lcars's training log.

i managed 3 sets of 10@350lb for squats a personal best and my left knee still feels fine(motorcycle accident),i was balls to the wall for those sets.squats have never been a favorite of mine,but now ive managed to progress i am liking then alittle more lol.

every time I read your log, I get more and more impressed w/ the volume of work that you manage. may I inquire as to your current bodyweight?

<div>
(fearfactory @ Jul. 21 2007,13:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">every time I read your log, I get more and more impressed w/ the volume of work that you manage.  may I inquire as to your current bodyweight?</div>
thanks,yeah my weight at the moment is 220lb@12%,im looking to get down to 10% at the same weight so i still got some gaining to do,and some losing
biggrin.gif

its becoming difficult to get any returns these days.having said that i reckon another year and ill have it down.

i always did high volume work in the past so it wasnt that difficult to go back to it.

my legs are fried and it feels great.really pushed hard on squats this week,i never liked em till now.

23/07

monday

chest

flat bench dumbell 3x10@120lb
incline bench dumbell 3x10@120lb
decline bench dumbell 3 x10@120lb

bi's

chins 3x10@220lb(bw)
hammers dumbell 3x10@50lb

i wouldnt say i was taking it easy on chest but did all the same weight as i wanted to keep it simple and strict.

trouble is after 120lb dumbells there is only one weight heavier and thats 140lb so i use these for 5's,as i couldnt do 10s at that weight.

this is another reason for leaving the gym im at now.
sad.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">trouble is after 120lb dumbells there is only one weight heavier and thats 140lb so i use these for 5's,as i couldnt do 10s at that weight.

this is another reason for leaving the gym im at now. </div>

I wish I had your problem... being too strong for the gym I workout at, lol. Keep up the hard liftin' man.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Jul. 23 2007,18:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Damn, you are a strong ox. Sets of 10 doing 400 lb. deadlifts is impressive. As are your other lifts.
cool.gif
</div>
W
O
W
laugh.gif

ok thanks guys,im begining to reach my peak now as far as strength goes,i dont see it going much higher and to behonest thats not the reason i train,its a good side effect though
biggrin.gif

well joe,i think coming from a high volume background,its always been difficult for me to &quot;swallow&quot; doing one set per bp and i was always adding other exercises into the mix.as i felt i needed the extra attention and the workouts became gruling.

once the gains began to slow from hst a standard split seemed like something i wanted to return to,but taking with me progressive load and high/low reps.as i felt these were one of the most important aspects of hst.

im gonna try hst again soon with some tweaks here and there,also i might give maxstim another go.i just needed to mix it up for a while and come back to hst with a fresh start and a plan.

wednesday

back

deads 3 sets of 10,7,5@400lb

rows dumbell 3 sets of 10@110lb

wide grip chins 3 sets of 10@220lb

tri's

cgb 3 sets 10@200lb

dumbell pull over/french press lying down
3 sets of 10@110lb

basically the same as last week,couldnt improve on last weeks lifts but was a good workout nonetheless.

a huge collared dove flew into the gym,and then straight into the window
sad.gif
.luckily it didnt break its neck.i managed to grab it and hoist it out of the gym and back onto a tree,where it sat in a dase,eventually flying off.that was my good deed for the day
biggrin.gif

<div>
(lcars @ Jul. 25 2007,14:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">a huge collared dove flew into the gym,and then straight into the window
sad.gif
.luckily it didnt break its neck.i managed to grab it and hoist it out of the gym and back onto a tree</div>
So you only did just the one set of dove lifts...?
rock.gif

Man, you went one way, and I'm going another. I remember a while back when we were about the same weight and all. I'm using your log for my motivation now - as soon as this job ends I'm getting back to HST and quit fooling around with stuff.
Wish I had some test!

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Jul. 25 2007,18:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(lcars @ Jul. 25 2007,14:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">a huge collared dove flew into the gym,and then straight into the window
sad.gif
.luckily it didnt break its neck.i managed to grab it and hoist it out of the gym and back onto a tree</div>
So you only did just the one set of dove lifts...?  
rock.gif
</div>
i couldnt manage anymore than that LOL.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 25 2007,22:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Man, you went one way, and I'm going another. I remember a while back when we were about the same weight and all. I'm using your log for my motivation now - as soon as this job ends I'm getting back to HST and quit fooling around with stuff.
Wish I had some test!</div>
im honoured to be motivation for such a seasoned vet lol.reading your posts you seem to be a busy guy,so i can fully appreciate what your saying,the motivation/need is there but the time and energy arent?

i just feel like im getting my act together lately,things are coming into place,finding out what works best.plus ive been training close to failure alot more than previous cycles.its increased my strength dramatically on some lifts.

ey i could never go on test again,for one i like my hair,which doesnt like dht very much,secondly i nearly wore the wife out completely lol.and thirdly i had to buy new clothes!

i wouldnt mind going on it when i retire,hrt perhaps.

feeling shot today,after the heavy stuff yesterday,i need a steady office job.

shifting 17tons of beer a day plus training= knuckle scraping neanderthal.

<div>
(lcars @ Jul. 26 2007,10:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">shifting 17tons of beer a day</div>
Maybe you should post this in the alcohol thermogenesis thread...
cool.gif

friday

shoulders

seated dumbells hammer style 3 sets of 10@100lb

military press type thingy barbell 3 sets@110lb

rear laterals/row hybrid 3 sets of 10@85lb

shrugs barbell 3 sets of 10@300lb

similar again to last week,dropped barbell shoulder press,my shoulders just cant take the weight at the moment,i want them to be ready for next cycle.

training hard now,pushing to failure,im sat at my pc shaking,an hour after my workout lol.

just legs to go tomorrow then we''ll see what the 5's bring.

ive hit pr's for 15s  and 10's on squats so far.same for deads,ive never lifted 400lb for 10.so i guess its all good.

Back