Photos of HST veterans

Ok guys, I only have these pics from May this year. May it suffice to say, that I've gained 30 lbs while using HST. I began with it 1,5 years ago and are currently finishing my 6th cycle or so. While I followed strictly the vanilla HST-principles during the first two cycles I customized a lot in the last four. Namely I've stretched the cycles up to 3-4 months and put up neckbreaking weights (partially up to 90% of my RM1) in the last weeks. I've reduced my workout plan to the quintessential exercises (only 4 each session when I transcend my RM5)
Here's another one:

etothepii photos

Here's some pics of me going from 205 lbs of lard to where I was prior to this year's bulking. HST is the only weight training protocol I have followed other than a few weeks of 5x5 strength training.

Modog good job!!
smile.gif

I think I will start HST
tounge.gif

Modog,

Pretty impressive photos. Wonder if you'd mind sharing your workout routine and diet. How do you stretch out the cycle to 3-4 months?

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 10 2007,02:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Let's see Russ, Lol, O&amp;G, Dan, a recent Bryan, Tot, Bluejacket, Aaron, TDM, Steve Jones (aw, he won't post), and the list goes on. Heck, throw TunnelRat and El Viejo in there too. We need all of the overthehill gang to see what's coming!</div>
I'd be a little embarrassed to post any pict's after seeing the quality of the ones that have been posted. Maybe I'll post a before and an after when I complete this cycle around the beginning of Feb.

For a crappy after picture, here is one where I was doing rack pulls. This was after my muscle wasting winter of 06-07 where I lost a crapload of weight and got soft.
Not sure how heavy I was in this picture. I'm guessing 210, maybe 200 or 215 lbs, I don't really recall. It's probably written down and posted somewhere though.

This one is after only five or six months of HST. Sorry it's blurry, I didn't know how to turn off the flash on that particular camera. I think I was around 190 lbs in this picture?

I am not claiming that HST is a miracle or anything, but I used to look like Totentanz (his teenage pic) when I was a teenager, just to give you an idea of my ectomorphic genetics!
A good portion of my growth was form Dan Moore's HST brain-child: MAX-STIMULATION training.
Once I am finished cutting I am going back to max-stim.  I like it better than regular HST because the loads can be a bit heavier.

This one isn't very representative, as the lighting can make anything look good, but it was fun to take. I don't remember how many cycles this was. It was after my very first cut, I think I was around 185.

Impressive lats and triceps, Modog. Those are the two things I want most, so... I'm officially jealous.

There are some great 'after' and 'work-in-progress' pics here. Very inspirational.

MoDog, you have some impressive development there mate and you have some good genetics to work with. Great back width and thickness plus your arms look larger than hell too. If you have been doing a simplified routine based around compounds, then your arm development is a fine example of what can be achieved and maintained without a great deal of extra iso work. What's the low down on that? I'm sure a lot of folks here would be interested to know.

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 11 2007,02:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You forgot to post your pic Lol! Stop hiding behind the 'pooter!  
laugh.gif
</div>
As Totz said, be careful what you wish for!  
laugh.gif

Here's the thing: I am not a fan of my appearance. I don't think it'll encourage anyone greatly. If I did, I would have sorted something already. I probably will post something at some point (maybe a shot of me lifting a 500lb deadlift when I get there or after my next cut - which won't be for a while yet). There are plenty of folks here (you included Quad) who are much better examples of progress than me. For now, my log will have to do; I try to keep it up to date and occasionally add a bit of detail other than just the specifics of the workout.

I do have a daft pic of me from just before I started HST (most pics of me are daft) which will do as a before shot. I look suitably skinny. Oh, and I've found a pic from before my cut at the start of this year enjoying a 'high protein' drink, a year-and-a-half after starting HST. Right, I'll just comp them together... et voila!

HST-Before-and-After.jpg

Now Lol...that's much better. Honestly you should have a slightly higher opinion of yourself after all you're now a HST expert and thus should be encouraging others.

But...nevertheless...the above is good enough...I can definitelly see those pants of before would never...ever fit after...that's a start!
wink.gif

I also don't think I am the best example of progress, no...not like Modog...but I feel good for my age anyway...and I am not about to start excusing meself
laugh.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Dec. 11 2007,13:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Honestly you should have a slightly higher opinion of yourself after all you're now a HST expert and thus should be encouraging others.</div>
Exactly Fausto! I try to encourage any way I can. I just feel that pics are not my trump card and therefore not a great way for me to be encouraging.
biggrin.gif

I guess the truth of the matter is that, once I realised I could never really look like a bber unless I resorted to some form of chemical help (at least, not to my eyes), I decided to focus more on strength to go along with any size increases I might make. I'd rather chalk up a new PB in the deadlift or squat than look at myself in the mirror and think, &quot;Am I bigger or not?&quot;

At a current 440lb, adding 60lbs to my best deadlift isn't going to make me look much different but it will be one of my most satisfying achievements. Most of my mates think I'm nuts pushing myself to lift heavier but it's the personal challenge. A site like this is populated by similarly &quot;nutty&quot; people who understand the challenge, along with the sweat and toil that goes into attaining a goal of this kind.

Personally, I find it much more encouraging to see pics of people who have worked out for a long while (maybe three to five years or more) and see what they managed to do in that time. I haven't been at it that long (just over two years now) so I hope that I have some worthwhile progress (albeit slow) still to make. The other thing is that a lean body looks so much better than a not-so-lean body. Progress is much more clearly visible. I am not at the lean stage right now.

OK, now I'm going to take Sci's advice and shutup and lift!
tounge.gif

Back