Can I train longer than 45min a day?

Thinking about what JV was saying in post # 12, in the separation of the two differing uses for cardio...If you wished to lose some fat, but maintain or gain muscle, would it not work if you did cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, then eat your maintenance diet during the day, including your PWO shakes?

I'm a total noob when it comes to cutting. Never really did it.

The cardio wouldn't do anything to burn fat in that case. To lose fat, you have to be hypocaloric - there really is no way around it. I don't think fasted cardio will do much for anyone who isn't sub-10% bodyfat anyway. If you aren't that lean, just do intervals or steady state cardio at some other time during the day. No point in torturing yourself with fasted cardio at that point.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">f you wished to lose some fat, but maintain or gain muscle, would it not work if you did cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, then eat your maintenance diet during the day, including your PWO shakes?</div>
You'd mobilize the fat and lose some of it, but since you ate at maintenance anyway, you'd have &quot;replacement fat&quot; to be stored... at the end of the day, it boils down to more or less zero fat loss ultimately.

Sometimes, you might think &quot;hey it worked&quot; and sometimes you'll hardly notice anything. That's simply because of the fluctuations in requirements. But generally, you'll probably get frustrated if you tried to cut while on maintenance diet.

Of course, if you meant &quot;maintenace diet&quot; referring to what you need to eat without cardio, then you did cardio, then that's different, as in reality you would have eaten less than your maintenance. Make sense?

<div>
(jvroig @ Aug. 02 2006,11:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
. But generally, you'll probably get frustrated if you tried to cut while on maintenance diet.

Of course, if you meant &quot;maintenace diet&quot; referring to what you need to eat without cardio, then you did cardio, then that's different, as in reality you would have eaten less than your maintenance. Make sense?</div>
I hadn't thought of that. I suppose I'd just really be eating maintenance, and adding cardio to my week, as opposed to none before the heart surgery. So it sounds like I'd then be in a calorie deficit and perhaps thin down the hate handles.

<div>
(faz @ Aug. 01 2006,04:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">it also depends on your level of fitness when your body releases cortisol..the more conditioned you are the the longer you can train..
and as the guys said get some carbs and protein

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/jalali/cortisol.htm</div>
I could train over 90 mins easy, I reckon I could hit the 2 and a half hour mark or even more . even if I do hit 90 min mark I still aint tired from my workout, But I never do cardio as I have hardly any fat to shed anyway, so I will just burn muscle.

Back