Where'd you get your username?

Actually, my real name is John- Jake is just a nic I've had for quite a while. Coincidentally, it's also the name of my incredibly tenacious yet sweetie of a dog (he's part terrier- nuff said). Not that I'm trying to emulate him or anything, but if he could lift a bar, he'd probably bench 500 easy. He's one tough dog- I think he grew up in a junkyard or something!

An old training buddy (who is currently the strongest man in the Mid-West and ranks in the world in his weight class) used to call me Mr. Bizness cause I did not like to talk when I worked out, I was "all business in the gym" he would say. It became Bizness, then shortened to Biz, which is now tattooed to my shoulder and is my monicker for e-mail and other web-sites. Even my wife calls me Biz and has taught my 17 month old daughter to call me Bizzy.
blush.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm Polish. My first name is Edward. "Edziu" is a Polish nickname for Edward; it's the equivalent of the English "Eddie."

Hah... I always assumed you were asian! You commented about your little asian wife and her HST experiences, and I always figured Ziu was an east asian last name. That would make you one darn big asian though.

I stand corrected.
tounge.gif
Good thread!

Wish it was because of my ideal abs (I'm more like a 4 pack), but my name come's from just being an average every day run of the mill guy who live's in fly-over country and live's life like a normal person. Still... 6pack abs ain't that bad an idea! :)

The local bike shop runs commercials with "Erik the Bike man". Since then the name kind of stuck.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ericthebikeman @ Dec. 09 2003,9:07)]The local bike shop runs commercials with "Erik the Bike man". Since then the name kind of stuck.
Are you located in MN (Twin Cities) by any chance?

Mine is two things actually:

1. Mine and my wife's names= Ron/Nancy
2. A twist on one of my favorite movie characters= Conan*

*speaking of Conan, I bet my governor can kick your governor's butt! j/k :D

On the thinkmuscle board I commented that I hope I had not reached my genetic potential at 145 pds (after years of Heavy Duty/SS/HIT and not growing).

Someone said I must be the Keebler Elf of HST. Thought is was funny. I don't even know what the hell that is!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Keebler Elf @ Dec. 14 2003,12:52)]Someone said I must be the Keebler Elf of HST. Thought is was funny. I don't even know what the hell that is!
Maybe this: Keebler Elf

Thomas Cilius Hansen is my name... Cilius is unusual enough never to be taken on any board I visit :)

It is what I am being called IRL as well (in Denmark it seems that 35% is named Thomas :D)...

I am from the Eastern Canadian province of Nova Scotia birth place of the famous racing ship the Bluenose. People from this area are some times called bluenosers

Back