how big is everyone?

Hey guys ~ I'm new here. My name is Conway, and this is my little biceps flex shot.  I'm 57, 6 feet tall, 175 lbs., and I'm partially disabled with NON-wheelchair Muscular Dystrophy. My little muscle isn't the great steel baseball I'd like it to be (yet!) but I'm really proud of it because it's so much bigger and harder than it's ever been in my life.
I hope to learn much from you folks.
Take care ~ Conway...

OMG some of you guys are heee-uge!
I'm 35, a stumpy 5'9, 182 lbs with bf somewhere in the 20% area (looks down at beergut). This is my second cycle after a long layoff for various reasons. I have put on 10lbs of muscle during these two cycles and my upper arms are now 16 inches for the first time.
Jazzer  :)

6ft 2", 295 lbs, bf 30% (obese going by the standard definition), built like a powerlifter, carry fat well (if there is such a thing) or I'm just deluding myself.

I have been training since August of 2005. I am 6'2" and weighed 170 in August. I now weigh 180 lbs. I started my bench press sets at 150 lbs. Three months later I'm now doing my 2 sets at 205 for about 6-7 reps. I'm pretty excited about this, as I am 56 years old.
I want to gain at least 10 more pounds, but it is a real struggle for me... classic lanky, slow-gainer I guess....I'm a basketball-tennis guy in my younger days...
Brian in RI

Just started on 1st HST cycle at 40 years of age after a 20 year break from training!

5'10", started cycle on 7/11/05 with bw at 175 lbs @ ~10% bf
I'm doing a m/w/f routine.

It's now 30/11/05 and I have almost reached 190 lbs with seemingly very little extra bf. I am pleased to say the least! :D

Have a bit of a cold at the moment so don't feel like eating as much
sad.gif

I've been lifting for 16 years and this is all I've got. I just did my first 2 cycles of HST 1) two weeks of 8, 6, 4 each then 2 weeks of 4 at my max then 1 week SD (it killed me not to lift for a week). 2) two weeks of 8, 6, 4 each.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Jer

I know it's been a while since the last post, but I guess since it is a sticky, its ok.  This is me as of Dec 14.  I'm 5'10", about 200 lbs @ ~11% BF.  I haven't decided how much bigger I want to get, but I have decided to try HST to accomplish it.  I do wonder, when is enough enough?

Currently 197 @ 5'9" Just turned 45.
BF about 16% (using cheap electronic device)
Only measurement is arms- 18"
Will be starting my first HST cycle Feb 20, 2006. Already have all my max's done, but need to get more measurements before SD.
I trained for many many years, but took off most of the last 14 to start & grow a business. Now having sold it & with plenty of time on my hands, started back in the gym last May (05). I've used up all my muscle memory & hit a plateau about 2 months ago.
Found HST in a google search for "hypertrophy".
Love this site & all the knowledge it presents.
Looking forward to my first cycle soon.
Omega
PS. In my 20's, a milestone was 18" arms. Is that still so today or is it up to 19" or better (i.e. did it go up like gas prices over the years)?

I think 18 is still big! I have been chasing 18's for a while now. At 17.5, it is kind of discouraging that I'm so close, but it just isn't happening.

I'm 5ft 10 188lbs...don't know my body fat. I will be 23 next month and I am going to be starting HST next Monday after I finish my last week of my old 3 day split routine.

I'm 5'11 207. Not really sure on bodyfat but I do know it's below 16%(that what it was a while back and I am a little leaner now, 20 lbs lighter). First time I ever took some measurements but here they go:

15.5 biceps
wasn't sure where to measure the gut or waist. Around the beergut is 40 inches and waist is 36.
47 inch chest
25 inch quads

Starting my first cycle in about 10 days or so. Glad I found this place. :)

Keystone

21 years old, 5'11 190lbs, 10-11% bodyfat last time I checked around 6 months ago, although that was about 10lbs lighter. Trying to hit and maintain 200lbs in 3 months.

Max, you're definitely under 14. At least 10%, I'd say, if not a bit lower. You can see all six of your abs, they are just kind of blurry. If you dropped five pounds or so, I bet you'd have a proper six pack. Not that I would recommend cutting at this point. You've got a good base to build on. A few cycles on an excess of calories and you should be able to get up to 180-190 easy, without much fat gain.

Back