gbglifters bulk-log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by gbglifter, Aug 5, 2013.

1. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Ive been eating like a pig all weekend. Burgers, fries, cake, candy, whatever the feck I want. Im feeling really full now in my muscles but weighed myself today expecting to have gone up a kg or so: 79.6kg. Ive lost weight after the weekend. WTF!

Squats: 80kgx8+9+7
    RDL: 60kgx12. 80kgx10. 100kgx4+3
    Seated calf: 40kgx15+15

I had to share squat station today so did 3 full sets instead of the myoreps. Took me ages to do 3 sets. Myoreps/clusters are much better IMO.

2. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Chins: wu, bw+30kgx5+1+1+1+1. The singles were paused distictly at the top. 30 secs in between reps.
    BP: wu, 80kgx9+5+4+3 3 sec pause just above chest. 30secs between sets.
    BTN: 70kgx9, 50kgx12
    Pendlay: 60kgx15
    CG: 60kgx8+5+4+3. 3 sec pause just above chest. 30 secs between sets.
    Some bicep crap.

Im now eating more, roughly 2300kcals, which is between 7 and 800 more than last week. I managed more reps per sets on almost all exercises. Ive lost that flat look I had at times when I was cutting. I even started taking creatine yesterday. Ill start to increase weights slightly over the next couple of weeks and see if I can retain rep-count at the same time. Ill probably take an SD after 2 weeks or so, then start off again doing 12`s then 8`s and 5`s as per usual. My target weight is 85kg to begin with then Ill reevaluate. I need to keep working on my cardio regularly as that usually suffers a lot with the extra weight and calories. My lap times increase as my waist does!

3. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Yesterday:
    Squats: 90kgx4+3+3
    RDL: 70kgx10+10
    Calf: 85x10+10

Today
    80.4kg

BP: 85kgx5+3+3 3sec pause
    BTN: 75kgx6+3+3
    Rubish: 75kgx11. 80kgx8. 90kgx5
    Dips: bw+40kgx8+7
    Pullups, cable flies and bicurls.

4. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Ive just recently stopped using snus(tobacco) and are reaping the benifits in my training. I managed to increase a good few weights since last week.

81.6kg

Chins: bw+30kgx5+1+2+2
    BP: 87.5kgx5+4+2 3 sec pause
    BTN: 77.5kgx5+3+2
    Pendlay: 70kgx15

Then some metabolic stuff, then skipping, burpees, pressups with clap etc etc

My energy levels are through the roof. I lowered my 5km cross country time by 35seconds from one week to the next just by omitting nocotine.

5. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Restarted after SD on monday. Not going to log that often though.

Doing 12s now then 8s. Will be extending 8s for squats as the 5s tend to cause poor form eventually.

6. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

My left knee had been giving me some grief lately. I am now doing front squats instead with light extensions for wrm ups. Skipping RDLs due to them mot being any good for my back.

Front squats: 60kgx12+12+12
    BB calfraise: 90kgx15+15+10
    Legpress: 90 degrees 200lbx20+20

7. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

84kg

Chins: bw+20kgx8+6+4
    BP: 80kgx8+5 3sec. Then 80kgx10 normal reps.
    BTN: 70kgx10+7+7
    CG: 75kgx10+8+7
    Horiz rowsx11+9

Did some meta work for pecs, biceps and lats/upper back.

I over ate last week. Should be closer to 83kg at this stage of the bulk so Ill cut back a bit so Im at 83ish next week.

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

BTN = strict or push?

Wide or narrow?

9. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

It is slightly pushy TBH,but not too much. I place pinkies on the "guides" on the bar so its fairly narrow.

10. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Front squat: 70kgx8+7+6
    Standing calf BB: 110kgx15+12+10
    Legpress: 240lgx18+18
    Legext rehab for knees
    Ab/cable pulldown.

11. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Was at naprapat yesterday and he seems to think I have a build up in my left hip. Much less mobility. Re my back: he just thought the muscles needed a bit of help to loosen up. Ive to stop stretching groins and hips. I need to work abs even more due to me being stronger in the rear. Also, squats no lower than parallel and only partial leg presses due to minisk problems.

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Knee issues suck.

Something I've found that has been very good for me since my injury is using machine presses such as stack-loaded, hack squat apparatus and especially lying-down press/squat movements. Just removing a significant portion of the sheer stress from the knee. The 'dead' design of the lift (no stretch reflex) also enables the load to inherently inhibit loads that the joint can't handle.

I think from your description that your back and hips are probably fine, but dial down the 'mobility' work.

In terms of back exercises; pulldowns are great for spine stability work when done correctly. Neutral spine rack pulls likewise. Unweighted hypers using the erectors in dynamic fashion. Potentially take a break from rows; they hold the posterior chain in a flexed position for an extended period (relative to normal etc).

I would 100% remove leg extensions if you're having meniscus concerns.

13. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Thanks for the advice.

Ive been doing stack loaded presses now for the same reason you mentioned. He wants me to do partials for those fpr the time being.

Ive been skipping bent over rows/pendlays due to them straining area of concern. Ive been doing bw horizontal rows instead and they feel much better but may skip them completely for the reason you mentioned.

I dont want ti forsake this cycle but there night not be a next cycle if my back and knees keep giving me "jipp" (scottish word fir grief).

Proposed lower:

Partial hacks
    Partial legpress stackloaded
    Seated calfpress

Upper:

Chins
    BP
    CGBP
    Vertical rows/light highrep.

14. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Yesterday:

Chins: bw+25kgx8+4+4
    BP: 85kgx7+5 3sec pause. Then 8xnormal reps
    CGBP: 80kgx8+6+5
    Horizontal rows: bwx13

Then some vertical rows and loads of ab-work: plank, pelvic lifts, crunches and ab pulldowns. Doms in abs today properly.

15. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

BW=84kg

Chins: bw+30kgx5+1+1+1+1+1 myoreps.
    BP: 100kgx8+8+6
    CG: 85kgx6+5
    BTN: 40kgx15+13 strict
    Horiz rows: 14+9

Then some metabolic stuff, careful hyperextensions and some serious ab-work.

16. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Chins: 32,5kgx5+5 myoreps
    BP: 105kgx7+5+3
    CG: 90kgx6+5+3
    BTN: 40kgx16+13 strict

Then metabolic rows amd chest. With moderate ab-work to round it off.

17. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

What do you do for abs?

18. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

I do first one set of crunches to failure then pelvic lifts to failure then ab pulldowns in the cable machine followed by as long as I can plank which is usually 2mins after the previous sets.

19. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Chins: bw+35kgx5+(5myoreps)
    BP: 110kgx6+(4)
    CG: 95kgx5+(4)
    Legpress partials: 240lbx64
    Uprights, chest and biceps.
    Ab-work.

20. gbglifter

gbglifter Member

Chins: bw+40kgx5 bw pullsx10
    BP: 115kgx4+1 80kgx14
    CG: 100khx4+4 60kgx13
    Partial legpress: 260lbx60+60

Then uprights, abs, obliques, cable flies, biceps.

This was a fasted workout.

BW=83.5kg