Zone Contest

I should add that the photo comparison part of the contest is being judged by Dr. Ellington Darden.

Regards,
Andrew

F'king Jreps... again?
rock.gif

<div>
(Bulldog @ Jan. 16 2007,10:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">What the heck is/are JReps?</div>
We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you...
rock.gif

There is a huge difference between being 'active minded' and 'closed minded'.

This sight is full of door slammers regardless of who's fingers are in it.

<div>
(AShortt @ Jan. 17 2007,13:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">There is a huge difference between being 'active minded' and 'closed minded'.

This sight is full of door slammers regardless of who's fingers are in it.</div>
I'm not closed minded. I openly accept the fact that discussing this results in threats of lawsuits. That's why I responded the way I did. Change that part about the system you love so much, and I'm sure you'll get a lot better discussion!

BTW, threatening legal action for discussing a training method ... how is that not 'door slamming?'

Close minded?  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Someone actually threatened legal action because people were discussing a training method?  Isn't it in the best interest of the &quot;training method&quot; that people discuss it?  I'm mean, how else would anyone determine if it is a good method if it isn't openly discussed?

Search results for keywords &quot;ashortt&quot; in topic J-Reps results? in forum Basic Training Principles and Methods = 33
total replies in thread:115
total number of posts to date by Ashortt: 53
signature used to be : www.zone-training.net

now call me cynical; but it's almost one year since the last post in the &quot;Johnston Rep Method &quot;
rock.gif

oh, and he was a zone poster-boy

Any publicity is good publicity...
laugh.gif
 but please don't &quot;buy the book&quot;

I hope you don’t take yourself too seriously ‘dark master’…lol.

If you do it wouldn’t hurt to try growing up a bit. What do ya say there Caligula? How about being nice or is this just another of your perverse pleasures talking shite about someone you don't know?

Silly kids.

**** off Shortty! - I take offense at being called a silly kid; I prefer imature adult
wink.gif

As regards talkin' shite - the last post was all factual; now who's talking shite?
rock.gif

You are playing with your own doo-doo; “please don’t buy the book”.

I can’t believe people like you exist with time to waste in this manner. Then again, I can’t believe you refer to yourself as ‘dark master’...lol! How am I supposed to take you seriously, or is that the point? What exactly are you mastering in the dark?

Regards,
Andrew
zone-training.net

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">As regards talkin' shite - the last post was all factual; now who's talking shite?
rock.gif
</div>

Asshort, DM was giving the facts about that thread. Have you come back with a more open mind?

By the way, welcome to the age of information where you can find what you need to know for free. By not telling us a technique like J-Reps, and charging us for a book, and expecting us to believe what is inside, how do you expect us to believe you? Also, when you start bashing other people as soon as you join, why would others believe you?

If all of this wheel reinventing would go a way, a hyoooge step for mankind would be accomplished...most of everything has been already tried at some point when it comes to training, why the heck try to sell a very old thing with a fresh coat of paint(and not very good paint)?

Nobody has really tried to systematically replace &quot;traditional&quot; reps the way IART is doing with zone training.

People have definitely flirted with this idea, from 21's to stage reps, but nobody has systematically applied it to training in general.

So, like or hate IART, I am forced to concede that it's actually a pretty interesting idea.

Put differently, try it. I did a single set of bulgarian split squats in jreps style, moving rythmically with brief pauses, doing 12 half reps in the bottom, then the top half, then full. Not to sound like Vince Basile, but my ass was so sore the next day that I could barely walk, and it is REALLY rare for me to get a sore ass from training.

So, I think there is something to it. Just my $.02.

Back