Crappy session this morning... A combination of not enough fluid intake yesterday, not a great night sleep, 5:15am gym session, and I have been pushing the weights quite aggressively the last few weeks and hit a number of rep PRs I think fatigue caught up with me.

Dropped pause deadlifts from this mornings session after squats as I just felt fried.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcrJljBBYHs/?taken-by=moose_lifts

Squats w/belt
182.5kg x3 @8
170kg x3x2 @7

I find paused deads require pinpoint regulation. The fatigue management just has smaller margin of error for load and volume.

I find paused deads require pinpoint regulation. The fatigue management just has smaller margin of error for load and volume.
Been using pause deadlifts as my secondary deadlift movement for quite a while now, so will be dropping it for a bit and thinking of either having a second dead lift day at a lighter load, or using another variation ie, deficit, sldl, rdl etc...

Been using pause deadlifts as my secondary deadlift movement for quite a while now, so will be dropping it for a bit and thinking of either having a second dead lift day at a lighter load, or using another variation ie, deficit, sldl, rdl etc...

Where do you fail a lift?

My fail is 1-2 inches below knees. Always means to do more RDLs but they’re like cardio sometimes.
Going to run a block with RDL's as my secondary DL movement and see how we go. Probably start that block in the new year. Thinking of sets of 5-8 and progressively load it over the weeks

What’s people’s opinions on cambered bar squats. We have a cambered bar at our gym but never though of incorporating them into my program.

What’s people’s opinions on cambered bar squats. We have a cambered bar at our gym but never though of incorporating them into my program.

Neither here nor there, really. At the end of day they’re going to be kinder on your shoulders, but the rest of the difference is minor.

Neither here nor there, really. At the end of day they’re going to be kinder on your shoulders, but the rest of the difference is minor.

Cheers that’s what I thought. I get tendinitis now and again in the bicep/elbow from low bar, so might put these in now and again just to help that

Fair enough.

I’d do more LBBS if it didn’t interfere with deadlifting as often as I like to. I should probably mix it in somewhere all the same I suppose.

Fair enough.

I’d do more LBBS if it didn’t interfere with deadlifting as often as I like to. I should probably mix it in somewhere all the same I suppose.
What about doing your low bar, paused or beltless. That way you still generate enough stress to get stronger, but because the overall load is lower it is easier to recover from and shouldnt detrqact from your DL as much.

I didnt train yesterday morning, basically overslept, but managed to get to the gym to do deadlifts in the evening.
So happy with how these felt and the speed they moved. Probably because I was training in the evening rather than 5am.

Deadlifts
210kg x4x3 - Felt about only a 5rpe, probably should of upped the weight or volume but only had a short amount of time to train.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc5NrjGhymD/?taken-by=moose_lifts

This morning hit Pause bench and overhead press with some bro curls
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc6naqRhv4P/?taken-by=moose_lifts

Pause Bench
120kg x4 @6
125kg x4 @7
130kg x4 @8
135kg x4 @9

OHP
75kg x5x3 @7

Back