Back to Basics

Yeah yesterday I was doing close grip bench, had my earbuds in, listening to music and as I'm loading one side of the bar, I look up and some dude is loading the other side for me. That was a little weird. I don't really like talking much during my workouts though so I just nodded and said thanks, then continued on.

Really weird. The same happened to me with the leg press one week ago. A guy asked me for the load-put it on and went away.

Perhaps a new job discription. The load boys or "loadies".

My only real concern was that I was going to get hit on again. I am totally fine with gay people, it's not that it's a guy doing it, I just hate it when people do that in general, especially when I'm trying to work out. And then the whole rest of the workout, they keep looking over at me, it ruins the whole workout.

My only real concern was that I was going to get hit on again. I am totally fine with gay people, it's not that it's a guy doing it, I just hate it when people do that in general, especially when I'm trying to work out. And then the whole rest of the workout, they keep looking over at me, it ruins the whole workout.

Perhaps he is simply a nice and helpful guy-such humans does exist nowdays although its rare and I understand your sceptizism.

Just see how it goes next time.

No lifting since Monday as my son was born on Weds... 9 lbs 4 ounces, 21 inches long, I'm quite proud of him. The nurses have all been talking on and on about how strong he is, he holds his head up on his own, lifts himself up with his arms when he is on his chest, and all that other stuff that he isn't supposed to be doing quite yet. We knew from the ultrasounds that he was huge and I was hoping he might somehow have developed the myostatin mutation but alas, he has not. But he is still unusually strong and acutely aware of his surroundings, so I'm happy. The nurses are spoiling the crap out of him though.

So we will be discharged today which is great because I'm sick of sleeping in chairs, and I return to work tomorrow, that means I'm not exactly sure when I will get back into the gym.

No lifting since Monday as my son was born on Weds... 9 lbs 4 ounces, 21 inches long, I'm quite proud of him. The nurses have all been talking on and on about how strong he is, he holds his head up on his own, lifts himself up with his arms when he is on his chest, and all that other stuff that he isn't supposed to be doing quite yet. We knew from the ultrasounds that he was huge and I was hoping he might somehow have developed the myostatin mutation but alas, he has not. But he is still unusually strong and acutely aware of his surroundings, so I'm happy. The nurses are spoiling the crap out of him though.

So we will be discharged today which is great because I'm sick of sleeping in chairs, and I return to work tomorrow, that means I'm not exactly sure when I will get back into the gym.

Congratulations. Finally... Hulk is born.

No lifting since Monday as my son was born on Weds... 9 lbs 4 ounces, 21 inches long, I'm quite proud of him.

Big congrats, Tot'z! Even if he's not green, sounds like the little feller will be giving you a run for your money in a few years. :) Hope you recover from the hospital chair ordeal. I know what that's like. Completely knackering!

Have a great week.

Congrats bro. Tall kid, mine were that tall too. But girls! Enjoy the new son. I am doing really brief workouts for my program, as that is all I can fit into my schedule with a newborn at home.

I want to say congrats, but at 21 inches I think your son's mother deserves all the accolades :p.

He can probably get started on the 15s with some 1kg DB's in a month or two ...

... it's an option, that's all I'm saying :)

Congrats, Totz!! Glad you, your wife and son are doing well!! I was laughing out loud @ your myostatin mutation comment... hilarious. If your son has even 1/2 of your genes, he's going to be a pretty large and strong young man!!

Thanks guys, we are home now and actually got a fair amount of sleep last night so that's great. The only thing that sucks is when we are trying to get him latched on one of her breasts and he keeps grabbing anything he can, clothes, hair, whatever, and the kid has like a death grip or something because it's almost impossible to get it out of his hands.

I am hoping he gets the weight lifting bug like I did, the force seems strong in this one.

The guy that runs the gym I just joined contacted me yesterday. He wants me to meet with him and talk about my lifting history, diet, everything, I guess he does coaching, training, etc. I figured it's worth looking into. Obviously I know what I'm doing already but sometimes it is easier when someone else is holding you accountable for everything. I would probably be less likely to slack on things. So I'm going in Tuesday to talk to this guy, we will see.

The guy that runs the gym I just joined contacted me yesterday. He wants me to meet with him and talk about my lifting history, diet, everything, I guess he does coaching, training, etc. I figured it's worth looking into. Obviously I know what I'm doing already but sometimes it is easier when someone else is holding you accountable for everything. I would probably be less likely to slack on things. So I'm going in Tuesday to talk to this guy, we will see.

Maybe he just wants to learn a thing or two himself? :)

Interesting. Or perhaps he wants to educate YOU. "You are doin everythin wrong and you are on roids. Here I have a present for you *packingoutthenewflexwerehecuttedoutBryansarticle*"

One of these is going to happen:

-Request for photoshoot for advertising, similar to what's on the HST front page
-And//or a 'meet Totentanz' day or scheduled time every now and then. 16-17 year olds are highly impressionable
-Just wants help w/lifting
-Job offer as a PT in some form/capacity
-Wants you to compete in something and represent his gym
-You're gonna get hit on again ...

Interesting theories. It is kind of weird though because my last workout prior to that, the whole time I was doing my thing, this guy in question and some other guy kept watching me from their desk at the front of the gym, talking to one another, etc. It was kind of weirding me out. So maybe some of those are closer to correct... Hmm...

I might have to cancel though, I have to replace the wheel bearings on my car asap and tomorrow is the only day I can use my friend's garage and tools, unless I wait until Sunday.

Interesting theories. It is kind of weird though because my last workout prior to that, the whole time I was doing my thing, this guy in question and some other guy kept watching me from their desk at the front of the gym, talking to one another, etc. It was kind of weirding me out. So maybe some of those are closer to correct... Hmm...

I might have to cancel though, I have to replace the wheel bearings on my car asap and tomorrow is the only day I can use my friend's garage and tools, unless I wait until Sunday.

Seriously, its quite clear that they think of offering you a job and / or are interested in your approach training.

Thanks Tom.

I ditched the gym guy. I decided to stay home and hold the baby instead, it seemed more important at the time. He called me twenty minutes after I was supposed to be there, I reversed looked up his number and it goes to some site selling supplements and stuff. So not sure what he wanted to talk about, but either way, I'm vaguely creeped out by it. I'm just going to avoid them and keep with my routine. Didn't do my wheel bearings yet, and I have to change the rear brakes and rotors too, so no gym time Friday unless I can squeeze a workout in before I go to work.

Considering doing a short cut just to try to get back under 230, since I don't have as much time to eat during the day at my new job anyway, so bulking is out of the question at the moment. In fact, I've been going eight to ten hours without having time to eat, so perhaps I should incorporate some kind of fasting protocol. I don't know, not really sure at this point.

A little late to the party, but congrats on the new addition. Get those midichlorian levels checked. ;)

Honestly, I'm more 'ok' with Greedo shooting first than I am with midichlorians ...

@Totentanz - probably wants you to consider being a rep for them. Either that or wondering if you want some steroids with a doctor's report saying your 'XYZ' level might be a bit low.

Back