Photos of HST veterans

Here's a photo of me after 4 weeks of heavy lifting (5 reps of basic compound lifts) and 3 weeks of HST, after no gymming for about 5 months.

I really shouldn't be posting photos here since I'm not a HST veteran.

Leo-nov-07.jpg

Hey folks!
Thanks for the compliments.
smile.gif

My workout regime in the 15ers (if executed) and the 10ers looks like this:
A
Squats
BB Rows
Chins (weighted)
Flat Bench
Dips (weighted)
Curls
Abs

B
Deads
Decline Bench
Chins
Military Press
Upright rows
narrow benching/French Press
Abs

In the 5ers I suspend the arm and abs isos, in the Post-5ers I drop the upright rows and dips, too.
The Post 5ers tend to last at least 4 weeks because I increase the weight until I reach my RM2 or in some cases even nearly my RM1. Likewise I reduce the volume from 20 reps in the Pre-5ers down to 15 and finally to 12 clustered reps, when I gotta handle the real heavy stuff.
I should mention that I often use the same weights in the Post 5ers for about 2 weeks before I put another plate on the barbell, which explains the extensive macrocycles.
My diet is kept pretty simplistic as well. On this subject I stick with the same principle as Tot: enough cals, enough protein, enough complex carbs. When I cut I go for a moderate deficite for a long term bf-reduction. No frills.
biggrin.gif

<div>
(MoDog @ Dec. 11 2007,16:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">In the 5ers I suspend the arm and abs isos, in the Post-5ers I drop the upright rows and dips, too.  
The Post 5ers tend to last at least 4 weeks because I increase the weight until I reach my RM2 or in some cases even nearly my RM1. Likewise I reduce the volume from 20 reps in the Pre-5ers down to 15 and finally to 12 clustered reps, when I gotta handle the real heavy stuff.
I should mention that I often use the same weights in the Post 5ers for about 2 weeks before I put another plate on the barbell, which explains the extensive macrocycles.
My diet is kept pretty simplistic as well.  On this subject I stick with the same principle as Tot: enough cals, enough protein, enough complex carbs. When I cut I go for a moderate deficite for a long term bf-reduction. No frills.
biggrin.gif
</div>
just to clarify, how many sets of 10 reps do you do?

how many sets of 5 reps do you do during your 2 weeks of 5 reps?

thanks.

My vote so far for the bodybuilding show:

Quadancer...best delts.  Cannonballs.

Lcars...best pecs.

Joe muscle...best biceps.

Modog...Best lats...by far!  And the guns are gigantic too!

Totentanz...best traps.  Those rack pulls work wonders.

Lol...best thighs.  No wonder your squat and deadlift are so big!

Fausto...most proportioned.  I look like crap in a front double-biceps pose.  My pecs and lats disappear, and my gunz aren't nearly as big as Fausto's, they look almost as big as his head!
biggrin.gif

Tongzilla...most ripped.
 An all-around good physique base too.

Me...best forearms.  They are not huge, but they are the only bodypart that LOOKS huge on my skinny-ass frame.
biggrin.gif

Modog - Your routine is interesting as is actually similar to what I've suggested in the past - long drawn out cycles - but have never been able to pursue myself since I always get sick or something happens to interrupt it.
You could probably draw the 5s out a lot longer if you incrementing only once a week, though if you have a lot of zig-zag with the 10s, this could be counterproductive for the first couple weeks.

Fausto your guns are looking great!

Lol...I can definatly see improvement even through the jeans.

Sci you are 100% correct about your forarms....looking like POPEYE!

Great forearms from Sci... really... and the picture of the back of Totentanz is really cinematic
biggrin.gif
Could be the AD of a movie?
cool.gif

also, good thing of this pictures is that Fausto proved me that you don't have to do isolation to have big biceps!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Fausto...most proportioned.  I look like crap in a front double-biceps pose.  My pecs and lats disappear, and my gunz aren't nearly as big as Fausto's, they look almost as big as his head!</div>

Why...thank you sci...that is one hell of a compliment...I'm too crtical of myself as most of us tend to be and would obviously prefer bigger guns (currently only 15'5&quot; I'd like 17's...anyhoo.

Proportion? If you say so...plently of work left though.

I definitelly agree with the rest though, evryone looking great, Quadman, Joe (huge by the way), Lcars (well that is one hell of a chest), Tot (looking good), Sci (Popeye...that's for sure), Krieger (you're right but...I do one set each for bis and tris without too much emphasis though, I then drop this in the 5's and beyond.

Jts goitta get my Tabata together, been damn lazy lately, pone other option that looks and feel good is Turbulence traina a la 300, quick and brutal...must be effective!
wink.gif

Here's the count Dracula's best (120 Kg = 267 Lbs) invention!
laugh.gif

ghostface.gif

I vote Aaron for best calves. As for glutes, I hope we never know!

<div>
(colby2152 @ Dec. 11 2007,21:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If I did have pictures up, I think Sci would vote mine as most fat!</div>
You'd have to fight me for it, Colby!

Aaron, don't let us catch you peeking through our windows!

Aaron,

Great Trap developement!

Fausto thanks for the compliments it means a lot coming from you.

You are looking very lean in your second pic...you don't look like you have any bodyfat!!!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Dec. 11 2007,21:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If I did have pictures up, I think Sci would vote mine as most fat!</div>
Nah I think I would be the most fat
biggrin.gif

I was kind of hoping to win the distended belly award myself. It's sticking out pretty far in my rack pull picture. Of course, that's just because... I had to brace my core... to do the rack pull... yeah, to protect my... spine. So yeah.

<div>
(tongzilla @ Dec. 10 2007,05:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 10 2007,02:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Let's see Russ, Lol, O&amp;G, Dan, a recent Bryan, Tot, Bluejacket, Aaron, TDM, Steve Jones (aw, he won't post), and the list goes on. Heck, throw TunnelRat and El Viejo in there too. We need all of the overthehill gang to see what's coming!</div>
Are you implying that there's a not so recent pic of Bryan? If so, where can I find it?

Thanks.</div>
Just do a google image search for Bryan Haycock and you'll find plenty.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You are looking very lean in your second pic...you don't look like you have any bodyfat!!! </div>

I wish, BF is around 15 - 16%, all seating on a little section of my belly right around my belly button
wow.gif

Notice I am wearing a back brace, which kinda hides my belly a little. Anyway...thanks.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Fausto thanks for the compliments it means a lot coming from you.</div>

Much respect, bro...I mean them, you look great!
wink.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Dec. 12 2007,03:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Wonder why Aaaron's is the only picture I can't see? Settings?</div>
Just lucky, I guess...

Back