2 month SD and return to BB

Holy Crap! Really?
Good work man!
Slapshot and I are discussing ideas (as usual) and he's talking about an old Russian routine where you do 70% of 1rep for 7 reps and just add reps each day for a week then add weight and do all again. I can't see every day; waiting for his reply since I didn't read the article.
I'm thinking MS for the end of this cycle, and may just do a deload week at one weight to get primed for it. I just don't wanna stop and WILL NOT let the holidays do me any damage outside of summa that raisin/sweettater/pecan/keylime/cheesecake pie that I know I'll fall for.

I am now officially getting smoooooth after the holiday eatathon. Decided to continue this cycle as far as I can, but was beginning to hit the wall a bit. I've hit 210lbs and 17" arms, where I usually stall out. Looking at my past pics since '05, I've not gotten a lot bigger despite trying several methods of lifting and some diet work - I assume I've more or less hit my genetic limits and will need HRT or assistance to make any further gains.
I began a PH cycle 3 days ago, hasn't kicked in yet, but I got a great workout to start the year with, and a couple pics.
Deads
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x3 (only made a single last w.o.)
425x1 ...look out Lol, the 'ol man's still coming up!

Bench
225x3
275x3
305x2
315x2
325x1
335x failed with cramp in hamstring; might have gotten it, sloppily.

T-bar Rows
225x6
270x4
270x4
205x10
205x10

BB Shrugz
335x8
405x6
455x6
475x2 not much ROM, so,
405x6

Skullz
100x10
120x8
140x5
140x7

...and my wrinkles...

I absolutely have to start doing something different for bi's. Occasional iso's are not working.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 01 2008,16:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Deads
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x3 (only made a single last w.o.)
425x1 ...look out Lol, the 'ol man's still coming up!</div>
You da Man, Quad!

(Good pics, too).

Been away for a few days Quad and I return to find you lifting heavier than ever! Fantastic deads and benching and the rest too.

Your back's looking really thick. Good work!

Our upper arms seem to be quite similar. I don't have much of a peak to my bis but they do have long muscle bellies so I think there's potential for more size. I'd like to get my arms up to 18&quot; if at all possible but I want to focus on my main compounds until I feel that I have taken them as far as I can go. Then I'll spend more time working on the gunz.

Same goals. You got any ideas? I've thot of heavy/light alternate workouts on them, but with compounds, you're getting light work with low reps, so it's kinda screwed up for doing that. I've also never been able to get DOMS in my bi's...not even the day I did 30 plus sets on them! (but they did shrink from that...
sad.gif
)

Nice work quad! I noticed that my triceps seemed to have a long bellies or however you spell it. I think I might have some good tricep potential. My chest allways seemed to bulk easy so that might have good potential too. I'm up there in about the same ballpark as you and Lol in deads. Your bench is amazing though quad.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 02 2008,23:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Same goals. You got any ideas? I've thot of heavy/light alternate workouts on them, but with compounds, you're getting light work with low reps, so it's kinda screwed up for doing that. I've also never been able to get DOMS in my bi's...not even the day I did 30 plus sets on them! (but they did shrink from that...
sad.gif
)</div>
Quad, I will use a movement where I can get more stretch - something like incline db curls (lowering out to the side to emphasise the stretch for the eccentric) and do Max Stim reps incrementing up to as much load as I can handle and with pretty good form.

I have done negs for db curls in the past and they made my bis sore as heck. I have also done cheat bb curls, again emphasising the negative. That was a long time ago though. Might give them another try at the end of this cycle.

