Why HST won't work in real life

Mad_Machine

It's obvious.

Training submaximally most of the time? U gots to be kidding me!

That way, you are sure you get less strength gains in the long run, which also translates to less hypertrophy.  You should call this Hypertrophy-Discriminating-Training, as all you do is compromise your gain.

What I don't get is why you guys here fall for this cruddy philosophy.

Here are more observations, which I'd like any of you try to counter instead of just labeling me an "idiot" for not believing the same thing as you.

1.) This site has nothing but empty words. No real meat. I'm yet to see someone who trained solely on HST and is a really big hulking person now. Everybody here just yaks and yaks.

2.) No support for the community is also present. Like I said, everybody just yaks and yaks. No wonder the ONLINE STORE IS CLOSING DOWN, and the owner had to give away his stuff. If you really had faith in this community, this HST, and the owner, why in the goddam hell would it close down. Simple, because you didn't support him, because deep down most of you probably know this is junk. Try answering that.

3.) Talking about science WONT make you bigger. So all you nerds out there who want to feel important, shove it up your behind! No wonder no progress happens here, all we have here are pencil-necked geeks who probably can't bench press their bodyweight, but they wanna "feel accepted" so they read a text book and consider themselves "experts" in not just HST but also bodybuilding.

4.) There are really only a couple of guys (who are all nerds, probably) who regularly and consistently answer posts like DanMoore, FAust, Totetnatz, jroig, oldgrey, joemuscl, faz, anda  few others who i'm sure are nerds too. I mean:
       a.) DanMoore - dude, all that science won't make you arnold, nor will putting up a hundred sites on even more geekery. I'm not that much up to speed on science facts, but if you wanna be a geek, fine, follow this guy. If you wanna be big and buff, go HIT
      b. ) Jvroig - seriously, guys, you wanna take advice from him? Someone who has justice league batman for an avatar? I bet all he does is *wish* he was batman and *pretend* to be able to bench his bodyweight without hurting his pencil-neck. And you welcomed him back like he was someone *worth* a crap? Seriously, if you wanna or do take advice from that guy, you must be a retard. Case closed.
    c.) Old&G - you wanna take *modern* *applicable* advice from someone probably older than your grandfather? Half the time he even seems to counter HST philosophy, probably because among all members here, he's the only one who ACTUALLY knows what he's doing
    d.) Joe.Muscle = you should change your name to Joe.Blow that would be more apt. All you do is swallow that crap people here like those mentioned above give to you, and you pass THAT crap to others who will, thanks to you and the others, be doomed and never get the body they want.
   e. AaronF and Fausto - does Aaron's F mean Fausto? Because these two "experts" are like the opposite sides of a coin. Aaron is just a retard who loves to kill the joy out of people, while Fausto is so *happy* all the time. He even started a retard thread to welcome back a retard friend of his (the welcome back batman thread, which refers to his retard friend jvroig).  *SHIVER*
    f.) Totnetanz = I don't get this dude, he's like an Aaron wannabe. Dude, being Aaron is simple. Eat beer and pizza all the time till your gut is bigger than a basketball, then type away in the computer and shoot down people and tell them how superior you are. Oh wait, you are doing half of that right already. Good job! *sarcastic of course*

I know the admin will probably just be dying to DELETE this without even bothering to answer any of my many points. I wouldn't be surprised. That's typical of faker sites, and will serve to reinforce my points.

I just pray noobs get to read this and be warned before it is deleted. I hope you noobs don't get caught here, unless these guys can *ACTUALLY* prove me wrong, if they even bother to.

-The Real Deal

Post a picture if you want any intelligent answers. No one is going to reply to some wild rantings from an internet tough guy who, for all we know, weighs 98 pounds. I didn't see one intelligent comment in your post. And, yes, I have challenged sub maximal weights but only for my particular situation at a specific point in my training. For the average person who SD's correctly, submaximal weights are as good as maximal weights. However, I won't waste your time with the science behind it because you don't believe in science. If your goal is to work as hard as you have to get maximum growth, that's fine by me. I prefer to put out the least amount of effort to get the maximum growth. I have a life besides lifting weights and enjoy it immensely. You should consider getting one yourself.

Good luck in your training.
wink.gif

Sorry if it seemed like a madman's rant. It wasn't supposed to be.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Post a picture if you want any intelligent answers. No one is going to reply to some wild rantings from an internet tough guy who, for all we know, weighs 98 pounds.</div>
Well you did. And you said you had a life.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">... And, yes, I have challenged sub maximal weights</div>
Thanks for confirming what I said about you. You should now try to either defend or, to my delight, confirm what I said about your other friends.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> I didn't see one intelligent comment in your post.</div>
You didn't seem to bother to WANT to find any. I believe i did make some valid comments, like:
1. Working submaximally will hinder strength gains, which I believe you think is almost right.
2. No support for the community. The owner even lost his business because this HST community evidently didn't support him. It was mentioned there's more than 5000 members here, if even just 10% were loyal &quot;customers&quot;, his protein drinks wouldn't have had to close. So, O&amp;G, you didn't seem to want to dare answer that.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
However, I won't waste your time with the science behind it because you don't believe in science. </div>
I do believe in science, I ust don't approve of the &quot;overkill&quot; the nerds - I mean good people - here make. I know about the CT buildup, and that it won't go away for several weeks or months (so SD really is counterintuitive). I also know about all the microdamage stuff, and how it is necessary for satellite cell nuclei to be donated if hypertrophy is desired which necessitates frequency (but even once a week will do that, to a lesser degree of course, as long as it is regular and you stick with it)

Don't mind this second post.

