10 x 3 madness

• Thread starter imported_drpierredebs
  • Start date
Pierre,

What are you using for your rest time between triplets?

Also how are you planning on progressing the load?

<div>
(Peak_Power @ Dec. 06 2006,15:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm thinking 10x3 using m-time (3 reps instead of 1) would be quite effective, and quicker.</div>
Yes it is and many do this, but also understand MS continually increases the load which can, in some cases, equate to &gt;RM for that rep range so at some point it may be more benefical to drop down from triplets to singles but still hammer out the same number of reps.

Also, when working with this type of weight the fatigue comes fast and continually do trips may build up more fatigue which will cause longer rest periods. Remember PCr half times are about 14-30 secs or so depending on the extent of depletion, so the rest periods between trips vs. singles may need to be longer before the next set. This would increase the time to completion of the workout dramatically.

Pierre's experience with the profuse sweating is the same seen with Max-Stim, I have been trying to find why these fatigue managment systems produce such perspiration but haven't pinned it down yet. I am sure it has a lot to do with how the aerobic system is used more to replenish PCr and also the heat produced by the intense contractions needed and the consequent ATP turnover. I just haven't had the time lately to do a lot of research on it.

Anyway, Pierre I hope you keep this log going I find it very interesting.

Day 3- 10 x 3 : Back Squats, Bent rows ( Pendly), Military press, Close grip Supinated pull downs, Dips. Rest between triplets: 50-60 seconds. Off days 1-2 hours Bike Training on the roller 65-75% max heqart rate.

Not so much sweating today-but 800 calries burned in 60 minutes.

1 hour b4 workouts: Oj mixed with 45grams BIOCHEM SPORTS Tri Protein Plus Powder
immediatly before workout: 6 grams pure amino acid powder ( AMSport) plus 1.5 grams Kre-Alkyl mixed in water:
Immediately after work out, same as pre work out: 6 grams pure amino acid powder ( AMSport) plus 1.5 grams Kre-Alkyl mixed in water

1 hour after workout: dinner, today it was all you can eat sushi, I ate mostly salmon!

I will post my starting weights over the weekend. I plan to keep this thread as a secondary log type of thing. I hope it works out well because I am really grooving on the 10 x 3, I feel much better the day after( as compared to my beloved 5 x 5 which I did for 6 straight months with no real break- I know it was optimal but I never had the feeling I needed a break)

What I absoluetey love about the 10 x 3 is that I am in and out of the gym which makes for less timewatching idiots do 15 degree sqauts with 10x too much weight and listeing to them groan.

I am also keeping the polar records. Here is tuesdays chart.
The clue for the profuse sweating is in the heart rate fluctuations-it looks like interval training-sort of?

Here is todays-every red tick on the bottom is set or triplet. the space between ticks is the rest of between 50-60 seconds.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Dec. 07 2006,13:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Here is todays-every red tick on the bottom is set or triplet. the space between ticks is the rest of between 50-60 seconds.</div>
oops

BTW-here is yesterday bike training graph just for comparison

peirre when you use the roller can you adjust the resistance or not.never used one before just curios.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Dec. 07 2006,13:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am also keeping the polar records. Here is tuesdays chart.
The clue for the profuse sweating is in the heart rate fluctuations-it looks like interval training-sort of?</div>
Excellent
biggrin.gif

<div>
(faz @ Dec. 07 2006,02:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">RUSS why dont you add the 10x3 to the end of your HST cycle instead of negs..you could try as many wks as you feel like when you have maxed out or feeling tired sd.good luck
cool.gif

biggrin.gif
</div>
Great Idea! Seeing as I lift at home and there's really no way my wife could safely spot me the 10x3 seems perfect for replacing the two weeks of negatives for someone like myself.

Great workout! 880 cal in 1 hour 8 minutes.
Squats 10 x 3 x 120Kg
Bentrows 10 x 3 x 95 Kg
Military press 10 x 3 x 60 Kg
Supinated Pull downs 10 x 3 x 110 Kg
Dips 10 x 3 x (Body Weight (96 Kg) plus 25 kg)

All you can eat sushi dinner, mostly Salmon and Asparagus.
1 hour preworkout: 22grams Proteins powder, 3 grams Kre-Alkyl, in Oj
immediately b4 starting 3 grams Amino Acid powder, 10 g malto dextrane
Immediately after workout, the same as immediately preworkout.

I woke up 2.5 kg lighter today which is more than double my usual overnight weight loss.

Another drenched workout, 1 hour 10 minutes 1100 cals!
I was standing in a puddle.

Front squats: 10 x 3 x 90 kg
Deads: 10 x 3 x 145Kg ( My heart was spinning after these!)
standing mil.press: 10 x 3 x 60kg
Dips 10 x 3 x (BW(97 kg) + 30kg)
Sup. Closegrip pull downs: 10 x 3 x 115kilo

All you can eat sushi dinner
Pre and post meals the same as before

Next week I go for a sports diagnostic to measure LBM, Fat%, Cardiac function, Lung vol. etc...so I can update my polar info, plan my mountain bike training, and optimize my caloric intake based on LBM.

Pierre: Interesting log. I note from the screen shots that you are using a Mac. I'm on a Mac too and I was wondering how you get on with the Polar HRM and the software? I ask because I am interested in upgrading my present HRM (currently the Sigma Pulse Computer 1300) given to me by a pal.

Still having fun with 10 x 3
On Wed. I will go for a endurance check to measure my lactate threshold, Lung Vol, heart function, and Body fat'% so I can plan my endurance training for the upcoming Biking race season and to get an accurate LBM measurement for nutritional purposes.

The Sup pull downs did wonders for my chinups whic go like butter now.
Today:

Squats 10 x 3 x 125Kg
Bentrows 10 x 3 x 97,5 Kg
Military press 9 x 3 x 62,5 Kg 8 I couldn´t get the last set
Supinated chins ups 10 x 3 x BW 96kg plus 5 kg weight
Dips 10 x 3 x (Body Weight (96 Kg) plus 30 kg)

880 cal burned in 1hr 10 minutes.
Not so much sweeting today..I think my body isget used to the current weights and rep scheme.

Most of all I feel f++&amp;% fantastic.

Back