2 routines...

a different exercise for eahc muscle group

for example

routine A i use incline for chest
routine A i use chin ups for back
routine B i use Dips for chest
routine B i use Barbell Rows for back

2nd week of 5s still feeling good!

no oversue injutires of signs of CNS burn out!

i feel fuller tho.. and more dense.

i think im gonna do a few weeks of negs after the 5s..

well i havent measured yet im going to wait until the end of the cycle.

HOWEVER i can tell u the weight feels like it should be the 1st week of 5s.

The three keys to life:

Timing, timing, timing.

Location, location, location.

Frequency, frequency, frequency.

Rep, you may find that 6 days a week of negs is a bit taxing on your joints. You might want to consider alternating the negs with drop sets evry other day to help your joints and connective tissue by producing more lactic acid.

Yea, that's true. or maybe i'll alt. between the max 5s and negs.

i'm going to have to add to my exercises next time. and increase my SD.

since i only used one work set, i think i need more exercises.

probably have a 14-16 day SD.

what do you guys think?

I just finished the 5s..

some MINOR MINOR MINOR shoulder and elbow soreness. but not enough to stop me from doing some negs altleast 1 week of them....

over all i'd report that my muscles feel denser... they have a nice sore feeling. i feel like i can contract them harder as well... i'm guessing i've put on a few lbs of muscle.

My strength has gone up substantially.. i feel like i could EASILY put more weight on the bar next time around.

Next cycle, I'm toiling with the idea of doing.

Chin Ups x 2
Dips x 2
Squats x 2
Milatary Press x 2

Might add a row in there? not sure that it's nessasary.

in a circuit fashion tho --- rather then 2 consecutive chins i'd do 1 set of each then do it again.

every day --- maybe 2 times a day. (wont take much time to do that )

overall, i THOROUGHLY enjoy training often. :)

Ah, training twice a day. You are a brave soul! :D

At this point (assuming you don't want to try negatives), you'll want to spend a couple of days carbing up. This will give you a better idea of where your gains really are.

cheers,
Jules

Yea man, Right now i've JUST finished the 5s and i don't suspect i'm going to be training everyday for the negatives...

so yea alot more carbing up!!!

My next cycle MIGHT be 2 a days 6 days a week... depending on what i decide .

Rep, are you saying 96 sets per week with the 2/6? Or are you spliting the 8 exercises into 2 rounds of 4 sets each day for 48 sets per week? 96 sets is a lot of volume for a natty.

Um,

if i do 2 sets of 4 exercises that's be 8 x 2 a day so 16

16 * 6 = 96. yup.

I won't always have time to do 2 a days tho...

most likely i'd START with doing it 1 a day...

i won't boost it to 2 until i get the time...

What i was doing was 60 a week for this cycle? no problems...

I usually stick to between 50 and 60 sets per week. Much more than that and I get a bit fatigued and don't get the most from my workouts. If you can do 96 sets and get away with it, you are obviously better off than just doing 60. It's a very individual thing. I first notice it with a slight change in mental attitude even before I feel the physical effect. It will be interesting to see how you fare. I like your choice of exercises.

thanks! i like these exercises to!

one thing i'v noticed training how i do... is i SLEEP SO WELL!!!!

i can literally lay down sleep within 10 minutes... wake up, feelin good.

I've noticed that too -6x full body is like a tranquiliser...knocks you right out at the end of the day :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ Feb. 01 2005,9:17)]so according to my understanding... 6x a week is bad and 3x a week is good? :confused:
Nah, 6x/week is okay as long as volume is adjusted to fit your personal capabilities. There are different ways to do 6x/week as well. For instance, 6x/week total body with adjusted volume or 6x/week alternating lower and upper body, so each only gets trained 3x/week but you are in the gym 6x. 3x/week total body is ideal for those with limited schedules.

thanks biz! so is my workout...4x a week tuesday to friday full body workout okay? but i didn't adjust the volume though... so far gains are great [except for arms]
thanks in advance!
worship.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ Feb. 01 2005,10:56)]thanks biz! so is my workout...4x a week tuesday to friday full body workout okay? but i didn't adjust the volume though... so far gains are great [except for arms]
thanks in advance!
worship.gif
4x/week is fine if that is what you can do. The only draw back I can see is that you will have three days before your next workout after Friday. Again, if that is how it has to be, then that's fine. It will definitely give you plenty of time to recover. As far as volume is concerned, it's a variable that can be adjusted on an individual basis. In other words, if it isn't hampering your progress (strength and muscle mass), then leave it as is.

OK well.. at the end of that cycle i gained probably like 3-8 lbs... some fat i suspect. but as is expected.

My chest/back gained.

My legs gained.

My arms did not.

how much of either i'm not sure but i kno they did as they are bigger then usual...

my next cycle is 4 exercises.

SQUAT,DIPS,CHINS,MILATARY PRESS 2 sets ( in the typical 1 set for target reps and 2nd set stopping as rep speed drops) each 6 days a week.

Total volume of 48 sets a week.

I can't wait to start...

BTW i suspect i didn't gain much on arms from the previous cycle because i didn't get enough SD... i only took an 8 day SD.. and arms take a bit longer for SD i suspect. prior to that i had been cutting for 3-4 months w/o SD (using max 10 weight the whole time).

ANyWAYS this time i'm taking a full 14 day SD.

i'm excited about it!

Did my new workout today...

i like it!!! got a CRAZY pump.

i think this one is a winner.

i MIGHT have overestimated my chin up strength... getting to 15 was a bit tuff...

BUT, i did rep them out slower then usually exaggerated pauses...anyone think this will be a problem?

maybe i should speed them up a bit.

Back