Pictures everyone?

Thanks Joe.

a few years back (when he had more time) I was bitching to Bryan about frustration about my progess... though I have had better progress on HST than with anything else (I want more).

Anyway Bryan said "relax... do you know what percentile you are for your age. You are doing great. Relaxe.... keep at it... and enjoy the ride.

Bryan is wise.

Bob

<div>
(quadancer @ Sep. 02 2006,23:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(lcars @ Sep. 02 2006,07:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">lookin real thick there bro.what are your specific goals.anything in mind?</div>
Well, I guess when I grow up, I wanna be built just like YOU man! Heheh, I could DO it if 'life' would just stop getting in the way.

There's always been a formula for me: when working, my wallet grows and I shrink.
When we're looking for work, the bod grows and the wallet shrinks.

This month, it's been my back out then moving my new wife's stuff into the house. Missed a lot of workouts and just got fatter, but I'm back in game now.</div>
i have found it very difficult to put weight on(muscle)over the years because of my job.i dont work long hours but the calorie expenditure is rediculous.

also props to scientific muscle and bob looking good,glad to see more pics,keep em coming.
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Bob Evans @ Sep. 04 2006,10:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anyway Bryan said &quot;relax... do you know what percentile you are for your age.  You are doing great.  Relaxe.... keep at it... and enjoy the ride.

Bryan is wise.

Bob</div>
I completely agree.

I try not to ever say the words &quot;For your age you look good&quot; b/c that can be interpreted the wrong way.

But honestly...the way you look vs the way say a 20 year old looks is more impressive.

I am getting close to 30....well Im 28...and I can appreciate your work...b/c some of these younger guys get by with terrible eating...and they can do it at that age..b/c of the young matabolism...but as you get older 30 + testosterone trys to decrease and so does the metabolism...and take a look around at the average guy your age.

Take that into account and you are doing damn good!!!!
biggrin.gif

the age thing is interesting. O&amp;G had a funny post where the people at the Dr's office thought he was 20 years younger than he was.

I used to lift at a University gym and the undergrads where amazed how much I lifted (frankly 20 yr olds are a bit skinny) Now in Florida I come in contact with many older weight lifters.. they are awsome.

One guy who looks like a 50 yr old body builder is 72yrs old. He told me that now that he hit 70, he has had a hip replacemant, and has arthritus, and is older ............so he said &quot;now I can only bench 300lbs&quot;

I said &quot;man you are doing ok&quot;

Bob

Man, it would be hard to follow some of those pics. Lcars, you've got about what I want to have eventually. Awesome traps and arms. My legs are slightly larger than yours but your upper body dwarfs mine, and you outweigh me by like 20 lbs or so. Hmm, give me a few more years...

I'll try to get a new camera soon. The one on my phone sucks balls. I have a pic from last year when I was pretty fat, during a bulk, but the lighting is crap, so I probably won't post it.

But anyway, Bob, Scientific Muscle - looking great. Way to go.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Sep. 04 2006,19:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">But anyway, Bob, Scientific Muscle - looking great.  Way to go.</div>
Thanks, guys! I am just getting started in serious training. It is nice to actually be able to see my back muscles, I have never been able to see my lats before. Of course compared to Stevejones by back looks like a thin piece of paper, while his looks like the great wall of china!
blush.gif

I am not posting any pics until I have at least completed one year of HST. I would like to wait until I have done a cut too as blubber is less than impressive (unless it's on a whale).

As an aside: I went to our local bodybuilding show at the weekend. It was particularly great to see the guy from my gym win the junior section. He trimmed down from 15 stone to 12.5 stone on the night and looked awesome. As I weigh about the same and carry about the same bf as he did before cutting I am hoping to attain a similar look although I probably won't cut as far (he reached around 5% bf!). He has better genetics than me but, still, I will look a whole lot better than I do now as a 15 stone lump (my brother now calls me 'fatty' cos I've never carried this much bf before).  
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Sep. 04 2006,20:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am not posting any pics until I have at least completed one year of HST.</div>
Ah heck, just call it a &quot;before&quot; picture like I did mine :).

<div>
(Lol @ Sep. 04 2006,20:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
He trimmed down from 15 stone to 12.5 stone on the night and looked awesome.</div>
Well, though I live in the US (Houston), I just recently met someone from Britain posted over here by his company in which the stone unit came up. I still had to look it up now just to make sure that I remembered correctly, though. I've had enough science classes and used enough weights marked in Kg that pounds to Kg and back is easy...but stones are a different matter.

Just to save others: 1 stone = 14 pounds, so from 210 lbs to 175 lbs, quite a cut! Or, ~95kg to ~80kg.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Sep. 04 2006,19:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Man, it would be hard to follow some of those pics.  Lcars, you've got about what I want to have eventually.  Awesome traps and arms.  My legs are slightly larger than yours but your upper body dwarfs mine, and you outweigh me by like 20 lbs or so.  Hmm, give me a few more years...

I'll try to get a new camera soon.  The one on my phone sucks balls.  I have a pic from last year when I was pretty fat, during a bulk, but the lighting is crap, so I probably won't post it.

But anyway, Bob, Scientific Muscle - looking great.  Way to go.</div>
thanks Totentanz for the props,yeah my legs are real stubborn,no matter what i throw at them they grow at there own pace,ill just have to be patient.its frustrating when you train with mates who have huge legs without putting much into it.

overall id like another 10lbs of muscle and then drop 10lbs of fat,which would bring me down to 10% ish.lets see what happens.im one of those guys who likes to post the finished article,but i thought what the hell.

