Graveyard Shift and working out

grosse0850

I will be switching to Graveyard shift here in a couple weeks. I do rotations of all three throughout the year. I keep my diet and program the same, but notice little more weight gain on this 3rd shift. I workout in the morning as soon as I get off hoping to get at least 6 hours of sleep. I was just wondering if anyone has experiences, advice, concerns, with third shift lifting and diet. One question is Pre and post workout shakes are important, I take casein protein when I go to bed. So on third shift If I go to bed withing an Hour of working out, what should I do concerning my three shakes being stackup on top each other?

I take my pre workout shake, work out, then my post workout shake make it my before I go to bed shake by adding 1 scoop of whey and 1 scoop of casein protein, how does that sound?

Last edited:
That sounds fine for your post workout shake. You know you can use more than one scoop in a shake though, right? If I were you, I would make a straight casein shake for before bed, with a couple scoops or whatever, then save the other third shake for after waking up if you aren't able to have breakfast right away or if the breakfast you are having is low in protein.

Back