J-Reps results?

<div>
(mikeynov @ Aug. 05 2006,18:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Random fact - the above stalker has now taken old pictures of me to three different boards. I suspect I offended him at some point in life.</div>
Whoa, hold on there, I'm not your stalker.
laugh.gif

I'm just having some fun, reposting from that T-nation thread. The professor-x version killed me.

<div>
(monkeyarms @ Aug. 05 2006,21:38)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(mikeynov @ Aug. 05 2006,18:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Random fact - the above stalker has now taken old pictures of me to three different boards. I suspect I offended him at some point in life.</div>
Whoa, hold on there, I'm not your stalker.
laugh.gif

I'm just having some fun, reposting from that T-nation thread. The professor-x version killed me.</div>
'monkeyarms'

'jimmylegs'

It's you :p

<div>
(mikeynov @ Aug. 05 2006,18:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">'monkeyarms'

'jimmylegs'

It's you :p</div>
Crap, that is kinda weird. Proving you're not a gay, stalker is hard.
laugh.gif

On a more serious note, I can't post pictures of myself because I'm extremely hairy, and the pictures would spread around the internet faster than if I wore only a fig leaf.

I don't see how that is the pot calling the kettle black. Mikey has noticeably more mass in his pecs and lats in those pictures. Delts looks marginally better as well. AShortt does seem to have decent arms though.

<div>
(monkeyarms @ Aug. 05 2006,21:38)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...reposting from that T-nation thread...</div>
So basically, you are admitting that you go to t-nation regularly. And just when I thought you might be cool, you come out with this.
sad.gif

<div>
(Totentanz @ Aug. 05 2006,22:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't see how that is the pot calling the kettle black. Mikey has noticeably more mass in his pecs and lats in those pictures. Delts looks marginally better as well. AShortt does seem to have decent arms though.</div>
+upper traps! And just imagine the possibilities after j-reps!

I'm not saying Ashortt has a crap physique or anything, mind you.

Some people aren't as genetically advantaged (I come to mind), and he's obviously built some muscle on his frame. As you said, decent arms in particular.

It's just that Anthony lecturing people on their physiques, asking why they'd want to be 'smooth' (he's a little smooth himself, even at low bodyfat) and that they have small man syndrome etc is pretty ridiculous.

I don't make those kinds of comments to others because I know I'm not that massive/ripped of a person.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Aug. 05 2006,19:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(monkeyarms @ Aug. 05 2006,21:38)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">...reposting from that T-nation thread...</div>
So basically, you are admitting that you go to t-nation regularly. And just when I thought you might be cool, you come out with this.
sad.gif
</div>
It's like a trainwreck that you can't help looking at.

If it weren't for the articles and posts by Eric Cressey and Mike Robertson, I wouldn't go there at all. The rest is just entertainment.

Lol, well at least we are having some fun now, I hate threads that kick around insults but never turn into a true broo-haha. It’s like a pushing match in a bar verse a real bar brawl. I prefer a brawl.

Pics don’t do anything justice and you can’t compare directly. **In fact it is my arms that are my weakest body part. That shot just shrinks the chest because it flattens as you flex like that without coming forward and down for a true ‘most muscular pose’. As well my back is hidden and not flexed at all. The pic covers up my weak arms , which is what you would expect from me being willing to post pics on the net with very average genetics.

The issue is; I like most am a hardgainer and thoroughly enjoy a method that makes a difference. And for the umpteenth time I have bulked up big time and carefully cut back down, it doesn’t work and isn’t needed. You cannot judge my opinion just by my pics. I am clearly in shape and 99% of you won’t post pics anyway. As size goes I look far bigger at 15% but I don’t want to look big I want to look fit.

Regards,
Andrew
www.zone-training.net

<div>
(AShortt @ Aug. 06 2006,11:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Lol, well at least we are having some fun now, I hate threads that kick around insults but never turn into a true broo-haha. It’s like a pushing match in a bar verse a real bar brawl. I prefer a brawl.

Pics don’t do anything justice and you can’t compare directly. **In fact it is my arms that are my weakest body part. That shot just shrinks the chest because it flattens as you flex like that without coming forward and down for a true ‘most muscular pose’. As well my back is hidden and not flexed at all. The pic covers up my weak arms , which is what you would expect from me being willing to post pics on the net with very average genetics.

The issue is; I like most am a hardgainer and thoroughly enjoy a method that makes a difference. And for the umpteenth time I have bulked up big time and carefully cut back down, it doesn’t work and isn’t needed. You cannot judge my opinion just by my pics. I am clearly in shape and 99% of you won’t post pics anyway. As size goes I look far bigger at 15% but I don’t want to look big I want to look fit.

Regards,
Andrew
www.zone-training.net</div>
Bear in mind nobody ever said 'jreps don't work' or whatever.

In fact, I still think it's an interesting idea, and I like the thinking outside of the box in terms of altering exercise performance to optimize what we're after (i.e. why do we HAVE to perform reps in the traditional way if hypertrophy is our goal? that line of thinking).

We're just being jerks, I think, because we've had bad experiences in the past with IART/BDJ.

I like the J-rep thing, but must admit getting hurt doing 3 third portions in peck decks, but then again peck decks is a crappy exercise maybe that is why!

However i have used them for bench and quite a few other exercises and it felt good, I still use the technique for certain things.

Don't quite see the point of you guys flustering each other!

One thing I can say though, HST provides all we need...for free...the results are quite amazing as per the results thread...speaks for itself...then we don't threaten anyone for &quot;stealing our ideas&quot; with legal action...to me that is teh idea that is a winner.

