lcars's training log.

wink.gif

friday

legs

squats 3 sets of 10@330lb

legpress 3 sets 10@530lb

calves(on leg press machine)3 sets 15@420lb

had to lower the weight slightly on squats,my back was still tired from the heavy deads.

looking forward to going heavy next week,its just a petty my shoulders arent upto some heavy benching.
sad.gif

monday

hit the 5's today,boy whotta workout!

chest

flat bench dumbell 3 sets of 5@140lb(280lb total)

incline bench dumbell 3 sets of 5@140
assisted on the last rep.

decline bench 3 sets of 5@140lb
assisted on two reps.

bi's

3 sets of chins narrow grip just body weight(rep out,as i dont have a belt).

dumbell hammers 3 sets of 5@55lb.

done.

Icars -

Did I follow your program correctly (in that) you're hitting each muscle group once per week? I know Aaron asked something similar earlier in the thread - but after following the posts, it does seem that you're training each group once per week. Correct?

this is correct,ive recently gone back to a standard split(doing 1 bp per week)

ive found it to be very productive at the moment as far as strength gains go.i am using rep schemes and progressive load that are basic principles of hst,which is the key imo.

its allowing me to hit bp much harder now and concentrate more on that muscle group.

i will be going back to a more familiar hst workout soon,i needed to change gear for a while.
cool.gif

wednesday

back

deads 3 sets of 5@440lb

cables rows wide grip 3 sets of 5@240lb

wide grip chins 3 sets of 5@220lb nice and slow.

i was just over 220lbs@12% at the begining of the cycle.now im 230lbs@12% wt?

i dont know whether its the new routine or the fact that i came into the cycle carb depleted(on purpose).

although im supposed to be cutting i am eating alot
biggrin.gif

Impressive DB bench #'s ! And I agree that once a week per body part has it's place ( among higher frequency) once in a while to combat mental burnout and make larger strength gains that will contribute to growth a cycle down the road when higher frequency is resumed.Very impressive...
smile.gif

<div>
(RUSS @ Aug. 02 2007,12:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Impressive DB bench #'s ! And I agree that once a week per body part has it's place ( among higher frequency) once in a while to combat mental burnout and make larger strength gains that will contribute to growth a cycle down the road when higher frequency is resumed.Very impressive...
smile.gif
</div>
thanks,and exactly!

it really seems to be working,hitting it hard has upped some of my pr's but i think its given me some mass this time also.

and like you said it will give me a good boost when i resume high frequency.

as for bench,im not bad with db's at the mo but my shoulders just aint got it for bb.and i reckon i might have hit a pr otherwise, ah well maybe next time
smile.gif

friday

shoulders

seated dumbells hammer style 3 sets of 7@100lb v slow

military press barbell 3 sets of 5@220lb

rear laterals/row hybrid 3 sets of 5@90lb

shrugs barbell 3 sets of 5@330lb

feeling cooked, just got legs to do tomorrow,wanna push for a pr as im in the mood.

its time to hit the food l8rz.

saturday

legs

squats 3 sets of 5@355lb + 1 set@400lb pr

legpress 3 sets 5@770lb woohoo! best ever!

calves(on leg press machine)3 sets 15@420lb

feeling strong today hit pr's in both squats and legpress!

Many congrats on the 400lb squat PR, Lcars. Was that a single or a set of 5? I'm after just a single @ 400lb by the end of the year (which seems to be disappearing at a rate of knots).

I can't relate to the leg press in the same way but congrats for that PR too.

thanks lol.and yes it was a single rep,even if i had gone for the pr first before my other 3 sets i dont think id have managed two reps,i try to go fully parallel.

im just so hyped as ive been up and down for so long with squats,its nice to finally have some consistancy.

monday

chest

flat bench dumbell 3 sets of 8@140lb(280lb total)

incline bench dumbell 3 sets of 8@140

decline bench 3 sets of 6@140lb

bi's

3 sets of chins narrow grip just body weight(rep out,as i dont have a belt).330lb

dumbell curls 3 sets of 5@60lb

<div>
(lcars @ Aug. 07 2007,14:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">chest

flat bench dumbell 3 sets of 8@140lb(280lb total)

incline bench dumbell 3 sets of 8@140

decline bench 3 sets of 6@140lb</div>
Whoa! You're chest must be smokin'!

And you're gonna run out of heavy dumbbells before long. They don't make 'em a lot heavier than 140...
sad.gif

Back