Try looking over my first post and try answering either about the submaximal thingy, or any of my four additional observations.

Nice trolling.

If you did a search, you'd see that your issues with HST have already been addressed in the past.

FWIW, I don't see how HST can't work. Seems like it has worked for me so far. I could dig up a pic from last year, since I don't have any recent ones, but I'm sure you'd just say I was fat and/or that it was a picture from someone else.

Trolls like you are a waste of time. You've already made up your mind about HST, so why should any of us bother trying to educate you?

To Totentanz:

No i am *not* a troll.

And good job supporting Haycock's store by the way. Thanks to guys like you, he's got more money than God.

Oh wait, he doesn't. His protein supplement store is closing. That shows how much you support him.

About SD:

Look, you're accusing me of having &quot;made up&quot; my mind and my concern being &quot;answered&quot;. But taking a break for a week or two simply won't really be enough to remove the adaptations that have happened. It's counterintuitive once you take that into account. Even Haycock said it just &quot;worked&quot; without having a real detailed explanation as to why it works, all he has is a hypothesis that it is &quot;enough&quot; to make &quot;sufficiently lighter&quot; weights effective again, whatever that means. For all the science you guys tout, no one seems to confirm that without just saying &quot;I gained like crazy&quot;

About &quot;educating&quot; me:
Fine, then don't try with the science. You still didn't and probably couldn't answer the other practical ones - like why the store got broke despite a few thousand people here.

i like dorian yates but i have never bought his stuff either.
i personaly dont use suppliments i prefer real food,and we are not forced into buying bryans suppliments.

Who cares about the store. That seems to be your main focus as to why HST doesn't work. Bryan hasn't ever said 'yo bros, buy some of my stuff because im poor' or anything like that. And SD? Yeah that one is debatable.

You said specifically that HST will not work because you are working with submaximal weights. That is a poor comment because you are also simultaneously saying that several other methodologies, such as 5x5 (which has produced strong athletes for decades) are also worthless, because you begin with submaximal weights.
Your body will respond to lighter weights. Can you give a good reason why it won't? No, you can't.

BTW, it is logical to assume you are a troll considering that your first post simply made personal attacks, instead of saying &quot;Hey guys, I don't understand how HST can work, please educate me.&quot;
So yeah, you are basically a troll, either that your an undergrown child who's self esteem is so low that he has to come on here and immediately start attacking people in an attempt to make himself feel superior - gee, isn't that what you accused me of doing? Funny, isn't it?

If you want to know about the science, try using that button that says &quot;SEARCH&quot; since this type of argument, specifically HIT vs HST, has been gone over many, many times in the past.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i like dorian yates but i have never bought his stuff either.
i personaly dont use suppliments i prefer real food,and we are not forced into buying bryans suppliments.</div>

Well, isn't that a little selfish or ungrateful?
Haycock gave away HST for free and - you claim - gives &quot;miraculous&quot; results. Yet, you didn't bother to buy his stuff, even just to support him given that he's been so generous (and I believe he is a generous guy, my hat's off to him, shame his store's broke, but I don't quite agree with everything he made in HST).

Sure none of you are forced. Didn't it even strike any of you that the least you could do for Haycock was atleast buy a few of his stuff just to help him? He already gave HST away for free, after all.

P.S.: If I were a troll, first thing I probably would have done was make fun of Bryan Haycock's name as I'm sure you would notice is a little &quot;tempting&quot;. But I'm not a troll. And I have a ton of respect for Mr. Haycock. It is a shame his store got broke, as I'm sure his products were high quality. I just don't agree with HST philosophy right now, that's all. I'm not an EVIL dude as some of you are probably thinking.

Why should we take out time from our day to explain HST to you, when everything you need is on this forum waiting to be read, and considering that your opening post here was insulting several of us? Yeah, lots of incentive to help educate you right there.

Hey Toten
smile.gif

Don't let him get under your skin. You know, &quot;don't feed the trolls&quot; and all that.

(Ok, fine, Mr. &quot;Real Deal&quot;, sure you aren't a troll, but you acted like one, so we just have to assume you were. We rarely have trolls here, you know, you're actually the first one i've seen)

Don't make him ruin your day, Toten. After all, he did have some funny posts (pointless, immature, senseless... but you hav to agree, they were kinda funny)
biggrin.gif

Here's my favorite:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">does Aaron's F mean Fausto? </div>
Oh yeah, this guy must be smoking crack or way worse in his pipe!
laugh.gif

<div>
(jvroig @ Jun. 28 2006,14:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hey Toten  
smile.gif

Don't let him get under your skin. You know, &quot;don't feed the trolls&quot; and all that.

