Wungun's Lifting And Eating Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by wungun, Oct 25, 2014.

1. mickc1965

mickc1965 Well-Known Member

currently 178lbs, so jut 20lbs, 3.5 inches shorter though

2. wungun

wungun Member

Did your Dr. say your kidneys are being effected by the creatine? How much were you taking?

3. mickc1965

Had blood tests for anti-coagulation (daily nose bleeds) which came back clear, but the 'serum creatinine' levels came back as borderline so have to have another blood test next Monday. The doctor said I should stop taking creatine (5g per day) and protein supplements just to make sure that it is not those that have my levels up high and hopefully levels have reduced otherwise it could be 'bad' news for my kidneys. I have read that high protein diets can also elevate levels but not sure if 1.75 to 2g per lb of body weight is considered 'high'

4. wungun

wungun Member

I would very much say 1.75 to 2g a day are high, when you consider the national food guidelines for intake. Did you tell your Dr. how much protein you eat?

5. mickc1965

I did mention it and no doubt if levels are still high they will suggest I reduce protein intake, maybe they were not expecting me to increase the protein eaten to compensate for the protein lost from not taking supplements!!

6. wungun

wungun Member

Did you check your protein powders ingredients? Sometimes they add creatine...

7. mickc1965

No creatine in my protein powder

8. wungun

wungun Member

Keep us posted Mick....

9. TangoDown

TangoDown Member

Good luck Mick. I did a couple of 24 hour urine tests some months ago and asked the doc if creatine supplementation would effect my creatinine levels and he said it would but to a very marginal extent. But here's hoping your situation is fine.

The creatine in protein powders is generally negligible. It's just a ploy for people to buy it.

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

5g dosing is 'fine'. I strongly doubt that your serum creatine is affecting nose bleeds, but they probably want to eliminate variables.

2g per lb of bodyweight is extremely high IMO. I would say 2 - 2.5gm / kg is the maximum you'll ever need, even on juice. I take slightly higher strictly for satiation purposes (my appetite is crazy).

11. wungun

wungun Member

Today's weight: 160.4lbs (0lbs) (2.0lbs total)
    Going back 2 weeks to the beginning of my bulk, I'm up 2.0lbs. 3000cal seems to be the target.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  12. wungun

wungun Member

Weigh in: 161.0lbs (1.4lbs for the week) (3.4lbs total)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  13. wungun

wungun Member

Weigh in: 160.8lbs (week3 - 0.2lbs) (3.2lbs total)
    [​IMG]

14. wungun

wungun Member

Weigh in: 160.6lbs (3lbs total)

Been off the Champix for almost a week now... Taking phsylium fiber daily every AM. This afternoon, I think I probably had one of the biggest shits I've ever had! Very satisfying! Lol
    That'll likely show up on the scales tomorrow :)

Dropped the dips to give my shoulders a break for now...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  15. wungun

wungun Member

Weight: 160lbs (2.4lbs total)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. wungun

wungun Member

Weight: no change 160lbs

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. wungun

wungun Member

160.2lbs (2.6lbs)

18. wungun

wungun Member

163lbs (+5.4lbs)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. wungun

wungun Member

Well...I hit PR's on a few exercises this week. However, my left delt feels like I torn something (been like that for awhile) but really noticeable on my curls (?)
    And now, I've come down with a nasty cold. Fuk!
    I think I'll take this time to SD then start over at the 15rm's in a few weeks.
    Not happy...

20. TangoDown

TangoDown Member

An SD is 9-12 days, not a few weeks.

Delt pain and during bicep curls sounds like an issue with the bicep tendon. You probably have some tendonitis. You would know if you really tore something up there. Take the SD and come back.

Also drop the curls. You're doing rows, chins, and pullups. You don't need anything else for your biceps.