Where'd you get your username?

Bryan Haycock

Administrator
Staff member
I've always wondered about how people come up with their "user names", or the name they use on the message boards. Sure, some are obvious like, "BeHyuge", but others I just can't seem to figure out. So let us know how you came up with your username. :)

I have a very nutty and wacky best friend, who for some reason would make up silly names and there and there out of nowhere and would keep repeating them over and over. Keep in mind, this is from the ages of about 12 to 17. He is a little more mature now.

Bryan - you forgot to tell us about your own!
worship.gif

Mine is simply the English/Germanic name the original norse god of war and bravery. For some reason he lost popularity and the title was given to Thor.

The concept of the Conqueror Worm.

It lives in your brain and it won't let you die, adapting the host's physiology to match and best any threat.

Drive-thru records: record label in the US that many of my favorite bands have signed with.

on a sidenote, Baoh yours was cool before, but now that i know what i means its so much cooler :)

Mine is a sort of inside joke amongst my friends and I. When we were younger, we sort of developed our own slang, based on stupid things that were said. If something is cool, it's insane, so I guess that makes me a cool guy
crazy.gif

mikeynov = Michael Novak, obviously, my actual name.

'mikey' and 'nov' being both the nicknames my friends tend to call me merged :p

When I was in highschool about 8 years ago, my best friend and I used to hang out at the Second Cup on davisville and yonge in toronto, and they played Julios Iglesias there. We grew to love the place and nicknamed it julio's - then at the end of '97 when i got my first computer, i installed icq and was faced with the task of choosing a user name, so i chose julios, since it meant something to me. (pronounced joolios though not hoolio like it's supposed to)

xeno is my gaming clan ( www.xenoclan.com ), although I haven't played for months, so my online nick became [xeno]Julios, and i've stuck with it on forums.

It's a Marvel character that I like, also I ride a black bike (ok, ok... it's only a Vespa
tounge.gif
) and sometimes I act like a 'hothead' :D
Some friends of mine used to call me Logan (Wolverine), because I'm hairy and irascible :D

Mine is pretty obvious - Blade, the Daywalker :D I'm a fan of Vampires, martial arts, and swordplay, so I really loved the movie... Also, my first name starts with a 'B'.

aristophanes is my name...to prevent problems i call myself stephen. i introduce myself very clearly as stephen, yet people always end up calling me stevie.

Mine is a reflection of a hobby; I do a lot of soccer refereeing. Arbitro is Latin in orgin, meaning "arbiter" or "judge", or in this case, "referee." Being addressed as "arbitro" is common from Latin & Hispanic players -- among other terms if the game isn't going the way they want. ;)

Mine is partially the result of endless attempts to find a name I like on Hotmail without having to use a stupid "I'm not original nor the only one" number after it. A wraith is a ghost according to Websters. Some D&D type games claim a wraith is a vampiric type of ghost. The mind portion could mean its a vampiric ghost which slowly drains your mind of sanity. But in reality it just makes a cool name for Quake and CounterStrike or Urban Terror.

What a fun thread, Bryan!
thumbs-up.gif

Kate's pretty obvious... given name is Kathleen.

My AOL IM is IronDiva55, the 55 being my "model year" as I am not the original or only IronDiva
tounge.gif
My eldest daughter is an accomplished dancer and at one time was nicknamed the "Tap Diva" by her instructor, so I borrowed the idea from her. Since then, my sister (who raises horses instead of children... smart woman) changed her screen name to EquiDiva, and my mother, who is a Mary Kay lady, is PinkDiva.

Guess we're a whole family of Divas...

I occasionally sign on to other sites as "herHUGEness". She's kind of an alter ego though, and that's all I'll say about that...

What's in name? A lifter by any other name would smell as sweet
laugh.gif

Kate

Back