Steves Reeves Routine

<div>
(XFatMan @ Mar. 02 2008,12:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Fausto @ Mar. 02 2008,05:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have 6.5&quot;, rather small, and 15&quot; guns on a small 5'6&quot; body!</div>
Do you take measurements flexed? Would be interesting to know as my wrists are 6.9&quot; and upper arms are 15&quot; flexed, but unflexed, they're just a tiny 13.2&quot;.</div>
I, like others, always take measurements flexed and cold.

So, I have become an avid fan of Mr. Reeves. I came across these standards of a classic physique. What do you guys think?

BB.com link
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Here is the height-to-weight chart for building a classic physique:

* 5'5&quot; - 160 lbs.
* 5'6&quot; - 165 lbs.
* 5'7&quot; - 170 lbs.
* 5'8&quot; - 175 lbs.
* 5'9&quot; - 180 lbs.
* 5'10&quot; - 185 lbs.
* 5'11&quot; - 190 lbs.
* 6'0&quot; - 200 lbs.
* 6'1&quot; - 210 lbs.
* 6'2&quot; - 220 lbs.
* 6'3&quot; - 230 lbs.
* 6'4&quot; - 240 lbs.
* 6'5&quot; - 250 lbs.

And here are the corresponding muscle-to-bone ratios:

* Arm Size = 252% Of Wrist Size
* Calf Size = 192% Of Ankle Size
* Neck Size = 79% Of Head Size
* Chest Size = 148% Of Pelvis Size
* Waist Size = 86% Of Pelvis Size
* Thigh Size = 175% Of Knee Size
</div>

So how come it only goes down to 5'5&quot;...?
sad.gif

I'd say they were about 2 inches too tall for those weights, e.g. 5'10&quot; should be 200 pounds.

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Apr. 08 2008,15:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'd say they were about 2 inches too tall for those weights, e.g. 5'10&quot; should be 200 pounds.</div>
It depends on bodyfat levels.
A guy at 5'10&quot; 5% bodyfat and 185 lb.s would look really muscular, totaly shredded and quite big with about 175 lb.s lbm. If he gained nothing but fat until he was 205 lb.s, he would have the same amount of muscle but more like 15% bodyfat which is what most guys carry.

<div>
(Old and Grey @ Apr. 08 2008,15:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'd say they were about 2 inches too tall for those weights, e.g. 5'10&quot; should be 200 pounds.</div>
If that's true, then at 233, I am 7 lbs under the optimal weight for my height!
tounge.gif

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 08 2008,16:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
It depends on bodyfat levels.
A guy at 5'10&quot; 5% bodyfat and 185 lb.s would look really muscular, totaly shredded and quite big with about 175 lb.s lbm. If he gained nothing but fat until he was 205 lb.s, he would have the same amount of muscle but more like 15% bodyfat which is what most guys carry.</div>
Yeah, the Steve Reeves / Frank Zane classic looks require sub-10% body fat. Weight is just an arbitrary number.

Bump to O&amp;G.
So at 5'11&quot;, I'm 20lbs overweight at 210? I only see the need to cut a bit off the abdomen before bulking again, and I doubt I'll be 190. I guess &quot;classic&quot; just isn't my taste, except when I'm playing guitar.  
smile.gif

Wannabeebigger!

Well, I think the Classic Physique is modeled at low body fat percentages. I think a similar physique can be acquire at even 10% body fat. This would grant higher weights for each height of course!

Yeah, no way someone can be a shredded (~8% bodyfat) 220 at 6 feet tall and be natural. Martin Berkhan aka Work, on Lyle's site is around 195 at 5% bodyfat and he's about 6 feet tall. I think he's probably at about the natural limit for most people at that height. Take him up to 8% bodyfat and I doubt he could get much heaver than 200-205.

Of course adding some test into the equation - even just getting someone to the very top end of the normal range - would skew the results quite a bit.

Staying at 5% bf for extended periods of time is usually not a healthy thing to do. My assumption on changing the chart was based on 10% average bf. The average man-on-the-street is about 22-23%. Most fairly serious recreational lifters are between 10 and 15%. Competitors typically shed an additional 5% or so to take off 10 pounds to get into contest shape and come in at around 5%. Some guys, however, have been known to lose 75 pounds for a contest. Obviously they were pretty fat to begin with.    
biggrin.gif

Quad, if you think the my chart is skimpy on the pounds, take a look at the BMI charts the physicians use. According to them I am borderline OBESE and you would be over-the-top. Maybe we better start sticking our fingers down our throats.    
sad.gif

Didn't read all the posts...but I will say this...to get shredded or cut...most of us (including myself) probably need to lose a good 10 to 15 pounds more than we realistically think!

Its easy to think 10 pounds can make you look cut or even 15 pounds...but most of the time TRUE cutting to 6% bodyfat is dropping LOTS of pounds.

Most guys drop the 15 to 20 pounds and are not ripped and start freaking out about how small they are looking and how baggy there clothes are...and end up bulking back up again and never knowing what they truely looked like being CUT.

There seems to be a stage were you go from Bulky muscular look----> to skinny small my clothes are too big look...before you get to the -----> im ripped as hell and carry a good amount of muscle when cut look. IMO!

&lt;---------------------- Lets use my picture as an example in my avatar.

I am at about 11% bodyfat is this picture...give or take 1% or so.

To get my abs to pop and look really cut I would need to drop another 10 to 12 pounds....to look lean!

Maybe even 15 to look shredded!

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Apr. 09 2008,21:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Didn't read all the posts...but I will say this...to get shredded or cut...most of us (including myself) probably need to lose a good 10 to 15 pounds more than we realistically think!

Its easy to think 10 pounds can make you look cut or even 15 pounds...but most of the time TRUE cutting to 6% bodyfat is dropping LOTS of pounds.

Most guys drop the 15 to 20 pounds and are not ripped and start freaking out about how small they are looking and how baggy there clothes are...and end up bulking back up again and never knowing what they truely looked like being CUT.

There seems to be a stage were you go from Bulky muscular look----> to skinny small my clothes are too big look...before you get to the -----> im ripped as hell and carry a good amount of muscle when cut look. IMO!</div>
So true. Unfortunately.
sad.gif

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Apr. 09 2008,21:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Didn't read all the posts...but I will say this...to get shredded or cut...most of us (including myself) probably need to lose a good 10 to 15 pounds more than we realistically think!

There seems to be a stage were you go from Bulky muscular look----> to skinny small my clothes are too big look...before you get to the -----> im ripped as hell and carry a good amount of muscle when cut look. IMO!</div>
How big were Reeves' arms? I am definitely looking up to Reeves and Zane as the model body builders!

Unfortunately, I am going through the situation that Joe is describing. My arms are starting to lose size (down to 16.25&quot;), but I will keep trucking away! I realize that I am 23, and I have great genetics for muscle building, so I'll take my losses now and let muscle memory stay on my side after my road to 10%!

Back