J-Reps results?

I found this site because I was tired of all the BS marketing and wanted real information with real science behind it. I live in the city that produced Ken Lay, who was hailed as a great guy until the truth came out and lots of people lost their jobs, their retirement, etc. When it comes to people who have a vested interest they came put up a good front at times, but I don't trust them.

I'm not buying...as someone noted on the old thread that Dan referred to, there have always been people coming along and claiming to have the latest and greatest new method or course. This kind of secrecy and threats of lawsuits reminds me of multi-level marketing and similar scams.

If there is no science in J-Reps, and no results that can be peer-reviewed and tested openly there is nothing to discuss, and this whole thread is a waste of time.

<div>
(AShortt @ Aug. 05 2006,09:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Aaron_F @ Aug. 05 2006,04:38)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No, I said a range would be fine, which is a complete and utterly different thing than saying that gaining more is detrimental long term, which is absolutely garbage.</div>
Garbage ay!? How scientific...are you saying that higher than 14% would be better?

Why does everyone want to be so chubby around here? I know that sounds like a totally loaded jab but I am serious. Don't you folks want to look fit, see cuts, abs etc? Sure sounds like &quot;sick of small guy syndrome&quot; to me.

Smells like a bunch of really good targets for supplement sales.

Regards,
Andrew
www.zone-training.net</div>
I would hardly call most of the guys here 'fat' or sickly, weak guy syndromes. Remember that bulking to gain muscle is temporary....one can easily cut off the fat in a few months to reveal all the muscle that has been added and many guys here even compete in bodybuilding competitions with ripped physiques. And no we are not really as a whole deeply into wacky supplements. This site is about the actual science of hypertrophy, and I Mean REAL SCIENCE BY UNBIASED SCIENTISTS IN REAL LABORATORIES. You sound like a typical personal trainer who is caught up in his own training philosophy and personal training goals. If you and your clients just want to add a little muscle and look really fit using your &quot;zone-training&quot;, nobody here has a problem with that, just keep it to your own forum, most guys around here are into building more serious muscles using the known scientific theories of hypertrophy that have been discovered in the lab in the last 50 years....by the way none of these theories of muscular hypertrophy are &quot;secrets&quot;, many have been available in scientific and sports medicine publications for decades. Nobody is patenting the facts of 'progressive load' 'training stimulus frequency' 'recovery' etc. If you think J-reps or zone-training is the way to go, then stick to your own website and stop bashing the forum member's ideas here.

<div>
(AShortt @ Aug. 05 2006,09:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Aaron_F @ Aug. 05 2006,04:38)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No, I said a range would be fine, which is a complete and utterly different thing than saying that gaining more is detrimental long term, which is absolutely garbage.</div>
Garbage ay!? How scientific...are you saying that higher than 14% would be better?

Why does everyone want to be so chubby around here? I know that sounds like a totally loaded jab but I am serious. Don't you folks want to look fit, see cuts, abs etc? Sure sounds like &quot;sick of small guy syndrome&quot; to me.

Regards,
Andrew
Anthony, looking how you look, you're not really allowed to criticize anybody's desires when it comes to physical qualities :\

biggrin.gif

Yeah, I just saw your picture on your website...

I decided to edit what I wrote earlier...I don't want to insult anyone.

I'll just leave it at that.
wink.gif

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Aug. 05 2006,15:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I just saw your picture on your website...

I decided to edit what I wrote earlier...I don't want to insult anyone.

I'll just leave it at that.
wink.gif
</div>
BDJ is pretty ripped imho, but I don't think Ashortt can play the physique card.

I dunno, maybe he finds it difficult to gain weight or maybe he doesn't like big muscles (there ARE guys like that). That at least would explain being adverse to getting &quot;fat&quot; first then cutting down.

But yeh, just going by that pic I think I'll stay away from J-Reps.