(Ok, fine, Mr. &quot;Real Deal&quot;, sure you aren't a troll, but you acted like one, so we just have to assume you were. We rarely have trolls here, you know, you're actually the first one i've seen)

Don't make him ruin your day, Toten. After all, he did have some funny posts (pointless, immature, senseless... but you hav to agree, they were kinda funny)  
biggrin.gif

Here's my favorite:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">does Aaron's F mean Fausto? </div>
Oh yeah, this guy must be smoking crack or way worse in his pipe!  
laugh.gif
</div>
BTW, what´s way worse then crack? :)

<div>
(Real_Deal @ Jun. 28 2006,13:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It's obvious.
If you wanna be big and buff, go HIT
     </div>
The HIT community has been putting its message out for a good 30 years now.  How come the bodybuilding stages and powerlifting competitions aren't just full of guys doing one set to failure every seven days or so?  In fact, how come nobody (including Dorian) got there training that way?  What makes you so certain that increased frequency with decreased intensity doesn't work?

I think Real-Deal has a valid argument. I'm going to look for my old Charles Atlas Dynamic Tension course from the 50's and show all you HST nerds up! First, though. I have to diet down to 98 pounds and get some big guy to kick sand in my face. Then I'll be ready. Look out Coleman! Here comes Old and Grey!
cool.gif

his loss, as I posted in another thread I made more gains strength and physically in the past 6 months with HST then i have in 4 plus years with HIT

Is this guy an indication of another possible side-effect of steroids? Or perhaps he missed a meal? I get a bit grouchy then too.

Hey Real-Deal, why so much aggression? Chill a bit and then tell us about yourself and your superior methods. What have your gains been and how long has it taken you to get them? What kind of workouts are you doing?

Nobody here is dreaming up their gains while using HST principles. I for one have been very pleased. I still have a long way to go to reach my goals (500lb deads and 400lb squats) but I am very pleased with my progress so far.

Bryan can speak for himself but I am sure that one of his main reasons for setting up this site was because he is passionate about lifting and gaining muscle. He had learned plenty of useful stuff and felt happy to pass it on to others. This is the spirit of giving freely. We all appreciate his gift to the community very much.

Talking about science is a part of being interested in what goes on when we train, eat and rest. It is not intended to replace training! Some people are interested in this stuff and some are not. That's fine. Some people talk about cars and engines etc. If you are really interested in building muscle you would respect the folks here more and ask your questions in a more polite manner. Your way of doing things smacks of a very childish approach to debate. Debate is good but you won't get anywhere if you get people's backs up.

As far as the supplements Bryan produced go, they were good but not available to all anyway. Bryan was keen to explain that there was nothing magical about them (just as there is nothing magical about any supplement). They did what they said on the tin.

An HST book was mentioned in the past and whether this will or won't happen I don't know. If it did I would get a copy.

What we have with HST is a set of principles to guide us in fashioning a training program that produces great growth even if we have average genetic potential and are not on AAS.

Is that all bad?  
cool.gif

Forgive me guys...for I am 27 yrs old marriade with kid...corporate job and well long story short I am mature and have common sense....so there is no need for me to act the way I am about too.

But my first reaction to guys like this are...what an a-ss hole. He is like that little punk you grow up knowing always talking junk or trying to be ugly and pick on someone....basically that is what he is doing pickingon HST.

Look Real Deal, you do not mean nothing but harm by saying what you are saying....everybody at this forum takes the high road..there are great guys here...and I know enough about my brothers in Iron here to know they will take the high road with you...but for me just an old fashioned guy...I seem to feel different about people like you...why do the right thing...sometimes the right thing just doesn't feel as good.

It seems you just want to pick a fight...so be careful in the real world who you do this too...you can get by with it here on Internet world...but if you walked up to someones business, hotdog stand or any other gym or establishment in america you might find yourself in a bad, and bruised situation.

I highly doubt you would walk into HST Forum if it were a business and speak to all of us the way you just did. We are hear to help people...bottom line.

I have trained hit....I have seen the day when I could outlift you in volume I am sure...unless of course 35 sets for chest is not enought for you...bottom line is science is not perfect but it does point us in the right direction over theory.

If you just went by theory the world would be flat.

My advice is be careful in the real world with this hatred attitude you never know when you might just find your @ss laying on the ground engaged in a ARM bar and then a rear naked choke, b/c the guy you just picked on took care of your attitude.

Only fight you ever deserve to lose is the one you pick.....and you just picked one with us.

Welcome to HST and watch out for those ARMBARS...they really hurt!

<div>
(Real_Deal @ Jun. 28 2006,13:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I know the admin will probably just be dying to DELETE this without even bothering to answer any of my many points. I wouldn't be surprised. That's typical of faker sites, and will serve to reinforce my points.</div>
Hey Real Dead, thanks for your posts. I hope nobody does delete your stuff cus it has been the first thing to put a smile on my face today. Its been a bad day and you are one hell of a funny guy. Sort of WWF wrestler shouting styley but doesn't make any sense.

When you stop being so angry with the world you could try HST and then you would know that these guys you are slagging off know their stuff and we are the community and unfortunately now so are you. Sort of.
J
tounge.gif

Back