Adding sets for chest

mike_nyc

I've just finished doing my second HST cycle with great results, particularly with my back, chest, and arms. However, my chest development is lagging a little. My chest routine is two sets of incline db flies and one set flat bench press. However, I am going to replace the flat bench with weighted dips.
My question: would doing four sets on the chest be overkill?
For example,
2x Incline Flies
2X Dips

If you are going to do four sets, why not do more exercises? I feel that flies are only really good because of the stretch. I think that incline bench will work better than flies. Right now, I do incline bench and weighted dips, and so far it has worked well... so assuming you really want to keep the flies, why not do 1 set of flies, 1 set of incline bench and 2 sets of dips?

If you don't want to overdo it, then I would drop the dips down to just one set, and only do 3 sets total. I don't know about you, but dips can really kick my butt sometimes, especially when I'm using weight.

u can increase the frequency and volume, like instead of hitting it 3x/wk u can do it 4-5 times, if you can. for 10's you can do 2 sets of incline bench one day, 2 sets of dips the next. i saw some improvement in my chest by adding a few more sets and working out more frequently during the week.

Back