My HST cycle.

OneMoreRep

i've been using a 6 scheudle fullbody both days just diff exercises...

i've been using 1 set of exercises this is sitill the 1st week of the 15s...

i don't feel the usual DOMS...

but i feel SLIGHTLY sore some of the time...

i suppose i don't notice it yet cuz the weights are still really light...

if i don't get sore you think this is a good or bad thing??
after all i am only using 1 set...

IMO it's not a good idea to do a full body routine 6 days a week. Your mucles grow on your off days and if are constantly tearing down muscle fiber you are not giving them time to be reapired, thus grow. If you wanna do a 6 day a week rotuine you should probably do divide your workout into two different routines...maybe push one day and pull the next.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]if i don't get sore you think this is a good or bad thing??
after all i am only using 1 set...

Usually the only time I care about DOMS is my first day after SD. Even then, I'm looking for a little bit, just so that I know I've matched my decondioned state to my starting load.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]IMO it's not a good idea to do a full body routine 6 days a week. Your mucles grow on your off days and if are constantly tearing down muscle fiber you are not giving them time to be reapired, thus grow.

Actually, you really do start growing as soon as you've completed your workout. Within a few hours after workout, the delta between protein synthesis and breakdown is well into the positive.

That being said, glycogen levels may not be optimal since you'd be training so often. Your apparent size gains won't really manifest until you take that day off and eat up.

cheers,
Jules

So i'm just about half way done my 1st week of 10s.

so far nothing is sore. not frying my CNS :)

i feel fuller. the weight feels suspisciously light.

the maxes i've uses might have been a little light... but they didn't seem that way originally..

n e ways. just a little update.

Rep, you can always adjust your weights mid cycle if you have underestimated your maxes. However, I would not bother unless your estimate is at least 5% low. Your body won't appreciably respond to that small a difference. :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vicious @ Dec. 22 2004,4:22)]That being said, glycogen levels may not be optimal since you'd be training so often. Your apparent size gains won't really manifest until you take that day off and eat up.
we have some people here gaining EXTRA
tounge.gif
ordinary mass training everyday full body routines...
well, if u are in this genetic FREAK
tounge.gif
group then try it..
but many of us would find it really hard to achieve it...
tell me, do u have deadlifts and/or squats in your routine if not you may do it... but if u have think about it... when u reach you r maxes in the fives would u be able to cuntiniue reping that amount of deads/squats EVERYDAY??!!
anyway as vicious had said it training everyday is NOT optimal for mass gains, however to cut you may take it in consideration ( by lowering the maxess though)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (salihyz @ Jan. 03 2005,7:28)]anyway as vicious had said it training everyday is NOT optimal for mass gains, however to cut you may take it in consideration ( by lowering the maxess though)
where did vicious say it was not optimal?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vicious @ Dec. 22 2004,4:22)]That being said, glycogen levels may not be optimal since you'd be training so often. Your apparent size gains won't really manifest until you take that day off and eat up.
here

you obviously have no clue what he was actually saying..

extremely frequent workouts lead to a depletion in muscle glycogen, even when taking in large quantities of dietary CHO. Its not until you have a day off depleting the glycogen and replete it, that you will actually see the 'true' gains.

vicious is NOT saying that training 6x weekly is not optimal

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Jan. 03 2005,5:45)]you obviously have no clue what he was actually saying..
extremely frequent workouts lead to a depletion in muscle glycogen, even when taking in large quantities of dietary CHO. Its not until you have a day off depleting the glycogen and replete it, that you will actually see the 'true' gains.
vicious is NOT saying that training 6x weekly is not optimal
im not sure i get what u are saying? could u clarify?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ Jan. 02 2005,5:13)]Rep, you can always adjust your weights mid cycle if you have underestimated your maxes. However, I would not bother unless your estimate is at least 5% low. Your body won't appreciably respond to that small a difference. :)
i think i'll leave the weights this way through. and take new maxes after i complete my negatives.

Full body training, especially higher reps is extremely glycogen depleting. Training day after day will deplete the muscle of glycogen, and water. This means that the muscle will appear smaller due to the reduction of these within its tissues. On the off day/s when you are eating high levels of carbs, that will enable repletion of glycogen stores, and water, giving a larger appearance to the muscle than when training.

Even massive intakes of carbs may not keep up with the depleting effects of the training (I have had people up to ~8g/kg per day, and still not keeping pace with the depletion,and this was only 3x weekly fullbody)

If you train 6x weekly, eat a LOT

interesting... maybe why bryan does 2x a day training rather then every day... ( i only do 1 set an exercise tho ..)

Hey Rep...just wondering how many sets you are going to do when you get to the 5's ?

1st week of the 5s and no problems! training is going really good..

the workouts are short and i don't mind daily training... i actually look forward to it.

my strength is really good i feel milllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllldly sore every now and then.

next cycle i might increase to 2 cycles of each workout..

for example...

suppose on odd days i do.

Squat,incline,chins,shoulder raises,triceps,biceps, abs

i'd go through the circuit once. and then again rather then hitting the muscle with 2 sets at once...

but anyways!

just thought i'd let y'all know.

How do you break up your weight progressions? Surely you don't make 12 steps of progression....? Do you double up - so sessions 1 and 2 have the same weights, sessions 3 and 4 the same and so on...?

Also, how are you finding the impact on your joints? I'm doing a 6 day upper-lower split for this cycle, and I'm tempted to try the 6 day full body routine.

Back