SCI's HST cycle

Sci, I have to agree with Liege and Quad. Right now would be a really good time to blast those squats even if you don't feel that you are going to be able to load up as much as you would like. Surely, you'll still be able to use more weight than in nearly any other movement apart from deads?

Recent lesson for me: During my SD this week I took delivery of my new Oly plates and bar. Couldn't resist doing some deads at home (tsk, tsk,I know!). Put 160kgs on the bar and did 12 reps MS style. Didn't seem too bad but thought that was plenty. Anyway, 2 days later I am still suffering the consequences in nearly every area of my body, save for my quads. My lats are sorer than they have been in ages. My lower back, hams and glutes took a bashing. Forearms, bis, tris, traps, abs and shoulders sore too. The only areas that didn't get hammered seem to be my pecs, quads, thigh abductors and adductors and calves (difficult not to keep a good deal of conditioning in calves during SD).

Even during my last few wokouts prior to SD my squat sessions made my quads, abductors and adductors sore the following day even though I was using less weight (around 140kgs) for squats.

Come on Sci, it has to be worth giving Oly squats a go this cycle. I bet you'd make some great progress. Entirely up to you of course but I reckon in later years you will really regret not having worked on them sooner esp. if you have a little bit of help right now.  
wink.gif
</end of rant>

Alright guys!
I still hate squats, but you are right in that I have to alternate deadlifts with something. The erector spinae take alot longer to recover from deads than the thigh muscles anyway, so doing some squats couldn't hurt.
I will alternate squats with deads again.
I am overtraining in my current cycle, and last night I was trying to write out a new volume and frequency to follow. The biggest problem was trying to space deadlifts far enough apart, but without squats between them I couldn't justify it, so adding squats back in the mix will help.

Good to hear, you'll be glad you stuck it out with squats. As far as when to do deadlifts, I've done pretty good with olympic squats on M&F and deadlifts on Wed.

I finally got my bodyfat tested with calipers...16% at 208 lb.s. I am way fatter than I have ever been so I guess 16% is not too bad. I am like quadancer and hold it mostly around the waist. I look pretty good everywhere except the belly/hips area...Oh well. Onward with the bulking!
cool.gif

5/14/07

Squats- 225 x20
Bench- 165 x20
Shrugs- 315 x20
Dips- (BW+25) x20

Feeling strong, I am really liking bench lately and can hardly wait for the heavier stuff.

4 weeks into HST/max-stim bulking cycle, 2 weeks into AAS, 8 weeks to go.
Here is a pic from today, I am looking really smooth, but the bulk is going well.

DSCN3961.jpg

YOu are holding all your fat at you stomach...which is typical.

The good news is the rest of your body is very lean...so again you are typical male.

IF I were you I wouldn't get above 20% IMO...due to partioning and things of that nature.

However looking at your build...and thinking that once the AAS kick in I will bet you my last dollar that you will gain more LBM...and lose fat.

I am going to go out on a limb and make by prediction...but I am guessing you will end up around 216 pounds and about 14% bodyfat!
biggrin.gif

Thanks dude!  I would be happy to end up 216 at 14%, and I think that is a good guess.  It would be better than 220 and 16% since I would end up having to cut more that way.  After PCT (post-cycle therapy) I will probably try to cut down to 200 lb.s and 10% bodyfat and then do a slow bulk from there.

Good luck with the cycle. How did you find the 20 rep squats? 20 reppers are my least favourite exercise in the known universe due to how much they destroy me, and I don't squat anywhere near what you did! Those high rep deadlifts are inspiring.

You've put a tremendous amount of weight on in the last year, and nobody puts on all muscle when bulking.

All your hard work will really manifest itself when you eventually cut. I think once you put on @20 more pounds, it will be time for a cut.

5/15/07

Chins- BWx20
press- 110x20
DB rows- 75s 4x5
DB laterals- 30s 4x5 (these seem to work the external rotators too)
DB curls- 40s 4x5

My puny lats are finally starting to become somewhat visible. Soon I will be adding weight to chins.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ May 15 2007,02:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">m-time...I am doing max-stim for everything.</div>
Just catching up on Max Stim. A little different from a standard 20 repper!

Hey, a question. How long are you cycling for?
I've always dreamed of doing a 16 week cycle, bulking for the first 12 weeks, then doing a hardcore cut the last 4 weeks while still on the AAS to minimize muscle loss. Then, simply maintaining for the last two weeks while the AAS clears the system and throughout PCT. In theory, it would make keeping the gains easier...
I guess you could even introduce an oral during the last 4 weeks of cutting if you wanted to. I know that when I cut with Winstrol and a PSMF, I shredded up very quickly and lost no muscle mass that I could detect. Strength while on the Winstrol was amazing too. I think I probably ended up stronger after my cut than I was before, but I didn't properly test maxes before or after that. I can only imagine how easy cutting up in a short period would be on a test cycle, especially if you did add in an oral on top of that.

But... if you are only cycling for 12 weeks or so, I personally would rather use that whole time for putting on as much muscle as possible.

9-10 weeks, the whole time focused on gains. Then PCT and maintenence, and then finally cutting. Hopefully preserving strength and mass the whole time using heavy weights and lotso protein!

So far the test supplementation has been nice. Very easy and the effects are suprisingly mild. It is probably the moderate dosages I am using and/or the full effects aren't being felt so early in the cycle.
400 mg./week of test-e is considered very mild, much higher than HRT of course, but the full-blown anabolic effects are usually seen at 600 mg./wk or more which was too high for my first time. I am actually hoping the effect is a little stronger soon, (only 2.5 weeks in so far). So far just increased oily skin and libido and a good pump...stuff I feel naturally. (I must have very high natural test levels, because it seems my skin has always been oily and high libido, just now it is slightly more pronounced).

Anyway I will keep you updated....deadlifts tomorrow!
mad.gif

<div>
(scientific muscle @ May 16 2007,20:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Anyway I will keep you updated....deadlifts tomorrow!
mad.gif
</div>
Go get 'em, Sci!!!!

<div>
(scientific muscle @ May 15 2007,17:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have put on ~28 pounds in one year!
wow.gif
</div>
Even if only half of that were muscle that'd be great but I expect it's a higher proportion than that. You'll be packing it on again soon enough now. Well done mate. Give those deads hell!

Back