2 month SD and return to BB

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 05 2007,14:13)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Progress continues; I'm about where I was after the last bulk @ 209 lbs. My relaxed comparison shot is here, the camera just managed to get my ghut in...</div>
yep, looks like the boy is back in town, brilliant transformation in such a short time.

i went through a similar period recently, through bad diet and illness but im gettin it together.

keep up the good work quad!

Thanx bros. I missed a couple workouts due to the big deck build and humping lumber up those stairs...hit the squats and dead both today to check things out: I'm just as strong as I was, hitting 315 back squats for 3 sets and a couple sets of deads at 365, shrugs for a couple sets of 355x7 or so. Hit the bench after all that and sort of flagged out at 275...for four...twice! Shoulda skipped those deads!
My plan now is to work the 5's until things slow down and try a deload of single sets at the slowdown weights...then push on up again...and keep doing the overreach program until that stops working. I may use SuperDiol to assist this one, since I'm set up for some new gains and lack the hormones to do much, but I'm feeling pretty healthy just with the Eblocker I'm taking. At least I finally feel like working out lately.
Dang I hate pills.

Firstly - congrats on the quick progress, quad. You look great!

Secondly - I'm amazed you got any bench reps in after squats, deads and shrugs. Your delts had to have been screamin'! You're an animal!

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 05 2007,21:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Shoulda skipped those deads!</div>
Never skip deads!!!

Even if it's only once a week...
wow.gif

Aaahhh...it's not really all that quick progress: two months out now. The point of the thread is becoming as such: not to worry if you had to lay off for a while; it will all come back with MM. I'm still not as strong as I was last year, but that may be a declining thing too, unless I decide to focus on SST - but that could have drawbacks, as I've begun Cissus therapy for my joints and all.

I still use instincts where needed: did the deads and all last w/o and still hit chest because of missing workouts: I didn't care as much wether I made my reps or not as much as just hitting the upper body, period. I had just stopped doing squats and deads together when I hit the fives, as a rule. This morning saw a succession of Pendlay Rows at 225x5, 245x5, 255x5, 265x5, 265x4. Followed this with 50lb. db curls and BW chins to failure.
I'll do tri's next workout. I sometimes split like I did here, and if I feel good, will do whole body, usually.
I feel that since I only do arms intermittently, I'll go to primary failure (no more MN stuff!) since they have a break of sorts afterwards. (day off then compounds only)

That's some pretty heavy iron you are rowing with Quadman! I have no idea how you do that yet but I intend to get there if I can by this time next year. You are certainly back in the game. That decking looks great too.
smile.gif

Thanx my friend. I can pull hard, do flye movements well, curl well...but I can't push stuff for $#*+!
My general goals are 315 pendlays, 315 bench (have done 350 years back), 350 squat, 450 deads (WAS a 500 goal), 315 T-bar, 170 bar curl, 150 skullcrusher, and to hit 600 again for shrugs.
That's general, but not set in stone. My REAL goal is to hit 220 lbs. or more, and be able to wear a loose shirt and have no one doubt that I'm an ironbender.
I tire of squeezing into medium t-shirts to feed my pathetic ego.
biggrin.gif

Keep it up Quad, but from what I have picked up on... you have the ability to put on size fairly easy, so don't worry if you were losing too much.

I put on FAT easily, muscle is MUCH harder at my age. I meant 220lbs. at around 15% - that will be kinda hard. I hit 215 last bulk but was probably 18-20%!

It was a bit of a &quot;woohoo&quot; day so I thought I'd post.
Yesterday was my A routine...
Squats
225xwu
275x2
295x5
315x5
325x3,1, &amp; fail.
DB Bentarm flyes
60x10
70x10
80x10
Dips
25x8
50x8
90x5,5 getting tired, whew.
Shrugz
325x8
365x8
450x6

Today I had some attitude but didn't feel like doing 5's.
Tried something new and blasted myself up a good 15-20% in weight right away! B routine:
Deads
225x3
315x3
365x5 -got a little carried away with yelling...
385x3
Bench
225x3
265x3
285x3
305x2
315x1,1 yeeha, 350 here I come again!
Pendlays
225x3
275x3
295x2,2
Shrugz
295x8 -whatever, the bar was still loaded...
315x8
405x6,6 too tired now to match yesterday. Big fun tho.
Got attitude?
DSCF0761.jpg

Awesome numbers Quad! With those rows and that benching, you just accelerated away into the distance again. I think I need to work on my attitude!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 14 2007,22:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Pendlays
225x3
275x3
295x2,2
Shrugz
295x8 -whatever, the bar was still loaded...</div>
Yup, the bar was still loaded... just sitting there, waiting for you to move it...

That's about how I select the weight for my shrugs, too.

Looks like you had a terrific day! That two month SD is finally starting to pay off!
smile.gif

Buullllcraaap!!! That 2 month &quot;SD&quot; was an uninvited, unintended, unwanted, unforgiven disaster! Look at my pics in the beginning of this thread and you'll see.
OTOH I'm surprised that my shoulder is holding out for the bench, my size, if not full strength is back, (in 2 months HST), and my deads just 'woke up'. My alltime single dead was 435, but it almost killed me!
wow.gif

Thanx guys!
Today saw my bench stall at 315x2, yet preceded with the same reps as before but with more weight.
Then I hit Pendlay's up to a 315 single! Danged if something ain't wrong when your rows match your bench! Some women bench more than me.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Dec. 21 2007,01:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Your rows are insane.  I can't even imagine doing pendlay rows with 315...ever!
wow.gif
</div>
Quad's rows are insane but you have twenty plus years to get there and I have around ten. We can do it!  
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

Back