Pictures everyone?

smile.gif
the human spirit is indeed strong quadancer.

There's a one-legged roller skater up in Carolina. I hear he's pretty good.

...never say DIE, baby!

Down to 207 lbs. and still fat.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Down to 207 lbs. and still fat. </div>

Nah, you're not fat, one can see you've cut some...I'm going through the same crap meself, never happy with what I achieved so far, to me you look like you've lost a vsible bit.

This bit I've received from Mike Geary sounds about right for mistakes we all make, and bloody difficult to cut out of one's diet, specially if you're not alone:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">With so much talk, confusion, and controversy in recent years about &quot;carbs&quot;, I wanted to give you my take on healthy carbs and also one of my favorites.

First of all, although I'm not a &quot;low carb&quot; extremist, I do believe that one of the main reasons so many people struggle to ever lose any body fat is that they are overconsuming processed carbohydrates such as cereals, pasta, rice, bagels, muffins, breads (even whole grain varieties), sodas, juices, candies, crackers, and so on.

It is extremely hard to lose body fat if you're overconsuming any of these types of carbohydrates (even if you workout very hard). In addition to causing wild blood sugar swings and insulin surges promoting direct body fat deposition, eating too many carbs also increases your appetite and cravings.

Even carbohydrate sources that most people think are &quot;healthy&quot; really are just excess calories that don't really deliver a whole lot of nutrient density... and many types of breads and cereals pretend to be &quot;whole grain&quot; with clever marketing while in reality the first ingredient in them is refined flour, which is just going to shoot your blood sugar through the roof.

My take on it is that the majority of people struggling to lose body fat would do much better following these types of guidelines:

1. Reducing grain-based products in the diet (cereal, pasta, rice, crackers, etc) and focusing more of the diet on healthy grass-fed and/or free-range meats and eggs, grass-fed raw dairy, and TONS of vegetables.

2. Instead of the grains for most of the carbs, try getting most of your carbs from vegetables, sweet potatoes, and a variety of whole fruits and berries (NOT fruit juices, which remove the beneficial fiber as well as other essential parts of the fruit)

3. If you're going to get any grains at all, focus on the most nutrient dense and fibrous portions of the grain... the germ and bran... this means that the best parts are getting oat bran instead of oatmeal, and using rice bran and wheat germ by adding to your yogurt, cottage cheese, salads, soups, etc. This way you get all of the most beneficial nutritious parts of grains without all of the excess starches and calories.

4. To replace the void if you're used to consuming lots of bread, pasta, cereals, and other carb sources... try filling that void with more healthy fats such as nuts, seeds, avocados, nut butters as well as healthy proteins such as raw grass-fed dairy and meats, whole free-range organic eggs, etc. Healthy fats and proteins go a long way to satisfying your appetite, controlling proper hormone and blood sugar levels, and helping you to make real progress on fat loss.</div>

So...don't feel bad...just keep going mate, I also believe that when we are a certain age, the fat loss battle is that much harder...I could be wrong but something tells me I'm not!
wink.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 22 2008,8:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anyone find that picture of the one-legged squatter?  LOL, I think you had it posted at one time?</div>
here ya go Colby!

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 22 2008,7:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">There's a one-legged roller skater up in Carolina. I hear he's pretty good.

...never say DIE, baby!

Down to 207 lbs. and still fat.</div>
u just need to cut a little but no way u're fat man.
hey i like e incline bench u got there, made of wood.
never seen anything like it. is tat your home gym?
tounge.gif

<div>
(fearfactory @ Apr. 26 2008,6:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 22 2008,8:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anyone find that picture of the one-legged squatter? LOL, I think you had it posted at one time?</div>
here ya go Colby!</div>
wa's this guy's name?

<div>
(hotterdog @ Apr. 27 2008,3:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(fearfactory @ Apr. 26 2008,6:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 22 2008,8:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anyone find that picture of the one-legged squatter? LOL, I think you had it posted at one time?</div>
here ya go Colby!</div>
wa's this guy's name?</div>
stumpy.

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 22 2008,7:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Down to 207 lbs. and still fat.</div>
I dunno, you don't look fat. You look like you've been working your obliques, and that sort of hinders getting a V-shape.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 26 2008,6:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">cutting takes TIME. 90% of cutting is simply calorie control. I suck at it too: self-control and patience are the keys.</div>
Yeah; look at my log for an example of a long cut!
tounge.gif

Quad, you have said it yourself. Your midsection is deceiving because of your thick muscular core. Regardless of the big abdominals, you are on a good pace. If you can cut off a bit more off the sides, it will be a drastic change. The way you pose isn't helping either... not that I pose much better, but just telling you the truth to keep your spirits up on this cut!

<div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 28 2008,8:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The way you pose isn't helping either... not that I pose much better, but just telling you the truth to keep your spirits up on this cut!</div>
Yup, you really oughta try standing on your head...
wink.gif

Quad you are not fat!

YOu are looking good and you are at that inbetween point were you need to keep cutting.

Dont stop until you get below 200 pounds and then go from there!

I planned on another week or so anyway; the SD isn't helping all that much with low cals that I can notice. I really didn't want to go below 200 and get all weak and stuff. We'll see how it goes.
Colby: you show me the magic formula for eating off the love handles and we'll BOTH get rich!
Actually, I'm thinking of hunting down studies and everything I can find on catabolism, good and bad in the body. I want to see what we can do dietwise without losing beef and without living on ketones, or starving for real food, or...oh, this is the wrong thread for this, huh?

<div>
here ya go Colby!</div>
Thanks FF! That is the picture I was looking for! I need to provide motivation for some people.

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 28 2008,7:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I planned on another week or so anyway; the SD isn't helping all that much with low cals that I can notice. I really didn't want to go below 200 and get all weak and stuff. We'll see how it goes.</div>
I doubt you'll get weak going under 200, and I'd bet you'll look a lot more muscular and even bigger than you look now if you got down to 190...you'd be ripped!

edit: I'm fatter, weaker, and smaller (muscles) than last year...it is what it is. I'm cutting now. You can click on the image for a larger preview I think.

Back