Help me out here

I'd take Dave's physique, along with the reported 720 lb bench press, done sometime after the cut if I recall correctly. No doubt he used a bench shirt, but it's still well above average in my book
biggrin.gif

Guess that maybe strikes a blow against the "Samson" theory of powerlifting: "but if I lose my fat all my strength will go".

If any of you think that Dave would not do well in a bodybuilding show then think again. Sure, he won't win the olympia, but if he learned to pose, he could at least place well, if not win in several shows.

<div>
(Lifting N Tx @ Sep. 24 2006,12:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'd take Dave's physique, along with the reported 720 lb bench press, done sometime after the cut if I recall correctly.  No doubt he used a bench shirt, but it's still well above average in my book  
biggrin.gif
.</div>
Yeah, I have to admit that's pretty incredible. Showing abs and benching 720 simultaneously. When I 'show abs' all my lifts go down by at least 50-60 lbs, except the deadlift, which is more like 100 lbs.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">When I 'show abs' all my lifts go down by at least 50-60 lbs, except the deadlift, which is more like 100 lbs. </div>Steve, do you think this happens because of lost muscle mass due to cutting fat so low, because you are generally lower in energy, or a combo of the two?  
rock.gif

Oh, your avatar seems to have gone AWOL!

<div>
(Lol @ Sep. 24 2006,20:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">When I 'show abs' all my lifts go down by at least 50-60 lbs, except the deadlift, which is more like 100 lbs. </div>Steve, do you think this happens because of lost muscle mass due to cutting fat so low, because you are generally lower in energy, or a combo of the two?  
rock.gif

Oh, your avatar seems to have gone AWOL!</div>
It's definitely a combination, but I think it's more of a lack of energy for me. When I cut, I am very low in carbs, because it's so hard for me to lose weight. I go so low in calories that almost all my calorie sources are protein, and I feel pretty weak on a diet like that. Plus, I have to keep doing at least medium intensity cardio because my metabolism is slow, and that makes things even worse.

Back