Front Squats 65kg
BP 80kg
Pullups BW +2,5kg
Leg curls 55kg
Military press 55kg
Seated row 60kg

And since I finally got to 90 kg I took a couple of post workout pics
Formbilde.jpg
Any suggestion at my current body fat %?

Congratulations on the 90kg! What were you doing differently to gain this time, as opposed to previously? Combination of increased mass and more food hopefully.

You have a good physique there. Id say your´e around 12-13. Its difficuilt to see on that pic, and your´e stomach sticks out a wee bit but you are bulking so it will do. A few days diet will probably flatten it out a bit so we could see easier where your´e at. A sharper pic of your stomach/hip area would be better.

How long do you plan on bulking? Rest of this cycle? or another full cycle? Id advise at least another full cycle of bulking to get as much mass on as possible before you cut down.

Congratulations on the 90kg! What were you doing differently to gain this time, as opposed to previously? Combination of increased mass and more food hopefully.

You have a good physique there. Id say your´e around 12-13. Its difficuilt to see on that pic, and your´e stomach sticks out a wee bit but you are bulking so it will do. A few days diet will probably flatten it out a bit so we could see easier where your´e at. A sharper pic of your stomach/hip area would be better.

How long do you plan on bulking? Rest of this cycle? or another full cycle? Id advise at least another full cycle of bulking to get as much mass on as possible before you cut down.
Thank you!
I believe it was the increased cal intake, basically I've been full for the last week - focusing on eating more especially before going to bed.
My stomach and ass sticks out due to my excessive anterior pelvic tilt, when pressing my hips forward the stomach disappears - or at least most of it. Unfortunately, stretching the hip flexors and working out extra on abs and glutes aren't helping me as much as it should.
I'll keep bulking more, staying at 90 is cool but I'd like to see if I can gain even more.

Edit:
Since this post is already here, I'll use it to put in today's routine:
3x8
BP 85kg
Front squat 70kg
Pull ups BW+5kg
Leg curls 65kg
Military press 57, 5kg
Seated row 65kg

I start to notice how much more exhausting it is to do 3 sets instead of 2 like my previous workout, which in turn force me to lower my load in all exercises.

Last edited:
Last day of 3x8s

Front squat 80kg
BP 95kg
Pull ups BW+11, 25kg
Leg curls 70
Military press 62, 5kg
Seated row 75kg

Looking forward to the 6s as the weights are getting heavy for 8s

Monday's workout first day of 3x6

Front squat 80kg
BP 95kg
Pull ups BW+11, 25kg
Leg curls 70
Military press 62, 5kg
Seated row 75kg

Im trying to workout what this means. Is it +11kg then +25kg? or reps?

It means I load with a 10kg and a puny 1, 25 kg (smallest plate in my gym) so a total of 11, 25 kg or round that sucker down to 11 kg :)
I'm actually a bit surprised about my pullups, struggling a lot more on 3x6 than I did on 2x5. I think it's mostly because of doing heavy front squats and BP just prior that drains my energy levels. Might consider longer breaks between exercises (currently about 90-120 sec)

It means I load with a 10kg and a puny 1, 25 kg (smallest plate in my gym) so a total of 11, 25 kg or round that sucker down to 11 kg :)
I'm actually a bit surprised about my pullups, struggling a lot more on 3x6 than I did on 2x5. I think it's mostly because of doing heavy front squats and BP just prior that drains my energy levels. Might consider longer breaks between exercises (currently about 90-120 sec)

So: first set with BW+11kg then second set with BW+25kg?

When I did full body I would start with squat/dead then always do chins in second place as more muscles are worked doing chins than bench. Try doing them before bench instead. Im also just wondering if you´re going too close to failure on your chins so you´re "losing" strength slightly as you progress.

Sorry about the confusion there chaps, the comma will be my downfall ^^

Todays workout I tried HCT-12 as it is a form of cluster, focusing on 6RM and above and because it has hypertrophy in the name :D (kidding)
So it's basically working up to your 6RM by doing sets of 6 with increments then when you hit the 6RM you do short pauses 15-30s and 2 reps then pause again for a total of 12 reps. Thus doing 12 reps above 70% of 1RM and 12 reps above 80% of 1RM.

Doing the same exercises but putting pull ups as 2. And skipping leg curls.
Front squats 70x6 80x6 85x6+2+2+2
Pull ups BW+10x6 BW+15x6 BW+20x6+2+2+2
BP 80x6 90x6 100x6+2+2+2
Seated row 60x6 70x6 80x6+2+2+2
Military press 50x6 60x6 65x6+2+2+2

That's not cluster training. With clusters, you're training towards a rep total at a specific load/s.

e.g 10 reps during the 5s. Let's say my 5RM is 100kg. I'm up to the 90kg workout. Instead of doing two sets of 5s, for my first cluster I do as many as I can without reaching failure, e.g. 7 reps. For my second cluster I do 3 reps and my rep total is achieved.

That's not cluster training. With clusters, you're training towards a rep total at a specific load/s.
Hmm, I've looked up like 10 different websites on cluster training now. They ALL refer to cluster training as rest-pause using 15-60 seconds between the clusters. And HCT-12 is training towards a rep total (12) at a specific load (6RM).
I'm not saying you're not doing cluster training, only that it seems to be different ways of doing it.

Obviously I'm new to this cluster training thing but when I looked around this HCT-12 seemed a nice place to continue from my 3 sets of 6 reps to hitting the 6RM with 12 reps for load progression and offer a welcome variation to my workouts.

Last edited:
Don't stress about the distinctions. My advice would be to either do rest
pause, or clustering as I've described it, simply because you'll get the advantage of not having a conflicting hybrid.

Good luck regardless.

"Clustering" really isn't any program in particular. It's just a way to count volume that avoids traditional sets.

So an example: "3 sets of 8-12 reps" being the traditional way to do reps...(total volume being 24-36 reps, just as an arbitrary example)

And "24-36 total reps" being the clustering way. With the clustering way, it doesn't matter if you do 3 sets, or 7 sets, as long as you get the "total reps" in.

I see what you're saying now and it makes sense, I've also just read the HST ebook where this kind of cluster is mentoned.
I'll think about how I'll continue my program from here.

Thanks to both of you for explaining.

Todays workout 6x2
Front squats 80
Pull ups BW + 21.25
BP 105
Seated row 80
Military press 65

So I wasn't sure how to proceed with my cycle and I had to rush my workout (something I hate doing because it steals the focus from the task at hand) due to work.
So I just ended up doing 6x2 normal style and stayed at the previous weights in most exercises. The thing that later got me motivated was that I realized that I was able to do 2 sets of 6 reps with short breaks so I still have a way to go towards my real 6RM.
My weight is sneaking towards 91kg too but it varies from day to day so I'm focusing on eating plenty and often.
Suboptimal workout but pretty decent day motivation-wise.

Last edited:
Todays workout using cluster 12 reps for each exercise
Front squats 85 6+3+3
Pull ups BW+22.5 6+3+3
BP 107.5 6+3+3
Seated row 85 6+3+3
Military press 67.5 6+3+3

Back