Shaved head on point.

Hips through. Looks like you’re pulling back more than hips forward.

Haha... wife hates it

Yeah figured that out on the last few sets (not filmed) and made sure I got the hips through better by really squeezing my ass cheeks together and getting hips through and into he bar

These low weights I find make you more complacent rather than drilling correct form sometimes

Will stick with this programming for 12 weeks (4 weeks in now) and see where it takes me

Haha... wife hates it

Yeah figured that out on the last few sets (not filmed) and made sure I got the hips through better by really squeezing my ass cheeks together and getting hips through and into he bar

These low weights I find make you more complacent rather than drilling correct form sometimes

Will stick with this programming for 12 weeks (4 weeks in now) and see where it takes me

Agree re: light weights. I mean it’s probably good for drilling in setup without fatigue, but damn if they don’t make folks sloppy and complacent elsewhere.

Re: skinheading - I’ll be in the same boat soon enough. Great posterior chain genetics, thanks for the male pattern baldness though guys ...

Agree re: light weights. I mean it’s probably good for drilling in setup without fatigue, but damn if they don’t make folks sloppy and complacent elsewhere.

Re: skinheading - I’ll be in the same boat soon enough. Great posterior chain genetics, thanks for the male pattern baldness though guys ...

The front of my hair was just a little tufty island, i thought I would take the Mike T approach and embrace it :D

:cool:

Mike left it quite a while himself.

The wife (wives? If we add mine in) will come around sooner or later.

My missus used to hate me shaving my head but they come round eventually (obviously not an issue for me now), however seem to spend more time on my head now by wet shaving every other / 3rd day than when I had hair.

My missus used to hate me shaving my head but they come round eventually (obviously not an issue for me now), however seem to spend more time on my head now by wet shaving every other / 3rd day than when I had hair.

I don't know if I could go down to wet shaving it. This is just without the guard on the clippers, so grade 0.

She actually said to me. "If I met you now I dont think you would be my type"

I think she was joking lol!

I don't know if I could go down to wet shaving it. This is just without the guard on the clippers, so grade 0.

That’s how I started, then I bought a skullshaver but that still leaves bits of stubble in awkward places so decided just go with skin, take the bulk off with skullshaver then on with the Gillette, 15 minutes in total, would do it every day but too much irritation for the skin

Hope she was joking

:/

Just wait until your newborn or one of the other kids takes her mind off it, and she’ll forget it wasn’t always that way ... everyone’s a critic :p

Last nights session.

Deadlifts
190 x2x10

Bench
120 x2x12

Box Squat w/bands
(bands added 40kg in total at lockout according to the little luggage scale we have in the gym)
120kg +bands x8x3 @7 - Cardio wouldave given before strength on these though

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoZ2_3YBFir/?taken-by=moose_lifts

Slightly bored of the light weight, but the deadlifts in particular felt very snappy, although it was 70%. Will stick with this for a full 12 week block and see if all these 70-80% doubles and tripples have any carry over to a bigger total.

Last nights session.

Deadlifts
190 x2x10

Bench
120 x2x12

Box Squat w/bands
(bands added 40kg in total at lockout according to the little luggage scale we have in the gym)
120kg +bands x8x3 @7 - Cardio wouldave given before strength on these though

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoZ2_3YBFir/?taken-by=moose_lifts

Slightly bored of the light weight, but the deadlifts in particular felt very snappy, although it was 70%. Will stick with this for a full 12 week block and see if all these 70-80% doubles and tripples have any carry over to a bigger total.

Seems like a month of deload?

Seems like a month of deload?
Feels like it! Will stick with it though. Out of curiosity if nothing else.

Some of the guys who train at our place are big into conjugate and westside. Last night they were doing their max effort squat session and worked up to 400kg reverse band squats, and I thought that looks like fun! But going to stick with it! "trust the process" and all that jazz.

In other news, I am going to stop putting my wallet in my back pocket, I think that may have been contributing to my piriformis/sciatic nerve issue considering im sat at a desk 8 hours a day.

Feels like it! Will stick with it though. Out of curiosity if nothing else.

Some of the guys who train at our place are big into conjugate and westside. Last night they were doing their max effort squat session and worked up to 400kg reverse band squats, and I thought that looks like fun! But going to stick with it! "trust the process" and all that jazz.

Roids?

Conjugate exercise selection and concurrent periodisation definitely work. Chains and bands have their place too IMO.

I’ve taken to moving my waistband and belt to a different position to stop irritating something on the lower back.

Roids?

Conjugate exercise selection and concurrent periodisation definitely work. Chains and bands have their place too IMO.

I’ve taken to moving my waistband and belt to a different position to stop irritating something on the lower back.

Not sure, I think 1 or 2 of them are. They were quite thick green bands, probably taking 50kg per side off at lockout, knee wraps and mono-lift but still pretty strong.

I like light bands and chains for bar path and raw lifting, but heavy chains and heavy bands are more suited to geared lifting IMO

On the menu for tonights session;
Comp Bench 6x5 @60%
pause squats 5x5 @60%
Comp Bench 3x8 @55%
DB Shoulder Press 3x10 @7rpe

:( haven't touched anything over 80% for over 4 weeks now, the heaviest I go over this 4 week block are 80% triples... this better be worth it and produce some big PRs at the end

..............or do I sack it off lol!

Another session in the books

Bench
105 kg x5x6

Squat w/Pause halfway down
130g x5x5

TnG bench
90kg x8x3

OHP
60 x10x3 @8

Those bench sets bored the pants off me!

Last edited:
Back