<div>
(Lifting N Tx @ Sep. 05 2006,04:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Lol @ Sep. 04 2006,20:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am not posting any pics until I have at least completed one year of HST.</div>
Ah heck, just call it a &quot;before&quot; picture like I did mine :).

<div>
(Lol @ Sep. 04 2006,20:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
He trimmed down from 15 stone to 12.5 stone on the night and looked awesome.</div>
Well, though I live in the US (Houston), I just recently met someone from Britain posted over here by his company in which the stone unit came up.  I still had to look it up now just to make sure that I remembered correctly, though.  I've had enough science classes and used enough weights marked in Kg that pounds to Kg and back is easy...but stones are a different matter.

Just to save others: 1 stone = 14 pounds, so from 210 lbs to 175 lbs, quite a cut!  Or, ~95kg to ~80kg.</div>
thats what sort of weight you have to get rid of to look cut.
most natty bbrs in britain have a saying
off season look good in a shirt, crap without
in season look good without,look crap with one on.
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Sep. 04 2006,21:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am not posting any pics until I have at least completed one year of HST. I would like to wait until I have done a cut too as blubber is less than impressive (unless it's on a whale).

As an aside: I went to our local bodybuilding show at the weekend. It was particularly great to see the guy from my gym win the junior section. He trimmed down from 15 stone to 12.5 stone on the night and looked awesome. As I weigh about the same and carry about the same bf as he did before cutting I am hoping to attain a similar look although I probably won't cut as far (he reached around 5% bf!). He has better genetics than me but, still, I will look a whole lot better than I do now as a 15 stone lump (my brother now calls me 'fatty' cos I've never carried this much bf before).  
biggrin.gif
</div>
its inspiring to see shows like that as it makes you want it more.

are you carrying the weight because youve been bulking? i for one will only do lean bulking from now on ,its too much hassle to get the weight off after.ive been on a lean bulk for a couple of months and it seems to be working,i havent dropped any fat but havent put any on(noticable),however ive gained some size,also been on a new workout which has boosted gains.

<div>
(lcars @ Sep. 05 2006,14:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">are you carrying the weight because youve been bulking? i for one will only do lean bulking from now on ,its too much hassle to get the weight off after.ive been on a lean bulk for a couple of months and it seems to be working,i havent dropped any fat but havent put any on(noticable),however ive gained some size,also been on a new workout which has boosted gains.</div>
Yup. For almost a year now. Laterly I've been eating less than I should but I've been getting stronger each cycle so I'm probably just gaining less fat now.

Once I have done a cut I will try to count my calories better so I stay more in shape. My plan will be a long, slow bulk for a further few years with the occasional cut if I start to smooth out too much.

Just want to say all you guys are looking good! . Id post but I dont have a digital camera and you know theres that whole thing, I quite like my physique at the mo but I keep wanting to add more size and then sculpt it, hey lol nice work bulking to 15 stone, last time I heard you were 182 pounds! Im 15 my self at the mo but at 6''1 quite lean.

Kudos to all, especially the older guys. As I age into my 40's, it is inspiring to see fellows such as this. Makes me stop feeling sorry for myself, which is a good thing.

I need to lose about a stone (I love the Brits!) before I post anything. My first HST cycle brought my size back up to what it was before a long layoff (many years). But the fat more or less remained. I am nursing a bad shoulder at the moment, so the workouts are fewer these days. Got to get that treadmill goin..

My changes from Nov 04 to Sep 06. I am just starting
SD after my first Hst cycle. So, this is not all Hst, but
I have seen better results in the past 8 weeks of HST
than I have since my first 3 months beginner gains.
145lbs --> 180lbs

(I hope I know how to insert a pic correctly)

&lt;IMG SRC=&quot;http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3964/comnewnewfb2.jpg&quot;&gt;

HOLY BAJEEZUZ!
wow.gif

35 LB.S GAINED IN LESS THAN TWO YEARS! Wow taank, that is very impressive, you have totally transformed your body. How old are you, I am guessing pretty young to grow that much in two years, you may have even started in your teens.

please, also re-post this in the &quot;Results&quot; section if you don't mind, as you have some of the best results I have ever seen- even if it wasn't all HST, doesn't really matter when you are beginner, almost any decent routine will work at that stage.

Thanks bro! I am actually 28. So, I was 26 when I started in August of 04. I will repost in results.

What cracks me up is if I post the same pictrues over in the BB .com forums with all the teenagers, the responses I will get are normally like &quot;Should be alot more progress in 2 years...but not bad&quot;

So, thanks for your encouragement, makes me feel good.

Teenagers can grow like MAD, cause first of all they usually aren't finished growing in the child-to-adult sense, and second of all their T-levels are through the roof so their gains can be almost steriod-like.  I am also 28, and that confirms to me that your gains ARE very impressve.  If you would have said , &quot;yeah I was 18 when I started&quot;, then I would have thought, impressive, but not abnormal.  You are still young, but not many guys can go from 145 to 180 in less than two years.  Your training and diet has to be seriously consistent.  That, and I assume you are training natural, which we all know can be a little slower.

Taank, I would be interested in seeing your routine:
Training frequency, sets and reps, and most importantly exercise movement selection.
Some of the experienced guys around here may even be able to give you some advice to help your gains even more!

Back