Pic

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ July 21 2005,11:11)]Looking very good OMR.    
thumbs-up.gif
     When your muscles have matured a bit and you hit 25, you will be awesome!
Thanks Old And Grey!

Hey, O&G, from a physiological standpoint what exactly is muscle maturity?

I'm turning 20 at the end of November. We have a similar build.

So speaking of which, you look GREAT! Lol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I need to put on mass all over
sad.gif
OMR,
I'm a 19 year old college student so I'm right with you as far as age goes and trust me, you should know you've got a superior body to the vast majority of guys our age! You're definately big all around, but also you are pretty ripped--no beer belly that's for sure! I suppose it depends on your goals--are you trying to be a competition bodybuilder? If you're lifting for recreation and self improvement, you're doing a great job. I'm almost done with my first cycle of HST which is basically the first time I've been consistent with training and I'm pumped about my results. I intend to bulk all through this academic year and start cutting the last month of second semester in the spring (I'm naturally thin and low in fat). In all honesty, you look awesome so be sure to realize this--you look great now, so imagine how you're going to look after 1, 2, 5 more years of HST!!! Keep up the good work bro.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]:D But unlike you, I ain't never gonna post my pic here, i'm a small dude
tounge.gif
only 5'7" or 5'8". You might say I'm better off studying physiology than actually lifting weights
laugh.gif
But I do both, leaning more on studying though!
blush.gif
Just don't call me a geek or a nerd please!
JV,
As you know, as far as muscle hypertrophy is concerned, your height is irrelevant--if you want big muscles, you can get big muscles, regardless of height. I'm only 5'6" and nearly complete with one cycle of HST and I've already received compliments from a variety of individuals (read: many ladies...and my mom). ;) Secondly, maybe for some inspiration, I personally believe Mike Mentzer had the most aesthetically pleasing, god-like physique and he was your size! (5'8") Of course, don't forget that Mike Mentzer became an accomplished bodybuilder through "traditional" training and drug use during the 70's like his peers. (He didn't get big on his Heavy Duty HIT style theory--he only used this much later in his life--HIT is definitely an inferior method for achieving muscular hypertrophy).
And then of course, there's Lee Priest. Let's just say he's 5'4" and they used him to model the movement for THE HULK movie!!!
Anyway, I have no desire to be as large as any of these bodybuilders but the point is you can have an incredible body at any size--so once you're pleased with your muscularity, be sure to post a picture! I know I will be come Summer 2006!
<a href="http://images.google.com/images?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&q=mike+mentzer&hl=en&btnG=Search+Images" target="_blank">Some Mike Pics
</a>Lee Priest Pics

Thanks Scooper182!

I'm looking forward to bulking again, I'm cutting right now, very low carbs. i took that pic yesterday (no carb day) felt kinda deflated. but ya i can't wait to start packing on the mass :D

my uni schedule is a little more pleasing then LAST yrs... i was at school till 10 some days ---YUCK---

OMR, I am not really sure what happens physiologically to most males around 25 but it seems that their muscles get a more &quot;mature&quot; look. Most top contesters are over 25. That is, they seem to have more depth and refinement to their muscles. It may have something to do with their growth plate closure which usually happens about that time, even though they may not have actually grown in 5 or even 10 years. Just keep at it and I am sure you will experience that phenomenon.
thumbs-up.gif

i hope so :)

I wonder if someone can tell us what this whole muscle maturity issue is about?
thumbs-up.gif

i was reading something Byran wrote not sure if it was about &quot;muscle maturity&quot; BUT, he said when something to the effect a musclle does not grow denser, and usually they look denser when the person is leaner.
thumbs-up.gif

Hey man, you look amazing! Awesome v-taper and abs; looks like you've got a nice set of pipes, too, and you're not even flexing.

I've been following your abbreviated routine with great interest and am seriously thinking about doing something similar on my next cycle. Seeing your results has me all the more interested now. I think I'm gonna do it.

Very interesting indeed! i thought nothing of the pic. just put it up cuz i took some pics to monitor my cutting, so i thought i might as well thro up a pic see what everyone has to say!

i personally feel super-small, not satisfied at all.

i'm not complaining about the compliments tho!! ;)

MUCH appreciated, very modivating.

hey onemorerep what is your weight and height? great bod!
thumbs-up.gif

and what did you do to cut? the one in the FAQ diet and nutrition portion?

I think you've got a great build OneMoreRep!

Of course, as an ex-NPC judge I would have to see your compulsories before I made any critiques. :D

Keep up the good work!
thumbs-up.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ July 22 2005,10:11)]I think you've got a great build OneMoreRep!
Of course, as an ex-NPC judge I would have to see your compulsories before I made any critiques.  :D
Keep up the good work!  
thumbs-up.gif
Thanks Bryan!!!

Which compulsories?

IMO just keep doing what you've been doing; it is obviously working. Your well ahead of the usual gym body and will only get better with time. :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ July 22 2005,3:44)]hey onemorerep what is your weight and height? great bod!  
thumbs-up.gif

and what did you do to cut? the one in the FAQ diet and nutrition portion?
I'm 5'8 155 (morning)

I cut using a 6 day a week routine.

squat 2 sets
dips 2 sets
chins 2 sets
milatary press 2 sets

Diet;

Sun 3 grams of carbs per lb
Mond 2 grams of carbs per lb
Tues 1 grams of carbs per lb
Wed 0.5 grams of carbs per lb
Thurs 2 grams of carbs per lb
Friday 1 grams of carbs per lb
Sat 0.5 grams of carbs per lb

Cardio;

Daily - Started at 15 minutes every morning, now i'm up to 35 minutes (increased by 5 mins a week). Been cutting just over of a month now. I have about 3-4 weeks left then i'm going to SD and bulk again.

Hey Scooper  :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]JV,
As you know, as far as muscle hypertrophy is concerned, your height is irrelevant--if you want big muscles, you can get big muscles, regardless of height.  I'm only 5'6&quot; and nearly complete with one cycle of HST

Oh, yeah, thanks. In fact, small guys have this distinct advantage: even if by strict measurements he is just equal to a taller guy, he looks bulkier! So a 6'6&quot; guy with 16&quot; arms is going to look less than impressive, but a 5'4&quot; guy with 16&quot; arms? That would look so cool and huge!

In fact, being small, I remember right after one summer of working out, right back when I first began, girls (a lot of them)did notice immediately (but my crush didn't, so the hell with that program). That's because I was small and even just some increase in armsize, for example, looks great since my arms aren't as long.

Anyway, back to OMR: Dude, I didn't know you were so young! Given that you still have so many years of bodybuilding in front of you, whoa, you can only become better and better!

Regards to all :)
- JV

wow only 155 pounds! anyhow, do you mind posting your carb intake during your bulking cycle as well? :D

dood you're an inspiration for me to cut back the fat!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ July 23 2005,3:45)]wow only 155 pounds! anyhow, do you mind posting your carb intake during your bulking cycle as well? :D
dood you're an inspiration for me to cut back the fat!
When i start bulking up again, i will definitely post my diet :)

ya i'm a lightweight... my bones are veryy slim...

Back