Bench
2x15x195

Bent Rows
2x15x175

15 pullups
2x15xbw incline situps

note - 15 rep squats are not fun

<div>
(fearfactory @ Jun. 20 2008,4:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">note - 15 rep squats are not fun</div>
I completely agree! Makes you feel incredible the day after, though. Welcome to the new cycle, FF. Good luck!

Better -- now it only contain a malformed human...
biggrin.gif

(How much weight was on that bar you were tossing around like a toothpick...?)

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Jun. 21 2008,2:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Better -- now it only contain a malformed human...  
biggrin.gif

(How much weight was on that bar you were tossing around like a toothpick...?)</div>
I should've seen that coming! very well played TR.

<div>
(fearfactory @ Jun. 20 2008,4:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">note - 15 rep squats are not fun</div>
Isn't that the truth!! Your 175x15 rows looked nice. You keep rowing like that and you may not want to wear that VINTAGE jersey. You might stretch it out or rip it up
smile.gif

colby,
like a mixed grip? 1 overhand and one underhand? interesting... I may try that when I get to 5's
_
6-23

Squats
2x15x260

Bench
2x15x195

Bent Rows
2x15x185

Incline situps 2x15xbw +5
15 pullups

<div>
(BAX67 @ Jun. 21 2008,9:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You might stretch it out or rip it up
smile.gif
.</div>
that'd give me an excuse to buy a Celtics jersey!!
smile.gif

Yep, mixed grip as in one overhand and one underhand. It only seemed natural to me as that is how I deadlift comfortably.

Clean + Press
2x15x190 (2 presses were strict, rest were push press)

I don't even feel lazy for not doing anything else. Did these outside in the sun. Took a cold shower afterwards and was too tired to even notice the water temp.

Did you actually do 2 sets of 15 reps (ie. no rest between reps) or was it more like one long set of 30 reps? Either way that's a lot of work. Congrats for getting through that alive!
biggrin.gif
Have you got a 250lb clean yet? It can't be far away if you haven't.

I risked a 180lb clean and jerk today to see how it felt on my arm. It's still sore but I think that as long as I don't try to push the loads up too quickly I should be able to start working on them again which is great. I just have to get my rack into squat position sorted so I'm going to practice plenty of reps with less than 100lb. I still feel that my elbows could come around a lot faster but it's really hard to make them do so. I also have to work on not letting my feet go too wide on the jump; that has improved.

thanks for stopping in Lol.

I am very glad to hear confidence in the arm.  Can't wait until you're back into the full swing!

Haven't had the gumption to try a 250 clean again.  I don't think I will for a few weeks and it definitely won't be in a public gym!  the embarassment still stings!  

the most I managed before standing up to wheeze was 12 clean + presses w/ the 190 load.  I was pretty happy about it too.  A neighbor (w/ whom I am in a heated tomato and pepper competition) was watching from his backyard.  He came over and had a cup of coffee w/ me on the patio.  The old boy is 78 years old and interested in strength training.  I thought that was cool.

I was thinking about your having noticed my tendency to roll the bar towards my shins before beginning a rep.  Did that every single rep.  Probably, I should stop doing that on cleans if I hope to break the habit on deads.

Tot mentioned you have a squat video floating around?  I must have missed that in your log.  Where's it hiding?

edit- also, before I started 5x5 work, I'd mentioned that I hoped to catch up to my buddy's strength levels. well, that's not going to happen. he sent me an update today. at a bw of 215, his numbers are currently: Bench: 360 Squat 380 Dead lift 480. ...so I am now hoping to catch his squat and deadlift.
mad.gif

Hats off to you ff!  Cleans and presses for 15 reps in the sun isn't quite right!  And 2 sets!
smile.gif
  Hey,  those homemade bumpers are pretty neat.  Ok I can see this..... I'm cruisin' on a hot 85 degree sunny afternoon in Kansas and in this front yard I see this BIG DUDE in a VINTAGE Paul Pierce Jayhawk jersey  cleaning and pressing a bar with 2 tires and 4 plates(45's) on it.  I say to myself &quot;now that's one bad mother @#$%^&amp;!&quot;  I like it......alot!!
cool.gif

^ never happen in the front yard or w/ four plates.  but definitely w/ the jersey!  
laugh.gif

edit - mebbe 4 plates (2 on each side)

<div>
(fearfactory @ Jun. 26 2008,2:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Tot mentioned you have a squat video floating around?  I must have missed that in your log.  Where's it hiding?</div>
Oh yeah, that was ages ago (well, about a year ago) and was really just an experiment with my stills camera. It was pre-rack and pre-low-bar technique! Here's the post:

110kg squat

<div>
(Lol @ Jun. 26 2008,8:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Oh yeah, that was ages ago (well, about a year ago) and was really just an experiment with my stills camera. It was pre-rack and pre-low-bar technique! Here's the post:

110kg squat</div>
Thank you. I've been looking for that one.

You oughta post it on the video forum.

Squats
2x15x270

Bench
2x15x200

Bent Rows
2x15x195

15 pullups
Incline Situps 2x15xbw+10

squat form left a lot to be desired today. I really thought the 2nd set would be improved, but it was worse. just uploaded them, might be a few mins for them to process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDJpEm1ypXQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX3kTTJ-3Gc

edit -
Q - FF, why did you change your shirt?

A- I left my bike @ my dad's shop last night and was preparing to walk over and retreive before the sun could scorch my baby. changed out of the shirt I slept in. my intention was to do the 2nd set when I got back. but...I really thought I could do better and so did the 2nd set after ~ 5 mins rest. dumb thinking on my part.

Back