The Road to 10%

<div>
(il_dottore @ Mar. 18 2008,09:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Do you measure 1,3 or 7 points?

I would know, because I'm 13-14% with 1 point, 11% with 3 points and 15,5% with scale</div>
I calculate based on weighted averages of multiple equations. 40% of my final bf% number comes from caliper measurements based on seven points. I will frequently measured the abdominal and supraspinale. Sometimes I will also measure my chest. Rarely do I measure thigh, subscapular, triceps and calf areas.

I have not updated those numbers in at least 8 months. Perhaps they are due for an update? Trouble is, if those numbers lower than my bf% calc may drop below 12% and I know I am not 12% yet thanks to lingering love handles. However, I do have visible upper abs.

I don't know but from your last pictures on post 203, you look around 17-18%. You have a very large tummy, you have fat on pecs and I can't see abs

<div>
(il_dottore @ Mar. 19 2008,05:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> I don't know but from your last pictures on post 203, you look around 17-18%.
You have a very large tummy, you have fat on pecs and I can't see abs</div>
18-20% id say.

with out being negative colby there has to be something off with the bf measurements as im just under 15% and im much leaner, no offense you are making progress and thats what matters .

you are pretty heavy now at 240lbs-ish, you would look jacked if you get down to 10%,.

its a goal ive set for myself, damn hard work while your trying to grow still.

good luck.

I am open to criticism guys, but I do know this... I will not accept a result of 12% body fat until my love handles are gone, so we'll see how my progress goes until I hit 12% to really see where I was at. Nevertheless, there is no point to change my models now as I only measure to track progress. I have accepted the fact that I may not reach my goal in 10 weeks, but I will do my best to get as close as I can and keep on trucking afterwards!

<div>
(il_dottore @ Mar. 19 2008,05:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't know but from your last pictures on post 203, you look around 17-18%. You have a very large tummy, you have fat on pecs and I can't see abs</div>
Maybe it is time to post new pictures? April 1st sounds like a good time!

As long as your making positive progress, that's all that really matters!
KEEP ON TRUCKIN'!!
smile.gif

From my experience, measure only suprailiac area (1&quot; above hipbone &amp; 5&quot; far from belly button) is more realistic than 3 or 7 points

<div>
(il_dottore @ Mar. 20 2008,05:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">From my experience, measure only suprailiac area (1&quot; above hipbone &amp; 5&quot; far from belly button) is more realistic than 3 or 7 points</div>
I actually measure on the exact side where my love handles are at their thickest which is about 6 to 7 inches away from my navel.

Weighed in at 235 today - triceps and lower back are sore from painting, so at least I am getting some type of muscular strain this week! I'll be moving furniture yet again this weekend, and next week I will be back to the iron!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Mar. 20 2008,08:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I actually measure on the exact side where my love handles are at their thickest which is about 6 to 7 inches away from my navel.  </div>
You know this is the point I'm talking about

fig1.gif

Thank you il_dottore, I know that is the place of measurement, but this is where I have been measuring and will continue to since it measures progress the best:

guys-beach-body-love-handles-400a050307.jpg

<div>
(il_dottore @ Mar. 20 2008,05:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">From my experience, measure only suprailiac area (1&quot; above hipbone &amp; 5&quot; far from belly button) is more realistic than 3 or 7 points</div>
don't mean to hijack...

But I usually do the 7 pt.
My question is if you just measure that area is it the skinfold size that that becomes your percentage?

<div>
(colby2152 @ Mar. 20 2008,10:32)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
guys-beach-body-love-handles-400a050307.jpg
</div>
Finally, Colby posts a photo...!
smile.gif

<div>
(AKUFADUM @ Mar. 20 2008,11:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
don't mean to hijack...

But I usually do the 7 pt.
My question is if you just measure that area is it the skinfold size that that becomes your percentage?</div>
There are developed equations that use the skin fold measurements as parameters.

Are you in the pictures?
Congratulations you've done great improvments. You've visible ABS and love handles also
laugh.gif

Anyway, the only important thing is BF decreasing. The method we use is not so important other than to have the same references.

Congratulations

<div>
(il_dottore @ Mar. 21 2008,07:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Are you in the pictures?
Congratulations you've done great improvments. You've visible ABS and love handles also
laugh.gif

Anyway, the only important thing is BF decreasing. The method we use is not so important other than to have the same references.

Congratulations</div>
Ummm, no that is not a picture of me. I used it as a reference picture to where I take caliper measurements. Pictures will be posted in April.

It's been 20 days since my last workout, and this week is not looking like I will be able to make my comeback. Therefore, it will be about 24 days till I work out again with the ol' iron. I'm not one for quitting, but I think I should scrap my 14th cycle and move on with something new and fresh. Perhaps part 5x5, part Max-Stim or a hybrid setup between HST, 5x5 and MS?

<div>
(BAX67 @ Mar. 26 2008,21:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">How's the house coming along(painting,etc.)?
rock.gif
</div>
Excellent. Our first paint job on the master bedroom went great, but we still have to do the border some time. Two guest rooms need to be finished up, furniture and boxes in the garage need to be sorted and clothes, books, pictures, movies, etc... need to be organized. I think lifting may be a possibility tonight?

Ouch, the whole not lifting thing doesn't sound fun... but at least you get to focus on important stuff. Good luck with trying to make time tonight.

Back