as derivative &amp; worthless as the &quot;Muscle mags,&quot; &amp; even more poorly written.

<div>
(terp @ Mar. 28 2008,11:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">nothing against Will Smith, but plenty against Men's Health, I don't believe it.  MH's training articles are notoriously for sh*t.  whether it's advice for the regular man or a star's gym tips, the advice is generally poor.  IMO, Men's Health is every bit as derivative &amp; worthless as the &quot;Muscle mags,&quot; &amp; even more poorly written.</div>
But how else could they keep churning out issue after issue?

Back