Womens workout routine

bosbik

I'd like to ask if a woman's workout routine is totally different from a man?

This is for my girlfriend...
blush.gif

She's looking into losing some fat and gain strength

Thanks!

No. My wife, for instance, is doing the same routine I am, though obviously with less weight. Just remember, they need to have a clear goal - either losing fat or gaining muscle, but not both at the same time, for best results.

Absolutely NOT. If an article proposes a "woman's workout" for building muscle, they don't know what they're talking about. A muscle is a muscle.

Interestingly, look at some of the routines of the lady BB'ers, natural or on 'roids. They outlift some of YOU guys!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 07 2007,08:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Absolutely NOT. If an article proposes a &quot;woman's workout&quot; for building muscle, they don't know what they're talking about. A muscle is a muscle.

Interestingly, look at some of the routines of the lady BB'ers, natural or on 'roids. They outlift some of YOU guys!  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
</div>
Yeah, I remember some of Bev Francis lifts!  She was one strong woman!

Check this out:

http://www.bevfrancis.com/profile.html

It's a shame you don't hardly ever see pics of these gals when they're NOT sweaty, cut, and pumped up before a contest. It's like they HIDE from cameras...but TBH, when you see one just sitting around or walking down the street, you will always do a double take!
Too bad, because that's why so many guys like to say &quot;I'd never have me a woman what looks like a man like that!&quot; But without knowing, their eyeballs have bugged out at these women when they were au naturel. Sleek and tight. Man, that's ART!

hehe..thanks once again guys
What advice could you give for a weightloss program?

@Tot
could you post the routine you and your wife are using currently?

<div>
(bosbik @ Apr. 08 2007,09:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">hehe..thanks once again guys
What advice could you give for a weightloss program?</div>
Eat a little less than usual, or count calories if that is possible and try to get only 10 times her bodyweight (in lbs) worth of calories daily. Lift fullbody 3 times a week and do cardio on offdays.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
@Tot
could you post the routine you and your wife are using currently?
</div>

It's HST, with some tweaks to progression. Six weeks of 10s followed by 10 weeks of 5s. Sets decreasing over time as load increases.
The actual lifts being used are:

Mon/Fri

Squats
BB Bentover Row
Clean and Press

Weds

Deadlift
Weighted Dips
Weigthed Chins
High Pulls

The only difference between hers and mine is that she is doing bench instead of dips.

Back