Boycott Planet Fitness

It worked for me.
rock.gif

The most ironic part is that the guy who got kicked out looks like a huge, fit, cut bodybuilder....just the type of guy you want as a living advertisement for your gym, right!?
rock.gif
  The woman who did the kicking out on the other hand looks like a flabby, out-of-shape *'lady'*(edited), and she is a manager of the gym  
rock.gif

I don't get it?  It seems our society is becoming overly effeminate lately.  It is now considered normal for a man to get a manicure, and intolerable for a man to grunt while exercising.  It makes me sick.
tounge.gif

I plan on opening my own gym chain called- Planet 'weak and flabby' rules:

1)No strong, muscular people allowed in gym. Your arms must measure under 14" and you may not have any visible veins or too much muscular definition.

2)No weight-lifting more than 100 lb.s. Anybody caught lifting more than 100 lb.s at any one time will be immediately discharged.

3)No sweating. If anyone exerts themselves so much that perspiration begins to form on their skin, that person must either stop exercising or be expelled.

New rules will be posted at the manger's discretion.
biggrin.gif

Ok, so the manager of the gym is a disgusting out of shape heifer who took offense when a man didn't respect her attempt at abusing her authority.  But, something doesn't seem right here.  This guy is a prison guard, and he's "endured ridicule from colleagues who call him and make grunting noises"
rock.gif
 lol...gimme a break.  Let's see...what else, oh-he fears that inmates will lose respect for him.  Awww...life is so hard.  Seems like the guy is really over reaching, and maybe isn't being honest in his claims, which leads me to suspect that he did curse at the heifer like she claims he did (they have conflicting stories as to how he reacted when told to stop).  

This lame gym is a private business, and they have the right to make whatever rules they desire, and Albert should have known he was not going to appreciate the atmosphere in there.  I mean, they have a lunk alarm with messages all over the walls that you are to report anyone who is louder than a church mouse.  

Unfortunately for us, gyms like that make a ton of money off of people who are easily intimidated by bodybuilders.  The soccer moms and dads who just want to get in there and do a little bit of cardio or light weights once in a while, paying 50 bucks per month to visit the gym maybe 25 times per year.  They don't make any money from bbers who go every day, tear up equipment, and spend 30 minutes in their shower stalls.  Hardcore bbing or powerlifting gyms want huge guys in their places, expensive gyms that cater to the mainstream public want average joes who hardly ever visit.  

All these claims of defamation being made by Albert seem a little silly. I think he's trying to coerce the gym into changing their rules or something.

<div>
(stevejones @ Nov. 18 2006,13:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Seems like the guy is really over reaching, and maybe isn't being honest in his claims, which leads me to suspect that he did curse at the heifer like she claims he did (they have conflicting stories as to how he reacted when told to stop).  

This lame gym is a private business, and they have the right to make whatever rules they desire, and Albert should have known he was not going to appreciate the atmosphere in there.  I mean, they have a lunk alarm with messages all over the walls that you are to report anyone who is louder than a church mouse.  

Unfortunately for us, gyms like that make a ton of money off of people who are easily intimidated by bodybuilders.  The soccer moms and dads who just want to get in there and do a little bit of cardio or light weights once in a while, paying 50 bucks per month to visit the gym maybe 25 times per year.  They don't make any money from bbers who go every day, tear up equipment, and spend 30 minutes in their shower stalls.  Hardcore bbing or powerlifting gyms want huge guys in their places, expensive gyms that cater to the mainstream public want average joes who hardly ever visit.  

All these claims of defamation being made by Albert seem a little silly.  I think he's trying to coerce the gym into changing their rules or something.</div>
I agree about the part where he denies he sweared, etc. He is probably lying. I mean why else would she have called the police? I can picture what happened. He is exercising, he is grunting, she comes over and tells him to stop, maybe even sets off that stupid alarm!
laugh.gif
He is totally outraged that someone is telling him not to make noises and tells her to &quot;shut the fu@* up, &amp;*^%@@$%&amp;**%, I am just trying to get a real work out here!!&quot; (I would do the same thing, honestly!),
mad.gif
laugh.gif
and continues to squat. She is intimidated by this hulking, angry guy who won't respect her authority and calls the police.

Steve jones is right though, obviously this guy and this club don't go together. They want to discriminate against hardcore fitness enthusiasts, so they can make a killing selling memberships to out-of-shape wannabes. There are other gyms out there, and if there is not, maybe he could open his own!
I have been a member of about 5 different gyms, most were pretty cool. Most gyms I went to had an aerobics/machine section for the 'non-body-builder' members who just want to lose flab and tone up, and a free-weights section for the people who want to drop dumbells, bench press a car or grunt while slamming the leg press machine. (this is where pigs like us hang out!
laugh.gif
)

Overall I hate paying money to drive across town to a gym so I can share equipment with people. Which is why I coughed up the money to build my own hard-core free-weight gym. I know this is heaven for me, my music, no sharing equipment, my rules!

