New plan.... Have to give the kit I borrowed back on Monday so basically gonna train hard this week then have a week off before the gyms re open on the 12th

Session done in 25 mins. Worked up to daily maxes but very little volume

HBBS
70 X5
110 x1
150 x1
190 x1
210 x1
Empty bar to max in 7 minutes

Bench +Bands
60 X5
100 x3
140 x1
145 x1
Empty bar to max in 5 mins
125 X5

Today's session

HBBS
190 X5 (2,3,4,5 rep PB) around 8.5-9 RPE so that puts my e1rm around the 227kg (500lb) mark. That 500lb high bar squat is coming!

Bench +Bands
145 x1
140 x3

3 rounds of
OHP 60kg X10
Row 60kg x15

Mini deload week done, although pushed the squat a little today

HBBS
150 x1
190 x1
210 x1
220 x1 (pb, although cut depth a little because I was a bit nervous about getting pinned under the bar)

Deadlift
230 x1
250 x1. Moved fast but form was shit, hips shot up way to fast, if this was a decent weight I would have missed it with that technique
200 x3 was nice though

Feet up bench +bands
140 x1
100 X10

So comp has been postponed.... AGAIN!! Not sure when it will be re arranged for. Good news only a week until the gyms re open. Will carry on the theme of daily maxes but all the volume will be made up with assistance exercises. Not really going to have a plan or program, but will base the accessories on what I think needs work from how the daily maxes move. Deadlifts I will keep to 1 DE day and 1 ME day as that seems to be working ok right now, although the DE I might start with a moderate single first

Anyway, todays session

LBBS
90 x5
130 x3
170 x1
190 x1
210 x1
220 x1
200 x5 (Wanted 6 to hit a 6 rep PR and a 6th rep was probably there but didn’t risk it without safeties or spotters. Still ties my best 5 rep max)
170 x5

Bench + Bands
120 x5
125 x5
130 x5
120 x5

I can never be bothered to do accessories in the garden, so hoping when I get back in the gym and start doing accessories properly it will get the lifts moving again

Flight tickets and approvals are outside my range right now, so can't manage a spot mate. Soz.

So I went for the the Jesus spot. With everything going on in my life, I needed something to feel like it was moving forward, so I decided I was going for 230 no matter what today. Based on how the warm ups felt I had no right to attempt it, but sometimes you just have to put yourself in in a position where you have to make it.

So over the last few months I've taken my high bar squat from 190 - 220 and my low bar squat from 210 - 230. I'm defianltey sold now on this is they way I should train.

Anyway, this is the 230 squat, All be it slightly high because I was a bit scared lol

Fucking oath. Nice job.

It didn't look especially high, probably line-ball in meet conditions with a singlet rather than loose shorts?

Training was trash after yesterday

HBBS worked up to a single at 200kg and was pretty Grindy

Comp bench, single at 160 that was also in slow motion

Had a return of the back cramps/spasms and elbows were sore too.

Comp postponed until 6th June, going to stick with Bulgarian style but use more variations to stop the wear and tear

My box squat sucks

So gonna do quite a bit of this going forward

225 x1 top single

Followed up with just some Mish mash of belt squats, leg curl and some prowler work

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNk7uR3AGqu/?igshid=klggr9n1c7kv

Do you try and replicate a WSBB style? I'm assuming 'no', based on the IG clip. Not suggesting you should/need to either, necessarily.

That's not a horrible # compared to your max squat though. The box is usually 10% less-ish, is my understanding.

Back