Browners New Powerlifting Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Browner, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Browner

Browner Well-Known Member

2. mickc1965

mickc1965 Well-Known Member

Morning Chris,

I changed where I look when squatting this morning and whilst it took a fair amount of concentration to not look up it went quite well for all 3 sets of 12, I would say it felt slightly harder than my normal stance but had no balance issues (well just 1 rep in the 1st set) and it did feel more stable than normal so will continue with looking down!!

Browner likes this.
  3. Browner

Good stuff. If there is one cue I could give you that really helped me its Hip Drive. I try on focus on a spot on the floor in front of my and drive my hips up out of the hole as hard as I can.

Good ol' Rippetoe explaining it here;

4. Browner

5. Browner

6. Browner

7. Browner

8. Browner

9. Browner

10. Browner

11. mickc1965

12. Browner

These are the way Mike Tuscherer recommends doing them. Similar to pause squat it takes out the stretch reflex in the lift while remaining as close as possible to the competition lift. I feel this has the most carry over to my competition squat.

I know others such as candito do them from a partial range of motion and from the bottom up.

;)

13. mickc1965

I was referring to the car elevator advert that was linked and no pin squat video unless there is something wrong with my phone!!

14. mickc1965

It appears to be my phone as ok on computer, sorry

15. Browner

Haha, no worries. Some weird things and links pop up on this forum from time to time ;)

16. adpowah

adpowah Active Member

Quick question: In your logs you usually list 2-3 lifts, is that your complete workout? The reason I ask is I feel I've been chasing too much volume and need to reduce it, but at the same time volume is the main growth factor...anyways just asking.

17. Browner

Yep, that is my complete workout! Sometimes I'll add a GPP day (General Physical Preparedness) where i'll do some cardio for 20 mins, abs, rows, chins and maybe some bicep curls.

My current block of programming looks like this;
    upload_2017-7-27_8-20-21.png

I have a powerlifting meet in 10 weeks so my program is a little more specific than it otherwise would be. At the moment I am just purely interested in strength in the big three so dont want to waste recovery resources on movements that wont have much carry over to the main lifts.

Hope that helps, are you looking for hypertrophy growth or strength growth?

Lol and adpowah like this.
  18. Browner

Lol likes this.
  19. adpowah

adpowah Active Member

Cool, thanks for the response!

20. Browner

Week 6, Day 1
    Squats felt awful this morning. But I am putting that down to playing 18 holes of golf yesterday, without much food or water and combine that with training at 5:30am my legs simply had no power!
    However bench moved great, and managed to set a new PR.

Squat W/belt
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BXM3fjIhvmL/?taken-by=moose_lifts
    170kg x2 @8rpe - did 180kg x2 before this but looking back at the video they were high so not counting them.
    140kg x5x6

Comp Bench
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BXM2zQchaRF/?taken-by=moose_lifts
    140kg x1 @7rpe
    150kg x1 @9rpe
    155kg x1 @10rpe
    110kg x5x6

OHP
    65kg x7x2 @7rpe

Lol likes this.