<div>
(monkeyarms @ Aug. 05 2006,10:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Four pages and no description of what a Jrep is and how it's done.

So what is it and how can I do one?

And please, I'm not asking for a rant on how great it is or what it is not.</div>
There is a short 60 second vid demonstrating the basics in the ariticles section.

Regards,
Andrew
zone-training.net

Any of you posers want to insult my pictures fine I compare my gains to my gains. Put up a pic of yoursefl in the same pose or keep your wussy comments to yourself.

Regards,
Andrew
ww.zone-training.net

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Aug. 05 2006,14:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>

Regards,
Andrew
I would hardly call most of the guys here 'fat' or sickly, weak guy syndromes. Remember that bulking to gain muscle is temporary....one can easily cut off the fat in a few months to reveal all the muscle that has been added and many guys here even compete in bodybuilding competitions with ripped physiques. And no we are not really as a whole deeply into wacky supplements. This site is about the actual science of hypertrophy, and I Mean REAL SCIENCE BY UNBIASED SCIENTISTS IN REAL LABORATORIES. You sound like a typical personal trainer who is caught up in his own training philosophy and personal training goals. If you and your clients just want to add a little muscle and look really fit using your &quot;zone-training&quot;, nobody here has a problem with that, just keep it to your own forum, most guys around here are into building more serious muscles using the known scientific theories of hypertrophy that have been discovered in the lab in the last 50 years....by the way none of these theories of muscular hypertrophy are &quot;secrets&quot;, many have been available in scientific and sports medicine publications for decades. Nobody is patenting the facts of 'progressive load' 'training stimulus frequency' 'recovery' etc. If you think J-reps or zone-training is the way to go, then stick to your own website and stop bashing the forum member's ideas here.</div>
Nonsense, none of the available 'science' offers any decent method to build muscle. The ones that do all contradict each other i.e. multiple vs. single sets, to failure NTF etc.

Regards,
Andrew
www.zone-training.net

<div>
(AShortt @ Aug. 05 2006,17:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Any of you posers want to insult my pictures fine I compare my gains to my gains. Put up a pic of yoursefl in the same pose or keep your wussy comments to yourself.

Regards,
Andrew
ww.zone-training.net</div>
bowflexdcy5.jpg

<div>
(AShortt @ Aug. 05 2006,17:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(scientific muscle @ Aug. 05 2006,14:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>

Regards,
Andrew
I would hardly call most of the guys here 'fat' or sickly, weak guy syndromes. Remember that bulking to gain muscle is temporary....one can easily cut off the fat in a few months to reveal all the muscle that has been added and many guys here even compete in bodybuilding competitions with ripped physiques. And no we are not really as a whole deeply into wacky supplements. This site is about the actual science of hypertrophy, and I Mean REAL SCIENCE BY UNBIASED SCIENTISTS IN REAL LABORATORIES. You sound like a typical personal trainer who is caught up in his own training philosophy and personal training goals. If you and your clients just want to add a little muscle and look really fit using your &quot;zone-training&quot;, nobody here has a problem with that, just keep it to your own forum, most guys around here are into building more serious muscles using the known scientific theories of hypertrophy that have been discovered in the lab in the last 50 years....by the way none of these theories of muscular hypertrophy are &quot;secrets&quot;, many have been available in scientific and sports medicine publications for decades. Nobody is patenting the facts of 'progressive load' 'training stimulus frequency' 'recovery' etc. If you think J-reps or zone-training is the way to go, then stick to your own website and stop bashing the forum member's ideas here.</div>
Nonsense, none of the available 'science' offers any decent method to build muscle. The ones that do all contradict each other i.e. multiple vs. single sets, to failure NTF etc.

Regards,
Andrew
The science of hypertrophy CAN be used to construct internally consistent models which explain the data that's out there.

Those models themselves aren't going to be METHODS which you can take away with you and grow muscles. But, by understanding how/why muscles grow using research as a guide, useful methods can be constructed.