I would feel more intimidated by setting off an alarm, than a super newbie would by my grunting.

My YMCA has a no grunting policy but its not enforced. I dont go there anymore. workout at home now since hst is only 3 days a week and i dont want to pay for my SD.

A lot of gyms are stupid like that and its up to people to not be idiots and give them their money. Maybe their friends go their which then id understand.

I would of swore at her too. Ive been in a similar situation before where I said to a woman who was being a btch &quot;youve got to be f'n kidding me&quot; where she then said &quot;dont you swear at me&quot;. i kept my temper down but i wasn't mad until she ordered me not to swear for her incompetence.

In which case its the womans fault for initiating the argument.

but the mans fault for being at such a preppy gym.

We have a clean, decent MEAT gym, mostly freeweights, huge squat area with powerlifing clubs and competitive bodybuilders. Often very noisy, and the music is rock and metal. Down the road are ladies fitness clubs, machine gym, and a yuppie fitness center.

Keeps them out of our way.
Perfect.

Given that the manager referred to the others (I'm assuming clients here) in the gym as &quot;GUESTS,&quot; should we be surprised ? Man, what a place this must be- or, more correctly, what places these must be, considering this is a chain policy. I will use this next time my wife complains about the cage in the bedroom (yeah, well, we don't have room for it anywhere else
biggrin.gif
)

The gym I go to discourages big guys from joining. It has rubber mats on the floor and the weights have a rubber coating. They usually don't have a problem with an occasional weight hitting the floor, but there is one guy who works there and I thought someone was going to rip his head off.

My grip was giving out on at the end of a set of deadlifts so I dropped the bar, about 440 pounds. No one said a word. About 5 minutes later, the guy next to me who was squatting, takes the bar (225 pounds) off the rack and puts it down on the floor to do deadlifts. One of the trainers jumps all over him threatening to kick him out if he keeps dropping the weights.

Anyway, most commercial gyms suck. I hate going to the one power rack and there's only 10's and 5's there.
mad.gif

That kind of rule is rather stupid.
rock.gif

But if you already knew those rules... why would you have bothered to join the gym?
wow.gif

(Perhaps he had no choice as that was the only gym in town?)

At any rate, the gym is obviously for curl queens, not monster lifters. He would have been better off saving his money and getting a home gym instead of subscribing to a gym (even a bench would suffice at first, you can already do bench press, plus with a lot of weights you can always do deadlifts, and just find a bar to hang on to and you can do chins... so even at a low budget, you can find good ways to workout... plus some benches also have a sort of squat rack built in).

So Planet &quot;witless&quot; is obviously dumb as gyms go, so poor guy, but he really should have stayed and trained at home.

Just my 0.02.

Oh, and by the way,
Death to Planet Witless!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

let me tell you a little story about planet fitness... i am a former member (hey, the membership was $10 a month... what can i say?) now i had been going to this place for a few months with no real issues. then, one day, i'm doing some handstand push ups against the wall and the front desk guy comes over and tells me that i &quot;can't do that in here... it's too dangerous.&quot; alright, no worries. then, a few days later, i come in and all of the squat racks are gone. i'm not taking about the power cages (they never had those to begin with,) but the free-standing, old-style, squat racks that were the only real option if you wanted to do some serious squats. now, i ask the front desk girl why they took the squat racks out and she replied &quot;because squats ar too dangerous.&quot; now, at this point, i realize that this is probably going to be my last workout at planet fitness... so, i decide to do the unthinkable: i load a barbell on the floor, clean it, push press it, lower it to my traps, and begin squatting... let me tell you, they were on me like flies on ****! literally, three or four guys came out of the woodwork and began reprimanding me about the exercise i was performing, while i was still performing it, no less! just for the record, i didn't stop until my set was finished. i finished up the workout with some leg presses, ran a fast mile on the treadmill, and then split... i haven't been back there since. **** that place. peace.

Now this planet fitness stuff is just getting out of hand....Lisa Daniels makes me want to walk into a Planet Fitness and scream at the top of my lungs while doing 20 lb dumbbell curls

Planet Fitness

I'm not sure what's worse, the concept of that gym, or the person who joins it, knowing that they will likely violate the policy.

Omg, that was sick.
And the &quot;expert&quot; who said that if you used heavy weights and grunted you will fatigue yourself and therefore drop the weight... lol?
Instead you should use a lighter weight.

What a joke.  If people don't want to hear other people grunting then they shouldn't be going to a gym in the first place.  If you don't want to hear weights being dropped then you shouldn't be going to a gym either.  It should be expected to some degree. It is just part of the environment.

Back