Getting nice six-pack

ashby

Hey guys,

My friend is a bodybuilder and he has totally messed up his abs- too bulky and uneven. Don't want to mess up mine like this too.

Found this:
http://www.naturalphysiques.com/cms/index.php?itemid=103&page=1

What do you think? Any ideas how to train abs? I thought that I knew how to train abs but all this talk about internal muscles (transversus, pelvic gridle) got me confused.

I will get low body fat % too.

Getting a "six-pack" is a matter of reducing your bodyfat until you can see your abdominal muscles. In most instances, doing abdominal exercises does not lead to a significant difference in their appearance.

If you look at enough images of abs you will see a great variation in how they line up. Some people's abs do not line up left to right and appear "uneven". This isn't because of anything they did, it's genetic and perfectly normal.

All this talk about "transversus, pelvic gridle" stuff is NASM culture. Don't let things get overcomplicated and you will do just fine.

Hey, thanx for the reply. Currently added some HIIT into my training schedule, hopefully will see some results in few upcoming months.

My friend is a bodybuilder and he has totally messed up his abs- too bulky and uneven. Don't want to mess up mine like this too.
This is genetic, nothing you can do except control your bodyfat. When you find they are too bulky, it's just time to put on a little more fat. (I have never really heard anybody wanting to do this; most people just want abs to show no matter what, period. :) )

If you find your abs are too uneven for your taste, I do not know of any way to remedy that situation.

What do you think? Any ideas how to train abs? I thought that I knew how to train abs but all this talk about internal muscles (transversus, pelvic gridle) got me confused.
Don't train them at all. Just forget about them and go about your normal full-body routine. When your bodyfat% goes down enough, you'll start seeing them. What % this is, and whether fat in the belly is the first or last to go, and how hard it is to control bodyfat in the first place is, unfortunately, also largely genetic, so you may or may not experience more difficulty than your friend.

Back