Steves Reeves Routine

Still looking good tho; I didn't know he was getting into acting; like to see something there. I'll bet he HAD to lose some besides what naturally came off when off gear, Hollymud often requires the fitness look.
Still, if I were to post any pics (besides the two of Ah-nold) on my gym wall, they wouldn't be any shots of gym squirrels. I like heavy motivation because it works best for me. I ignore the milestones I pass because I'm still looking up.
A favorite, Olivia:

<div>
(terp @ Jan. 25 2008,17:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'd give my left arm to look like Reeves!</div>
Wouldn't that be kinda counterproductive?

You know, like when one of my ex-girlfriends (who was recovering from anorexia at the time) said she'd give her right leg to gain 15 pounds. It'd have been about 15 pounds in the wrong direction (probably worth mentioning that she's also about 4'10&quot; in flats).

And how is it that nobody's made any Rocky Horror references?

...says the person who just found &quot;Hercules&quot; (an old Steve Reeves movie) on the Internet Archive. Apparently a lot of those old sword-and-sandal flicks are now in the public domain.

z035e016.jpg

Personally, I am a fan of the wings!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 24 2008,07:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Nope.
I want more. You can't go by one special pose either. Other shots of him don't look very massive. Or maybe it's just the wasp waists I can't get used to.</div>
Here ya go Quadancer!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(Avi1985 @ Feb. 28 2008,03:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">He said 5-6 setsfor hypertrophy per bodypart. Isnt it too much?</div>
Depends how heavy the load is. I disagree with set constraints.

My waist is 30.5&quot; across the belly button. I hope to cut down to 29-29.5&quot; if I can. My chest is not very big like reeves but I want to slim down for the running/triathlon season. So far I have lost 7lbs during my 7weeks of cutting, hopefully mostly fat.

I hope that late fall when running is all over that I will do some more bulking and hopefully put some more mass on my chest. My chest is a puny 36.25&quot;. I could probably stand to gain some lat muscle too.

I think with HST i put most of my mass on my legs from doing squats and some on the biceps/triceps and shoulders.

My fault though as I haven't been doing and chins although I know they are the best for building upper body.

<div>
(Avi1985 @ Feb. 28 2008,03:29)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">He said 5-6 setsfor hypertrophy per bodypart. Isnt it too much?</div>
THERE IS NO FITZALL SET SCHEME FOR HYPERTROPHY!
The only thing we've noticed from science and observations this past year is that most very large guys do a lot of volume - but not consistently! And no rule works for all, no matter what it is regarding volume and reps. Whatever works today for you may kill you later; things have to change up periodically or you plateau.

That's my opinion from hypertrophy research.com readings, the thread discussions on here, trials and observation.
My present recommendations would be to use volume until it stalls, then taper to the heavies, and perhaps cut if needed then, and hit volume again after that failed. Dual factor periodization is still out there, albeit a pain.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Feb. 28 2008,21:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Joe, new avatar shows some good progress!</div>
Thanks Colby...Im trying!

Yeah Joe, you look good. Especially considering that in the picture you appear to have fairly small wrists but you have packed a lot of muscle on your upper arms. Nice job!
smile.gif

Thanks Old and Grey.

What is consider a small wrist?

I just measured my wrist and its 6.75 inches?

Is this small / normal / big?

Joe, like SM, mine are also 7.25&quot; at 5&quot;8&quot;. I consider them average to above average for my height.

Mine were not always that size. They were about 1/2&quot; smaller. For years I kept a set of dumbells in my bathroom and did regular and reverse curls every day as I sat and ruminated about the world's problems. Many people say you cannot increase the size of your wrists. You cannot increase the size of the bone but there are several muscles in the wrist that can certainly be hypertrophied. When flexing my wrist, I have a significant &quot;bump&quot; on the side below my thumb that wasn't there before I worked my wrists daily. It's also useful in opening jars for my wife!
laugh.gif

Fausto, actually my point to Joe was that with small wrists the muscle you put on your upper arms looks more impressive because people know it did not just come from bone structure and genes. Look at Frank Zane versus someone like Casey Viator or Franco Columbo. It is obvious that Zane put on more overall quality muscle than the other two big boned individuals. Even Arnold conceded that point to Zane. Therefore, smaller bones can be a boon to a body builder if he is willing to work that extra bit. However, if you just want to look &quot;big&quot;, obviously big bones can be helpful. Personally, I prefer the refined Zane type of physique versus the &quot;built in a box&quot; type that comes with big bones. Everybody is different! The big &quot;boners&quot; look great on stage but look bulky with clothes on. Small boned body builders look smaller on the stage but much better with clothes on, according to many surveys taken of women. Plus its nice to be able to tuck your shirt in! Unfortunately, no one consults with us at inception as which type we would prefer down the road.
cool.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Mar. 02 2008,05:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have 6.5&quot;, rather small, and 15&quot; guns on a small 5'6&quot; body!</div>
Do you take measurements flexed? Would be interesting to know as my wrists are 6.9&quot; and upper arms are 15&quot; flexed, but unflexed, they're just a tiny 13.2&quot;.

Back