And...besides...many of theguys get hold of the J-reps e-book anyway...they just don't spread it around as they are obviously not into getting sued!
laugh.gif

<div>
(AShortt @ Aug. 06 2006,16:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It’s like a pushing match in a bar verse a real bar brawl. I prefer a brawl.</div>
In a bar...I prefer a drink
biggrin.gif

Actually I respect the fact that you posted your pics Andrew, I am not exactly that muscular either, but I post my pics as progress anyway, partly to inspire people who may be hardgainers, it can be discouraging to only see pics of huge, muscular guys, when you are just a beginner weighing 140 lb.s or something.

The reason we all started razzing you, is you came to our forum with a know-it-all degrading attitude towards our methods. I think j-reps can work probably, and gaining weight slowly without putting on fat can work. I also think that HST works and gaining muscle by bulking up and simultaneously putting on some fat definitely works also. Just be more open-minded, all the bodybuilding methods that work are based on the same principles...the main one being progressive muscular load, it is impossible to grow without that one.

<div>
(mikeynov @ Aug. 06 2006,14:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Bear in mind nobody ever said 'jreps don't work' or whatever.

In fact, I still think it's an interesting idea, and I like the thinking outside of the box in terms of altering exercise performance to optimize what we're after (i.e. why do we HAVE to perform reps in the traditional way if hypertrophy is our goal? that line of thinking).

We're just being jerks, I think, because we've had bad experiences in the past with IART/BDJ.</div>
Johnston is curt and it is his baby so he isn’t much inclined to see it kicked around. I say why not try it mixed with HST protocol.

To much is read into Johnstons posts, when he says things like ignorant he means the actual meaning of the word. He doesn't sugar coat anything he is ...well dry I guess you could say. That tends to come off very pompous on chat boards I suppose.

Regards,
Andrew

<div>
(Fausto @ Aug. 06 2006,15:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I like the J-rep thing, but must admit getting hurt doing 3 third portions in peck decks, but then again peck decks is a crappy exercise maybe that is why!

However i have used them for bench and quite a few other exercises and it felt good, I still use the technique for certain things.

Don't quite see the point of you guys flustering each other!

One thing I can say though, HST provides all we need...for free...the results are quite amazing as per the results thread...speaks for itself...then we don't threaten anyone for &quot;stealing our ideas&quot; with legal action...to me that is teh idea that is a winner.

And...besides...many of theguys get hold of the J-reps e-book anyway...they just don't spread it around as they are obviously not into getting sued!
laugh.gif
</div>
I would say you were going too heavy and/or too fats in the peck deck. As well you could have had a pre disposition to the injury that was taken over the line by that move.

HST and JReps are two different types of methods. They don't address the same issues, you cannot compare them.

You will never have all you need, exercise science is still in its infancy IMO.

Regards,
Andrew
www.zone-training.net

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Aug. 06 2006,15:22)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Actually I respect the fact that you posted your pics Andrew, I am not exactly that muscular either, but I post my pics as progress anyway, partly to inspire people who may be hardgainers, it can be discouraging to only see pics of huge, muscular guys, when you are just a beginner weighing 140 lb.s or something.

The reason we all started razzing you, is you came to our forum with a know-it-all degrading attitude towards our methods. I think j-reps can work probably, and gaining weight slowly without putting on fat can work. I also think that HST works and gaining muscle by bulking up and simultaneously putting on some fat definitely works also. Just be more open-minded, all the bodybuilding methods that work are based on the same principles...the main one being progressive muscular load, it is impossible to grow without that one.</div>
Where was I degrading towards your methods? You mean about the getting smooth thing?

Again, I said going up to about 15% bodyfat is ok but in my wide experience (I train people for a living) it isn't needed. Higher B.F. than that and you will lose most gains as you cut. You can get big and smooth then cut then back up all you want but if you start with standardized measurements and pics you will see no difference between that approach and staying fit all the way through.

I think people get caught up in enjoying getting big from the extra fat smoothed out over the whole body. When not making gains lean this getting bigger is emotionally satisfying. Then you cut down and lose size but look fit, you likely don’t stay lean for long as size is what you want. As well, I personally hold a bit more muscle at 15% as opposed to 10% so with the extra few pounds of muscle and fat looks like way more than it is. I don’t want the mind games though.

I personally do fluctuate a bit because the body responds better by not staying the same all the time but bulking as a specific concept is no help. I have tried it on myself and others, some tolerate higher bodyfat levels and others less. Investigate what happens when you store new levels of fat to see why I say it can be detrimental long term.

JReps is about how to perform reps and sets to more fully isolate and target (thus tax and stimulate) a muscle. It is part of the bigger picture not an all-encompassing method. It is very much open to be tailored to the individual as per the IART RX theory.

Regards,
Andrew www.zone-training.net

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I say why not try it mixed with HST protocol. </div>

Which is exactly what most of us do!

Some are rather tenacious, kinda like a bull-terrier, but that to me is wasteful.
laugh.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">JReps is about how to perform reps and sets to more fully isolate and target (thus tax and stimulate) a muscle. It is part of the bigger picture not an all-encompassing method. It is very much open to be tailored to the individual as per the IART RX theory.</div>

I like this approach Andrew
cool.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I would say you were going too heavy and/or too fats in the peck deck. As well you could have had a pre disposition to the injury that was taken over the line by that move.</div>

You're right, I was doing 100 Kg on my home machine and using about 70 or 80 Kgs for J-reps, its a bitch, my teres minor has been blown since then, this cycle I had to adjust the way I do bench and skipped mil presses, hope it goes away.

Anyway, I did nolt discard the whole J-rep thing, it can and will be useful, on the other hand I like being a &quot;lab rat&quot;
wink.gif
and trying out new things.

Thought I'd put in a better &quot;spin&quot; to this thread
biggrin.gif

Cheers

Back