My HST cycle.

Made any changes to your setup, or is it still Big Four x 2?

BTW, forgot to add . . . you may want to a light 15s set during your 5s/post-5s.  This helps give you a more "optimistic" guage of where your gains really are.

cheers,
Jules

During 5s, you may want to start hanging with the chins after your set.  Just before lockout.  Go 20-60 seconds or so.  Do this before your light set. During post-5s, consider switching to strong-range partials for chins in order to continue progressive loading. Both will help out in the arms department.

cheers,
Jules

No worries. Just go faster. If your strength is fading during any part of HST, just go with the partials for awhile. You'll get the same net effect with strain-induced hypertrophy.

Usually, I'd go with adding stretch-point movements to speed up arms growth. But for the sake of simplicity, you may want to add in some of the DC/fascia stretches targeted for the arms. Add these during 5s.

cheers,
Jules

onemroerep - having read that your gains are great... how much are you eating? i'm using activity factor 1.5 just to be sure i don't lack in nutrients.
tounge.gif

and another question, do you do drop sets on your 5s? isn't 5s done 6x a week HELL? i assume it is but i've never tried that before..

thanks in advance
worship.gif

i eat prolly 19 cal per lb BW a day...

my last cycle i did only 1 set each... the 5s were no problem at all actually..

not enuff volume i found tho... i'm doing 2 sets with less exercises this time around to see if there's a diff. ((i like it so far ==> short and so sweet) my next cycle i might up the volume aain to 3 just to see how it goes.)

Last cycle, after my 5s i did a few weeks of negs and kept up my 5 RM with squat since i couldn't do negs with that.

you'll find negs every day might be a bit tuff on the joints... dropping to every other day is prolly best for the negs...

When u first do 6 x a week u'll find ur self sore. but the pain fades and u'll be alright.

try it out and see how it works for you.

if u got n e more questions just ask, i'd be glad to help u out.

onemorerep - you said that negs everyday would be tough on the joints.. would it be okay if i alternate negs with my 5RM? Like i'll do negs MWF and 5RM on T, TH?
thanks again i appreciate it
thumbs-up.gif

I thought about doing that. i don't see why not?

it might work.

You could try it out and see how it works for you.

but if your joints get sore you might wanna drop the 5s.

:)

Little update, after the first 3-4 days i was pleasently sore from this routine.

i'm not sore at all now.

i'm thinking i might have to up it to 3 sets next time around.. or add something.

but then again i'm still in the 15s.

That pretty much parallels my 6x thru the 15s. The soreness lasted for the first 5 days, and then after stretching it was gone until the last workout/start of the 10s.

ok i'm doing 5x a week and i just finished my 5th day of my 10s. i got DOMS in my left shoulder and left bicep from the day before and therefore got a hard time finishing their second set. i've decided to do only 3x (or 4x) a week in my 5s because i might fry my CNS too much. :confused:

oh for now i don't do back workouts because something is wrong with my back. lol. it lacked stretching and therefore got too hard and it hurts. i got a massage but it's not yet fully healed.. my routine is..

in order:
dumbell press
inclined hammer curls
shoulder press <--got troubled here
lying tricep extension <--went ok but i can feel my shoulders working out

that's it :D i have no idea why i fried my CNS. maybe lack of sleep(?) right now, i feel my left shoulder still can't workout. i rested today and i'll resume tom.

Back