My HST cycle.

how much sleep are you getting? how much are you eating?

BTW i like short W/Os, great intensity.

(do you do legs on an alternate day?)

yea short workouts are great. you still got the energy you have from the first workout to the last.
i get 6 hours of sleep.
i've decided not to do chest and shoulders at the same day because of that
tounge.gif
i guess my body can't take it anymore. but what's weird is that i've done this before but the shoulder soreness never occurred. but now.. here it is.
tounge.gif

onemorerep - how's your 6x a week cycle going?
i'm starting my 5s tom. i'll see if i can take 5x a week of it. i hope i don't die.
laugh.gif

on this new cycle i start first day of 10s today.

looking forward to it!

6 hours of sleep is not TOO TOO bad.... might want to aim for around 7-8 tho.

i am starting to think next cycle i'll add a few more sets.

pump it up to three sets total... and/or maybe add some bent over rows and incline bench (if i feel the need) i'll prollly do it one at a time tho. i like to keep variables to a minimum from routine to routine...

Started the second week of 10s today.

everything is going pretty well!! weights are getting nice and heavy.. but still VERY managable. not getting the same pump as i was from the 15s but none the less i still feel fuller then usual.

Just finished the final week of 5s.

Everything is good, no problems.

i think i am going to just continue with 5s and increase the weight on each lift..

strength is REALLY good. especially on milatary press... i feel like i could easily increase 10 lbs on each lift next time no problem at all.

i just took measurements before my next cycle.

my legs grew quite a bit... and i didn't gain much weight...

gained probably like 5-6 lbs legs seem to be an inch bigger. which to me... doesn't seem right perhaps an off measurement???

(bodyfat only went up by maybe a % IF that, not alot at all.

everything else seems bigger, except arms which haven't grown much...

my new routine is the following,

SQUAT
DIPS
CHINS
MILATARY PRESS

all for 3 sets...

and in the evening a will perfrom a few sets of deadlifts.

i would like to note that i will be eating ALOT for this next cycle...

holler at me.

What's the frequency for the next cycle?

Also, do you do any isolation work during the 5s - like loaded stretches, burn sets etc...? Just curious.

Same freq. 6 days a week. nope i keep is the same all the way through... might add some arm stuff... as they don't seem to be responding as yet.

Some ideas:

1) Since you're going for 3 sets, you may want to experiment with true cluster training with increasing rest periods. Basically, during 10s, you switch to cluster minisets of 3-5 reps, starting out with very short rest periods (15-30 seconds) and shoot for 30 reps. During 5s, with cluster sets of 1-3 reps, you shoot for 15+ reps starting with 5-15 second rest periods. Increase rest periods significantly as fatigue builds. This is roughly based on Vince Gironda's rep matrix ideas, albeit it's a bit lower in the overall volume, and it's not that dissimilar to the 20-rep programs you may have seen in the past.

2) Add in the burn set during 5s.

3) During post-5s, work with strong range partials during chins and rows and keep increasing weight.

4) During post-5s, see if you can bump up the load one or two more times for dips and military press.

5) If still unsatifsfied with your arms, try adding in loaded stretches that targets the arms.

cheers,
Jules

Alright, well i finished my last cycle a week early as my lower back was bugging me. I've decided i want to cut it up now...

Will probably use the following schedule;

Squat 3 sets
Dips 3 sets
Chin ups 3 sets
Milatary press 3 sets

6 Days a week...

It's alright to use HST while cutting right? i'm not going to loose any MUSCLE, well... as little as possible?

I figure i'll just increase cardio and my reps goes from 15 - 10 - 5

so during the first week of 5's i'll do 10 minutes

1st week- 10 minutes
2nd week- 15 minutes
3rd week- 25 minutes
4th week- 30 minutes
5th week- 40 minutes
6th week- 45 minutes
7th week- undecided
8th week- undecided

( i don't usually do drop sets or 2 reppers but i might keep up the 5s until my strength gains stop )

My diet i'm unsure of right now...

I'm thinking it will be very very plain tho...

i plan to create the most of my calorie deficit through cardio this time around...

I might cycle carbs... Any tips? or ideas?

Also i want increase the progression weights...

i've been using 5 lbs for upper body and 10 for squat.. think i'll try 10 lbs for upper body and 15 lbs for lower body.

i up the weight everyother workout...

it's the same as the regular HST except i repeat each workout 2 times for example..

Monday's W/O is repeated on tuesday
Wednesday's on thursday ... etc...

Hey OMR, I'm wondering about your current routine--if you'd be good enough to update what you've been doing, I'd be curious to read about it.

Based in part on your experience, I've been thinking of 6-times-weekly training too, alternating two routines to keep things fresh and interesting. It might look something like this:

Workout A:
Squats
Bent-Over Rows
Dips
Military Presses
Standing calves or donkey calf raises

Workout B:
Deads
Pull-ups
Incline dumbbell bench
Lateral raises
Seated calf raises

Besides your arms, did you feel any other bodypart got overlooked or didn't receive adequate stimulation? I actually think this looks pretty comprehensive. Also, have you continued to be generally pleased with your results?

Back