Thanx guys. Actually, my bench has always been my weakest exersize - it responded this time and came up due to alternating in DB flyes (heavy), but not wearing them out, and doing bench every workout, having not done them in a good while. Everyone should be able to bench 1-1/2 times his BW, so mine is just a little over that. Finally. My shoulder could go at any time tho, so no telling if I'll get that 350, but I'll try for it.
Lol: One thing to watch with eccentric stretch is tendon tears. Preacher bench put me out of commission for a long time from that. I like the idea of using MS for bi's tho; haven't tried that.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 03 2008,12:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Thanx guys. Actually, my bench has always been my weakest exersize - it responded this time and came up due to alternating in DB flyes (heavy), but not wearing them out, and doing bench every workout, having not done them in a good while. Everyone should be able to bench 1-1/2 times his BW, so mine is just a little over that. Finally. My shoulder could go at any time tho, so no telling if I'll get that 350, but I'll try for it.
Lol: One thing to watch with eccentric stretch is tendon tears. Preacher bench put me out of commission for a long time from that. I like the idea of using MS for bi's tho; haven't tried that.</div>
Re bench: I think you may have been hanging out with Louis Simmons too much Quad!
smile.gif
If you look at Rippetoe and Kilgore's strength standards chart for bench then under the advanced heading (defined as an individual with multi-year training experience with definite goals in the higher levels of competitive athletics) the loads are under 1.5 x bw once you are over 198lb bw. For a 200lb athlete your 350lb bench would be very nearly in the elite section (refers specifically to athletes competing in strength sports. Less than 1% of the weight training population will attain this level). At 220lb bw, 306lb would put you in the advanced section with elite being +380lb.

Re curls: I totally agree about tendon issues from heavy eccentrics. My feeling is that preachers are about the worst thing for this as there is such a temptation to bounce at the bottom. Personally, I have never had tendon problems from doing heavy eccentric, seated incline db curls.

One of the first times I tried MS was with regular curls. I loaded up my 5RM and then tried for 20 reps with it, varying M-time accordingly as the set progressed. It gave me a really deep strain sensation in the biceps that I hadn't felt from traditional reps in the same way. I think this was partly because I wouldn't normally have done 4 sets of 5 with my 5RM load and partly because reducing fatigue helps you to feel what's going on in the muscle better. Why not give it a shot at the end of a workout and see how you get on? I'd really like to hear if it works the same way for you.

Okay. I'd rather do that every other workout than start doing bi's every w.o. anyway.
I don't know where I saw that stat on bench, but it came from here; something someone posted from another site or mag. Of course, if it's from a mag, it couldn't be trusted as a stat anyway.
I think with heavy eccentric curls, it only takes ONE rep to rip the point of insertion of a tendon, and you're in the hurt locker for at least 6 months or a year. I started stopping about 2&quot; short of extension for all curls and haven't had a problem since. I was having to curl like 30lb db's max for a long time after the injury, when I could curl at all.
OOHOOHOOOH!!! Some kid today asked me if I go to a gym...and I was wearing a XXL longjohn shirt! I feel ten feet tall! (still ten feet WIDE tho...heheh)

Now after a 3 week PH cycle, where I've been doing some machine workouts at the jobsite (because of long days and it's just available) and some at home; but not maxing any more because of the mix, so I've done some MS preliminary work instead. I've bulked upon my bulk, only to get even more smooth and didn't even gain that much weight, so it's been pretty unsuccessful. At least it's given me the gumption to cut a bit, although I wanted to make some gains first. My problem has been that I'm not really bulking hard enough to gain muscle, but did gain more fat in this short time period.
Endbulk01-08003.jpg
dangit.

Same day, different angle. The new superdrol (diol) just doesn't work well as the old stuf. I had hopes for it now that I know how to keep the gains.
Endbulk01-08001.jpg

I think your pecs are plenty big, they are just hiding underneath all the fat on your torso. Seriously I guarantee your pecs look huge after a proper cut.

Yesterday did upper bod on the machine at work (yeah, working saturdays too) and did legs today at home. Here's what I've been playing on lately...210 lb. stacks only...P.O.S.! And the db's only go to 50lbs. The leg station is totally useless...sticky and stretchy. Feels horrible.
At home: Weigh-in 216 lbs.
Squats
245x2
265x2
295x3
315x2
345x2
355x2
Deads
315x11 MS for that good 'ol pumped feelin'!

This is actually the office to a big apartment complex. We're doing a lead abatement program, and tearing out everything that was painted with lead and replacing it. Built in 1908 and converted to offices in around the 70's. I was surprised they had a gym even this good at all. I'm glad it's there for my 12-hour days, regardless. I'll need it for my cut. I have a few tricks to make things harder.

Yeah! The stack is 210, I'm 216...so I have to put it in the cradle and just do pullups anyway...with a db hooked in behind my knee.

Back