E.g. The method touted at the very site you're posting at.

<div>
(AShortt @ Aug. 05 2006,17:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Any of you posers want to insult my pictures fine I compare my gains to my gains. Put up a pic of yoursefl in the same pose or keep your wussy comments to yourself.

Regards,
Andrew
I believe YOU are the one who started that crap. Or was I hallucinating when I read your post calling all of us smooth fatties, etc etc.
If you really want to start this whole 'comparing physiques' junk, then I saved a few pics from last year when I was bulking and actually was fairly smooth. I don't think we really need to go there though.

But... I really think if you allowed yourself to bulk up to a slightly higher bodyfat percentage than you normally do, then you would be much larger right now. Seriously. Cutting down after a bulk is nowhere near as difficult as you seem to think. If you tried it sometime, I think you would find that you agree.

<div>
(mikeynov @ Aug. 05 2006,18:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>

Regards,
Andrew
bowflexdcy5.jpg
</div>
32_muscle_1.jpg

Gained 10 lb.s in 3 months of max-stim with no change in waist size.
Keep in mind I am just a beginner here, most gys are much bigger.

Vs. Ashortt training 8 months with j-reps for his pic.

<div>
(AShortt @ Aug. 06 2006,03:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Garbage ay!? How scientific...are you saying that higher than 14% would be better?</div>
you are either being obstinate or just plain idiotic.

Where in my post did I say being &gt;14% would be detrimental to be over this level.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Why does everyone want to be so chubby around here? I know that sounds like a totally loaded jab but I am serious. Don't you folks want to look fit, see cuts, abs etc? Sure sounds like &quot;sick of small guy syndrome&quot; to me. </div>

Why does every HIT tard or IART fool state that their lack of gains is due to poor genetics?
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
Smells like a bunch of really good targets for supplement sales.</div>
who sells supplements here?

But then, who is spamming with their link under their name every post

<div>
(mikeynov @ Aug. 06 2006,08:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anthony, looking how you look, you're not really allowed to criticize anybody's desires when it comes to physical qualities :\</div>
hahahahhahahahahahahhaha

mad.gif

<div>
(AShortt @ Aug. 06 2006,11:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Any of you posers want to insult my pictures fine I compare my gains to my gains. Put up a pic of yoursefl in the same pose or keep your wussy comments to yourself.

Regards,
Andrew
awww, poor baby.

<div>
(mikeynov @ Aug. 06 2006,12:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The science of hypertrophy CAN be used to construct internally consistent models which explain the data that's out there.</div>
shush,

that would imply one would have to have the ability to critically analyse research into a cohesive mass.

<div>
(monkeyarms @ Aug. 05 2006,18:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(mikeynov @ Aug. 05 2006,15:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>

Regards,
Andrew
bowflexdcy5.jpg
</div>
img-l1-05054000005.jpg

Limousine%20Black%20Kettle.jpg

</div>
Random fact - the above stalker has now taken old pictures of me to three different boards. I suspect I offended him at some point in life.

Posting old pictures (2+ years) is fun. Here's another one (this is after 6 months of lifting at ~19 years old. I had already gained ~5 lbs of muscle by virtue of picking up heavy objects):

mikelicensexq0.jpg

After (July 2006):

untitled8ke6.jpg

untitled5jx8.jpg

Anthony was the one playing the physique card. Nobody here claimed to be superman.

My only point was that Anthony criticizing people for getting 'smooth' when he looked like he did rang rather hollow.

In my case, I've added ~40 lbs of muscle to my frame since being an adult (133 - 182 on the same scale from 18.5 years age to 26.5 years age). And I was never a 'bodybuilder,' I just trained for strength and ate generally well. HST shaped my philosophy in many ways and that program is responsible for some of my gains.

More recently, I've been powerlifting (and had my first competition in April).

I'm curious to see if my stalker will post similar pictures? :p

Back